Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

another pna via wild animal

Posted by ladybug2203 
another pna via wild animal
June 15, 2016
http://abcnews.go.com/US/child-dragged-gator-lake-disney-resort-florida-search/story?id=39863870

Another PNA via wild animal, 2 yr old was in water at night in gator lagoon where no swimming signs were posted
Re: another pna via wild animal
June 15, 2016
Why have I not heard from the media that it was 'at night' and there were 'no swimming signs posted' ? Conveniently left out. What I heard was 'chyld playing in 1 foot of water and was snatched by the gator while father tried to fight it off.' (therefore making for heroic father figure) Oh well... the truth will come out and ...again... we wait and see if the parunts are charged with anything. I feel that the 'no they have suffered enough' will be the resounding song.
June 15, 2016
http://edition.cnn.com/2016/06/15/us/alligator-attacks-child-disney-florida/

The parents watched as the alligator attacked the toddler at the Seven Seas Lagoon.
The lagoon is connected to a series of canals which feed into large bodies of water.
"The father actually went into the water to wrestle his son from the grips of the alligator," he said.
The father suffered minor scratches on his hand but was unsuccessful in getting his son back.
The mother also went into the water, trying to find her child, he said.

Jeff Corwin, a noted national animal expert, said he was surprised this happened so close
to a highly regulated area but noted there are millions of alligators in Florida. Disney has many
thousand acres. An alligator could make its way, undetected through some swamp and marsh
into a lagoon near where people congregate.

There are "No Swimming" signs at the lagoon, and no one else was in the water at the
time of the attack besides the child
, Demings said
Declan Salcido, who's on vacation with relatives from San Jose, California, said the "No Swimming"
signs are visible "from any vantage point."
The lagoon is not for recreational swimming.
"This is Florida, and it's not uncommon for alligators to be in bodies of water," Demings said.

The alligator is between 4 and 7 feet long, Demings said, adding he's unsure of its exact size.
A gator that size would be unlikely to attack an adult, he said, but a child would be more vulnerable.

I cannot decide if it is PNA or a height of stupidity.

Some fun facts regarding the lives of alligators:
They mostly sleep in the sun during the day and feed at night,
when they can only be detected by the red glow of their eyes.
June 15, 2016
A child alone, near the water, with parents "watching" with clearly visible "No Swimming" signs everywhere was an attempted PNA...the gator was just a bonus. Now heifer can low and moan about the ebil mouse did nothing to prevent gators from taking her pwecious to its demise and duhd gets to look allllll hewoic for "taking on such a fierce beast". Personally I believe he didn't really try. If it was as small as they say it was and in that shallow water, all he really had to do was snatch his kid back. Plus if he really fought it, he would be torn up not just minor scratches.

"It is better not to look like what you are; it is better to look like a bourgeois woman because then all the doors are open for you and then you can just go and make hell." - Marjane Satrapi
June 15, 2016
mrs. chinaski

Some fun facts regarding the lives of alligators:
They mostly sleep in the sun during the day and feed at night,
when they can only be detected by the red glow of their eyes.

That's pretty cool. Any chance the alligators life will be spared?.. None? Thought so. What idiot let's their kid play in random water? What if it was sewerage run off? I actually heard this news on the radio a few hours ago, but no mention of it being a no swimming area or night.
June 15, 2016
exile
That's pretty cool. Any chance the alligators life will be spared?.. None? Thought so. What idiot let's their kid play in random water? What if it was sewerage run off? I actually heard this news on the radio a few hours ago, but no mention of it being a no swimming area or night.

With wild animals, they first have to catch it. Which of course means killing every likely animal in the vicinity, and then examining the stomachs for remains. For no good reason...the alligator is opportunistic, not behaving strangely, and the species is not going to "learn" from that. It will just lead to lots of dead wildlife and lots of time wasted.
June 15, 2016
mrs. chinaski
http://edition.cnn.com/2016/06/15/us/alligator-attacks-child-disney-florida/

"The father actually went into the water to wrestle his son from the grips of the alligator," he said.
The father suffered minor scratches on his hand but was unsuccessful in getting his son back.

BULL. If duh had tried to fight an alligator, it would have torn off his arm, not left him with minor scratches.
Also, no doubt this was a PNA. My family has lived in Florida for a while, saving travelling, and the kids were always told to watch out for gators. By the time I was in first grade I knew not to go near the water, and not to play outside around dawn or dusk. This wasn't an accident.

Lock him up or put him down.
Stolen from Shiny.
June 15, 2016
addiea raine
A child alone, near the water, with parents "watching" with clearly visible "No Swimming" signs everywhere was an attempted PNA...the gator was just a bonus. Now heifer can low and moan about the ebil mouse did nothing to prevent gators from taking her pwecious to its demise and duhd gets to look allllll hewoic for "taking on such a fierce beast". Personally I believe he didn't really try. If it was as small as they say it was and in that shallow water, all he really had to do was snatch his kid back. Plus if he really fought it, he would be torn up not just minor scratches.

Don't forget the multimillion lawsuit payday...cheaper than lottery tickets.

I lived in Floriduh for several years. The gators would sunbathe in my apartment's parking lot.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
June 15, 2016

Do you think that they can be successful with a lawsuit when there were "No swimming" signs? eye popping smiley
June 15, 2016
I notice this took place at the Grand Floridian, the most expensive Disney resort that cost at least $600 a night. So I guess rich parents like to do a PNA rather than hire a nanny when the kids get to be too much to deal with.
June 15, 2016
mr. neptune
I notice this took place at the Grand Floridian, the most expensive Disney resort that cost at least $600 a night. So I guess rich parents like to do a PNA rather than hire a nanny when the kids get to be too much to deal with.

Now, if you aren't that rich and have to stay at a value resort, I know there are plenty of ways to do a PNA at Animal Kingdom.
June 15, 2016
I call PNA too. I've heard of 'gators taking dogs, cats etc but not people in Florida.

"Now honey, go play in the water..."
June 15, 2016
Last I heard... they have killed 4 gators and cut them open looking for signs of the kyd.
June 15, 2016
mrs. chinaski

Do you think that they can be successful with a lawsuit when there were "No swimming" signs? eye popping smiley

If it was us, no. But "they have suffered enough."

From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
June 15, 2016
I wonder how many gators they will kill to find the digested toddler to give the parents peace they will need.
Once again a sweep attack on wildlife for asses that found a shot at getting rid of the kid. What parent takes their kid swimming at 9pm at night in a place full of signs not to do so due to GATORS?
When I lived in GA we river kayaked and their were teens who would swim in the riveres there without getting caught. Gators are total ambush predators and will not go after you if they see you looking at them. I chased a few back into waterbodies while biking and they back up knowing ambush is not possible. Night is perfect for ambush, plus a gator big enough to take a toddler would take that guy's arm.
June 15, 2016
Hmmm... seems they now found the body... more to come...

from ABC News
The child had waded no more than 1 or 2 feet into the water of the Seven Seas Lagoon around nightfall Tuesday when he was taken from a small beach, authorities said. The Nebraska family of four was on vacation at a Disney World resort.

The boy's father desperately tried to fight off the gator, suffering lacerations on a hand, but he could not save his son. Neither could a nearby lifeguard, officials said.

"No swimming" signs were posted at the beach, but the child was wading, not swimming, said Jeff Williamson, a spokesman for the Orange County Sheriff's Department.

I am curious how much money they will obtain in a lawsuit or settlement based on the semantics of "wading" versus "swimming."

Of course even if the sign read, "Do not enter this body of water at any time, under any circumstance," that still wouldn't be enough warning for some people...
June 15, 2016
They found the dead body. Apparently, he wasn't gator chow after all.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/15/us/alligator-attacks-child-disney-florida/index.html
June 15, 2016
Peace
They found the dead body. Apparently, he wasn't gator chow after all.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/15/us/alligator-attacks-child-disney-florida/index.html

The boy's body was found intact. And the father only suffered "minor scratches" after wrestling with an alligator.

Am I crazy, or is there is more to this story than meets the eye...? eye popping smiley
June 15, 2016
When we lived in GA we met a dude who grew up there. He said gators will commonly spin around with their prey and take them down to the bottom, where they will keep the animal or even person for safe keeping tangled among underwater branches "for later" I don't know, maybe the gator decided the meal was too small smiling smiley I shouldn't be humorous about it though. Dh and I used to never take our eyes of the river banks and banks by the bays, The gators would ALWAYS jump in front of the kayaks far up the stream, making a huge splash and sometimes I wondered if they were under the boat as they would then disappear in who knows what direction.

Maybe these Nebraska breeders though the gators just had that Disney mentality and took their kid to meet them, like the people getting their selfies with Bison out west
June 15, 2016
In between the time I read this at home and coming here to my other job, I thought.... "Wait, they were staying in a resort with $500 a night rooms and think some pond, in Florida, is the place for their wee one to paddle, splash and wade?"

And now, this. I definitely say PNA!

(And when I was walking out of my apartment, my equally crusty and CF neighbor lady asked me about this and she LOVES the "PNA" explanation. I also filled her in on the time and the signs that said NO SWIMMING, that the "news" keeps omitting from the story. And she agrees. They PLANNED this.)
June 15, 2016
So the kid's body is completely intact, and they say he probably drowned. That is weird, it was an easy meal. So now they have taken five gators and killed them. They seem to think they can determine the culprit through forensics and if it is not one of these five, they will continue the slaughter until they find the evil one. The one who did not eat the kid but most likely mistook it for some nocturnal animal and decided it didn't like the taste of toadler.
June 15, 2016
blondie
The one who did not eat the kid but most likely mistook it for some nocturnal animal and decided it didn't like the taste of toadler.

Alligator, spits out kid... "Bleaachh. Tastes like chicken nuggets!"
June 15, 2016
yurble
exile

With wild animals, they first have to catch it. Which of course means killing every likely animal in the vicinity, and then examining the stomachs for remains. For no good reason...the alligator is opportunistic, not behaving strangely, and the species is not going to "learn" from that. It will just lead to lots of dead wildlife and lots of time wasted.

Exactly, when I read an update at noon the alligator death toll was 4 with no sign of human remains. Makes me sick so I stopped reading. There is no benefit to slaughtering alligators in hopes of finding human remains.
June 15, 2016
This story stinks to high heaven. Way too many unanswered questions here--toadler was not with his parunts and "wading" in about a foot of water. Two-year-olds aren't tall enough to wade in that depth, and they fall over easily. Gator pulls the kyd under, kyd drowns. Why the hell do any gators need to be killed? Kyd was found intact. Moo and Duh have a 4 y.o. girl, too, and they are from Nebraska. One would think PNA's could be done closer to home. I guess toadler wasn't the Golden Sprog after all.

It takes a child to raze a village.
June 15, 2016
Did they just hold it under?
Is there video of the attack?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login