Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Autard in my yard?

Autard in my yard?
May 26, 2016
Hello everyone,

It's been a while since I posted, i just had some things to deal with. Like the selfish person that I am, I decided to stop lurking and post because I need advice. About 5 months ago I bought a puppy. When I am not home, I put him on a tether in my yard, because my yard is not fenced and I don't want him in the crate for 6+ hours a day. About three days ago, I came home and he was in the front yard, his harness being broken. The same day, I put him in his kennel and bought him a new collar, and a flea collar. The next morning both were broken again. I had assumed he chewed through them, because he seems to like chewing, but my dad looked at them and said they weren't chewed. My dad says they were cut, because there are no teeth marks and they are damaged only in that place. My neighbor across the street said that my neighbor to my left has an autard that walks around the neighborhood, and he suspects he cut the collars and harness.

How do I keep the autard away from my dog when I'm not home? I don't want to lock him in his crate, and I am not in the financial position to build a fence. Can I call the cops? I don't have any cameras up, but I did save the collars and harness. Is that enough evidence to do anything with?

Lock him up or put him down.
Stolen from Shiny.
Re: Autard in my yard?
May 26, 2016
Recommend keeping the collars, as it is obvious they've been cut. Also, file a police report for both so that you have the dates logged. I'd recommend talking to the police, as buying a cheap camera may allow you to press trespassing charges in the future.

Also, I had to put my dog outside with a tether for one day because maintenance was working on the fence and specifically mandated the dogs be tethered. My nosey-cunt neighbors saw this happening, flipped out and called the police for animal cruelty before I even had time to leave the yard. I say this because you could potentially live near one of these assholes.

Those same neighbors had alienated everyone who lived in the area because the bitch wife would sit outside and yell at people who she perceived as animal abusers (which was everyone who had a dog which ever barked). I stopped hanging around her when I was at her house and she did this. She sat at home on her ass all day doing nothing, every day, chain smoking and popping anti-anxiety medication like it was candy and sitting on Fakebook whining about animal cruelty and what awful people her neighbors were. Her main hobby was spying on the neighbors and when I first moved there we were invited to her house which looked like something out of Hoarders. No one would speak to them. Warned the ex-husband it was a bad idea to get a dog because then we'd be a target and he didn't listen.

And, her dog was just like her. Always making noise and never happy. Barking at the slightest thing. Completely annoying.
May 26, 2016
get a trail camera from Bass Pro shop

Stick a "Trespassers Will Be Shot. Survivors Will Be Shot Again" sign in your yard. smiling smiley But it is legal in some places to shoot trespassers if you think they mean serious harm to you or anyone/anything else on your property.

I know you don't want to, but keep your pup indoors for the time being. He'll get over being crated for a while and it's for his safety. Also, keep the collars as evidence, and it wouldn't hurt to call the police; they might agree to watch your yard for a little bit to see if the perp returns. What age is this tard neighbor anyway? Is it a little kid or a fully-grown one? Awtards aren't really known for being careful, so if this idiot is cutting collars off your dog, I'd be concerned about them possibly cutting the dog in the process. Must be Tardley doesn't have the dexterity to figure out a buckle, so they just chop the collars off (assuming that's who it is).

Security cameras have become a lot more commonplace over the years and you can get them relatively cheap now. Just taking a quick peek at Google, I see one for $14.95 at Home Depot, one of those dome-shaped ones for $20 and one from WalMart for $11.99. Stick it somewhere where the tard won't be able to reach it (or see it, if possible) in the event they have a moment of intelligence and attempt to break/steal it.
May 26, 2016
@Cambion

I have seen that sign before, and I do like it. I am not sure of Tardley's age, I have heard from other people in the 16-18 range. This worries me, as teenage boys of sound mind are bad enough. Add in the mental disorder to the hormonal mix and it's even worse.

I have filed an online police report, and will keep the dog inside when I'm not home. Thank you guys for the advice, I will do some shopping for cameras. I'm thinking I might go with a trail camera. My parents had a Night Owl system that required a separate wifi network, and installing such a system is beyond my depth of understanding.

Stolen from Shiny.
May 27, 2016
I would also go with a camera.

Btw. you have discovered a completely new species - the Yard-Tard!
May 27, 2016
Trust me it's worse, a tard who's got the intelligence of a knat, but hormonal and physically at their peak, can do some serious damage. Not to mention usually hulking, as the moo and duh usually overfeed them with the most processed crap available to placate them.

I'm with the others here, and get a camera for evidence, that way a restraining order can be put on it asap. It's harsh, but seeing how the parunts let their tard be range-free, the only thing they understand is authority telling them to cut their shit.

A yard-tard cutting collars off the fur-child isn't far off from doing an Adam Lanza on the fur-parents, and the bets are off if one trespasses into my property.
May 27, 2016
If you cannot get a camera, I would stay home one day, hidden, with a camera, and get pictures of who is doing this. There is no guarantee it is the person you suspect, it could also be a busybody. With the pictures you will have much more success charging trespass and vandalism when you go to the police.
May 27, 2016

I know you don't want to, but keep your pup indoors for the time being. He'll get over being crated for a while and it's for his safety.

This is a very good idea anyway. In addition to the danger posed by the roamer in question, an unattended puppy is a target. He could be stolen, attacked by another animal, or injured or killed by some psychopath looking for kicks.
May 27, 2016
mrs. chinaski
I would also go with a camera.

Btw. you have discovered a completely new species - the Yard-Tard!

Good one!
May 27, 2016
@Mrs.Chinaski

ooh. Discoverers of new species get to name them, right? I think the common name shall be yard tard, and the scientific name shall be Tardus Yardus XD

Stolen from Shiny.
May 28, 2016

Discoverers of new species get to name them, right?

You are right. I am so sorry. It is your privilege!

Yesterday, I look into the yard but I didn't see any Tardus Yardus.
They have to be a rare species.
May 28, 2016
We have a good neighbor who has reported to us that the neighborhood busy bodies patrol the neighborhood, walk up our drive and try to "calm" our dog when she barks at them. And they're not even retarded or autarded! Obviously stupid, yes. They do traipse right past the no trespassing sign. Grr!

I've been lobbying for security cameras for a while now, my husband is waiting for some magical dollars to pixels ratio before buying a set. Ugh. How about a gate? Oh yes, as soon as the garage is built... next year... don't want to block any heavy machinery coming up the drive.

I want to put up a sign sooner than that that says, "Smile! If you are close enough to read this sign, you're being recorded!" And something about you better have gotten permission to pass the no trespassing signs otherwise a report will be filed.
Even without having gotten cameras yet.
May 28, 2016
@mrs. chinaski

I am sorry I discovered it also. Well, I'm sorry it exists.

Hopefully they are critically endangered.

Stolen from Shiny.
May 29, 2016
Dig a big, steep-sided pit, cover with brush and lay a trail of junk food to it. Come morning you'll have caught a prize specimen of Tardus Yardus.
May 29, 2016
bookworm
Dig a big, steep-sided pit, cover with brush and lay a trail of junk food to it. Come morning you'll have caught a prize specimen of Tardus Yardus.

Are we allowed to put pointy sticks in the bottom of the pit?
June 01, 2016
Update:
I checked on home depot and unfortunately the inexpensive cameras are decoy cameras. I bought a padlock and chain for his kennel so no one can get to him when I am not home. The kennel is larger than his indoor crate, it has a roof, dog house, and dish of water. I don't like that he doesn't have free range on the tether anymore, but I'm hoping this is a short term thing. I also moved the old no trespassing sign to my front yard between our houses. Maybe a little passive aggressive, but since I can't have the shit arrested without more evidence it is all I could think of.

I came home and found a couple of fence posts knocked over, and trash in my yard. I guess being unable to get to the dog, the spiteful fucker decided to mess around the front yard instead.

@yurble
That is a good idea. Until I can afford a security system, I may ask my dad one day to take my car somewhere while I hide in the house to see what happens.

Stolen from Shiny.
June 01, 2016
contemplativeintrovert
Update:
I checked on home depot and unfortunately the inexpensive cameras are decoy cameras. I bought a padlock and chain for his kennel so no one can get to him when I am not home. The kennel is larger than his indoor crate, it has a roof, dog house, and dish of water. I don't like that he doesn't have free range on the tether anymore, but I'm hoping this is a short term thing. I also moved the old no trespassing sign to my front yard between our houses. Maybe a little passive aggressive, but since I can't have the shit arrested without more evidence it is all I could think of.

I came home and found a couple of fence posts knocked over, and trash in my yard. I guess being unable to get to the dog, the spiteful fucker decided to mess around the front yard instead.

@yurble
That is a good idea. Until I can afford a security system, I may ask my dad one day to take my car somewhere while I hide in the house to see what happens.

Bass Pro has a couple for around $70 http://www.basspro.com/Hunting-Game-Trail-Cameras/_/N-1z0ux3h/No-0

Walrusmart has on for around $50 http://www.walmart.com/c/kp/trail-cameras

I would crate indoors to keep Yard Tard from hurting your dog. Dogs actually do well in a crate, as it is their safe space.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
June 07, 2016
I would leave the house with the car (or whatever is normal) park somewhere and walk back or go to a neighbors house trying to be unobserved, go in back door (pre arranged of course). Might take a few days but you'll get them. and call the cops whichever yard tard it is.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
June 07, 2016
Update 2

Another collar was cut, so we called the police. An officer went to the house to speak with them, and I bought some trail cameras. One was placed around a tree, but the autard went around it. In one frame, the dog has a harness, he goes off the frame for a minute, and does not have a harness when he comes back. This was from a locked kennel. This is just more evidence that it is the neighbor, who knows the dog is not dangerous. You'd have to know this, not even an autard is stupid enough to reach into the kennel of a potentially dangerous Doberman. No pictures yet. For the last 3 days or so, Audi has been living in the house, even at night. More cameras are on the way and I am going to do some work in the yard to deter the flapper.

Stolen from Shiny.
June 07, 2016
contemplativeintrovert
Update 2

Another collar was cut, so we called the police. An officer went to the house to speak with them, and I bought some trail cameras. One was placed around a tree, but the autard went around it. In one frame, the dog has a harness, he goes off the frame for a minute, and does not have a harness when he comes back. This was from a locked kennel. This is just more evidence that it is the neighbor, who knows the dog is not dangerous. You'd have to know this, not even an autard is stupid enough to reach into the kennel of a potentially dangerous Doberman. No pictures yet. For the last 3 days or so, Audi has been living in the house, even at night. More cameras are on the way and I am going to do some work in the yard to deter the flapper.

Glad you're on this and sounds as if it is about to be resolved. Adui the Autard needs to get a hobby.
June 07, 2016
@Freya

Hopefully it is resolved soon. I think I omitted a coma or didn't write clearly, Audi is the name of my dog that the autard is messing with. I wanted to give him an elegant name. Tbh though, it doesn't fit his personality haha, he is a big lug that jumps on things and slobbers into his food. Not very kingly winking smiley

Stolen from Shiny.
June 07, 2016
contemplativeintrovert
@Freya

Hopefully it is resolved soon. I think I omitted a coma or didn't write clearly, Audi is the name of my dog that the autard is messing with. I wanted to give him an elegant name. Tbh though, it doesn't fit his personality haha, he is a big lug that jumps on things and slobbers into his food. Not very kingly winking smiley

Oh no, thought you were referring to the autard as Audi, sorry about that! smiling smiley
June 07, 2016
freya
contemplativeintrovert
@Freya

Oh no, thought you were referring to the autard as Audi, sorry about that! smiling smiley
Thought you meant the autard was being held in the house to prevent shananigans.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login