Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Roughhousing kid's parents have to pay for door frame

Posted by cfdavep 
Roughhousing kid's parents have to pay for door frame
May 26, 2016
http://chicago.suntimes.com/lifestyles/dear-abby-who-pays-to-fix-what-rowdy-kids-break/

Moo doesn't like surprise brat expenses
Re: Roughhousing kid's parents have to pay for door frame
May 26, 2016
I like how Abby twists the knife a little with the "great kids" comment.

How rough were these kids being that they managed to break a door frame? Notice how Moo tries to downplay it with her comment about the house being full of breakables, as if a door fame is something that's super fragile.

Moo threatens to stop allowing the brats to visit the grandparents; I have a feeling that the grandparents would be relieved if this became the case. But you know Moo would never follow through with the threat (or promise?). She'd never want to give up that free babysitting.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
May 26, 2016
It takes a considerable amount of force for a door frame to be broken, let alone broken by children slamming a door.

I tend to not believe the moo's opinion on this matter.

Almost no one, except a person breaking in the door (cops and thieves), damages a door frame.

The family should pay up, and shut up.
May 26, 2016
Properly-installed door frames are hard to break. Unless the door opening was just cut in the drywall with no supporting framing lumber or studs to attach it to, you can't just break it by slamming the door.

Her kids are untrained hellions. She owes the grandparents a new door and frame, and she and the kids ALL owe a sincere apology--the kids for breaking the door frame, and the parent for raising her kids so poorly that they can't function in a house as guests.
May 26, 2016
The kids may have been lard asses or hulkatards, meaning busting a damn door frame would have been a little easier. I figured Abby would be her usual breeder taint-sucking self and would suggest that the grandparents were being assholes and that "kids will be kids," so I was shocked when she didn't kiss the Moo's ass and sided with the grandparents. I think it's better to make the kids pay because they won't learn anything if Mommy pays for it and I'm glad the grandma didn't cave to Moo's pressure either.

And OH NOES, Moo will play keep away with the kids over this?! Say it ain't so! I like how she thinks that's an actual threat because, after the fucking kids caused property damage to the grandparents' home, I'm sure they wouldn't mind never seeing the little crotch stains again. Teach your goddamn brats to act like human beings and not like retarded cavemen and maybe this kind of shit won't happen anymore.
May 27, 2016
The two important factors are that it was not an accident and that it was expensive. When I broke a window as a child, due to behaving irresponsibly, I had to pay for half of it (my partner-in-crime had to pay the rest).

It's really obnoxious how the breeder cites their school achievements as if those were mitigating factors. I was a fairly quiet, studious child, yet I nonetheless helped break a window. That it was not how I behaved most of the time was irrelevant. Breeders making excuses for their children is why many children are complete brats.
May 27, 2016
The moo should be thrilled. She could take this opportunity to find chores and assign dollar values to them and the brats can pay off the debt with the money they earned. I had a part-time babysitting job when I was 14. I lost a necklace of my mothers (it detached from my neck while I was wearing it) and had to replace it with my earnings.
May 27, 2016
Wow, I love how the mother, in the process of pointing out what angels her kids are and how right she is, just manages to show the world that she's a complete and total bitch. These gems:

"accidentally slammed a door"

How the fuck do you accidentally slam a door? One of the kids throw the other one against it? This was not an accident. Your brats are not innocent.

"Their grandpa had asked them to stop, which they apparently didn’t do."

So, to me this says a couple of things. It says she wasn't watching her kids and didn't supervise their "roughhousing," and it says she's trying to imply that maybe, just maybe, they weren't even involved. The door slammed itself, or grandpa did it and blamed the cherubs, I guess.

"Now, three months later"

Because the inlaws clearly should have gotten over it by now. Or the door should have healed itself by now, or something. She's lucky they didn't send a bill sooner.

"to see what they could’ve done to make it up to her."

Maybe they did. Maybe that's why they agreed to pay for repairs. Or were you not expecting them to actually take responsibility, since you don't think your kids should have to ever do that?

"I’m just not comfortable with her still holding onto this"

Well, guess what, dearie, she's probably not comfortable with having a door that won't close anymore, or having your brats run roughshod through what is apparently is a nice home, filled as it is with "valuables" (valuables like door frames?). Guess also what-- it's not about you, bitch. (I'm guessing she's more than capable of holding a three-month grudge, though.)

"shouldn’t my mother-in-law have gracefully let it go?"

So if you expect someone who damaged your house to make good on repairs, you're somehow uncouth? I think it's a lot less graceful that she left the in laws' home without making arrangements to have the damage repaired, herself. But no, mother-in-law is to blame for wanting her door fixed. Wtf.

"considered by most people to be great kids"

I'd love to hear what the people who DON'T think they're great kids have said to her about her brats.

And my favorite part:
"If it wasn’t, then maybe we shouldn’t visit at her home, since it’s filled with breakable valuables."

Playing the passive-aggressive cunt (not a word I use often, but it seems fitting here). And what was I saying about being capable of holding a grudge? "I can't bring your grandkids to see you anymore because 1) you expect them to behave 2) you expect them to be responsible for their actions and 3) your house and possessions are too nice."

What a fucking bitch.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login