Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

another pna via wild animal

Posted by ladybug2203 
Re: another pna via wild animal
June 15, 2016
Matt Walsh, whose name I've heard but can't place exactly, just wrote a long and stupid blog article that is filled with bingos about the hateful mean people who are criticizing these poor parunts. And of course, anyone who dares to question the parents is a bitter, childless hater.

Nobody is happy this kid is dead, particularly from something was preventable with the application of a little common sense and dare I say it, respecting signs!

I think the "he wasn't swimming--he was wading," bothers me most of all. Based on this blogger's age and idiot comments from younger people....there is clearly a generation gap. I was born in 1962. I was raised by old school parents. I was raised to have reading comprehension skills. I actually read signs that are posted in public places and MODIFY MY BEHAVIOR ACCORDINGLY.

Today, you see peoples' kids in fountains, ponds, all bodies of water, sign or no sign.

Idiots today think signs are merely suggestions. Those pesky rules and signs about not jay walking or not parking in specified areas couldn't possibly apply to their special little selves. (Kind of like the rules on this page, yanno?)

Anyway, Lurking Breeders, here's a reading lesson:

"No swimming" doesn't mean:

no floating on a raft
no wading
no doing the dog paddle, because that's not really considered swimming.

IT MEANS:

NO PART OF YOUR BODY IS TO ENTER THE WATER
OR
STAY THE FUCK OUT OF THE WATER.

When I was a kid, had I evaded my parents and entered water I wasn't supposed to (and that's the only way it would have happened) they would have plucked me right out of the water and given me Hell, right there on the spot. As they should have.

These idiot parents thought "no swimming" couldn't possibly apply to them or their crotch fruit.

Mark my words, there will be some changes at Disney. There will be signs now that read

NO SWIMMING
NO WADING

There will pictorial symbol-signs for the above. They will be in Braille. There will be alligator symbols. There will be DANGER signs all around. They may even wall off the bodies of water, who knows. ( Try to idiot proof something, and humans just produce better idiots.)

The lawsuit is coming. These idiots will proclaim through their lawyer that "it's not about the money." (Nobody will believe them) They are only doing it so "no other family has to endure what we went through."

Disney will settle out of court and hopefully they will get a gag order so we don't have to hear about these people again.
June 15, 2016
Now I just heard.... "baybee was in 6" of water;' It will take weeks for all the details to become clear... but I'll bet the lawyers are lining up.

Kyd was found not far from where it was 'grabbed'. (I heard..'with in a few yards') If any of these 'gator experts' KNEW that gators take their catch to the bottom and save it for later' then why didn't they look there sooner instead of killing off...what I beleive now... to be five gators?

Yeah, lots of info still to come on this one. This time we have no cell phone video either. However.... you just never know when one my suddenly surface.
June 15, 2016
What I don't get is that this couple was well off to stay at the GF, the most expensive of Disney resorts. We visited the GF and it has the nicest pool you could ask for, with white sand, slides, fountains, and lots of playthings for kids. They could probably get a sitter through Disney too. But to let the kid go in the lagoon, it has to be a PNA that was planned. After all, they could have just spent $400 at night at the Contemporary resort and dangle him over the inside balcony but they didn't want everyone in the monorail see their kid go splat on the main floor.
June 15, 2016
the noodler
blondie
The one who did not eat the kid but most likely mistook it for some nocturnal animal and decided it didn't like the taste of toadler.

Alligator, spits out kid... "Bleaachh. Tastes like chicken nuggets!"

What a coincidence, there is a ride at Epcot where Figment says "tastes like chicken!"
June 15, 2016
mr. neptune
the noodler
blondie
The one who did not eat the kid but most likely mistook it for some nocturnal animal and decided it didn't like the taste of toadler.

Alligator, spits out kid... "Bleaachh. Tastes like chicken nuggets!"

What a coincidence, there is a ride at Epcot where Figment says "tastes like chicken!"

What? I'm still reminiscing from the Contemporary and monorail reference and thinking of being there in 1977 for just the Contemporary's fancy brunch at which we were all on our best behavior and Sunday best for such a luxurious occasion and location. At six years old I knew it was a big deal, especially for my mom who saved for years for this trip. The Epcot was just a golf ball back then. It still is actually. Oh, thank you alligator boy for giving me a chance to relive my younger days..... days you are now denied because your breeders are idiots.
June 16, 2016
http://edition.cnn.com/2016/06/15/us/alligator-attacks-child-disney-florida/

The body of the boy, Lane Graves, was found intact about 1:45 p.m., not far from where
the boy was grabbed Tuesday night, Demings said. His body had only a few puncture wounds,
according to a source familiar with the investigation.
He likely drowned, Demings said.
"Of course, the autopsy has to confirm that, but there is likely no question in my mind that the child
was drowned by the alligator," Demings said.

Demings said the Graves were distraught yet relieved that this was not a protracted search.
He said he brought a priest with him when breaking the news to the parents, who are Catholic.

Executive Director Nick Wiley said the alligator may have already been caught, but that has not yet been confirmed.
"We're going to make certain that we have the alligator that was involved, and that we remove it from the lake," he said.
Forensics teams will try to determine whether one of the alligators already taken from the lake is the one that dragged off the boy.
If not, the search for alligators in the lake will continue.

I think the boy was Gator Snax and the alligator simply hid his body.

Crocodilians such as the alligator are predators with ineffective teeth action -
they can bite prey to kill it but can't tear flesh or chew. Small enough prey are swallowed whole while for larger prey,
such as a deer, the carcass is cached underwater and left to rot (or "ripen") until it is easy to eat.

I don't get why they are so obsessed with finding the alligator.
I agree with yurble, the animal didn't do anything unusual so what's the point?
June 16, 2016

Executive Director Nick Wiley said the alligator may have already been caught, but that has not yet been confirmed.
"We're going to make certain that we have the alligator that was involved, and that we remove it from the lake," he said.
Forensics teams will try to determine whether one of the alligators already taken from the lake is the one that dragged off the boy.
If not, the search for alligators in the lake will continue.

Why. Why would you kill dozens of animals and waste time and money trying to determine through forensics which of the animals killed the kid? Don't they have better things to do with state employee's time, like processing backlogged rape kits?

Sometimes, there may be merit into finding out which animal killed a person, if the animal displayed uncharacteristic behavior which suggests that it would pose a risk to people. There is no merit to doing so when the animal is behaving characteristically and in its own domain. The blame is entirely on people who enter the animal's domain and then proceed to act stupidly.

There is no enemy. There is no external party to blame. (This is quite aside with whether the parents should be charged with negligence or PNA.) If a rock falls on someone you can go ahead and bash it to pieces but you're not teaching the rock or other rocks like it a lesson, nor doing anything whatsoever to prevent something similar from happening to another person. All you do is look like an irrational moron with no sense of proportion.

If every single alligator in that part of the state is killed, then what? Will it prevent even one single human death in the next year?

Quite aside from my feelings on killing wildlife for behaving like wildlife, I just think of how much could be accomplished with all that energy that's being put into something so meaningless. Heart attacks kill far more people than alligators, what if we invested that effort into fighting heart attacks? About 50 people are killed in the US each year by lightning strikes, whereas I can find a list of 5 people killed this decade by alligators. And one of them jumped into water posted with warning signs after mocking alligators, and another was in the process of robbing homes.

Why is nobody asking, let alone answering, the questions that should be on everyone's mind, questions like: Who created this policy in response to alligator attacks? Is this a proportional response and an effective use of staff time? Will this greatly increase general safety, give people confidence in the rule of law, or otherwise promote stability? When people's deliberate actions put them in risky or fatal situations, just how much public effort should be put into rescuing them or retrieving their bodies?
June 16, 2016
bell_flower
Matt Walsh, whose name I've heard but can't place exactly, just wrote a long and stupid blog article that is filled with bingos about the hateful mean people who are criticizing these poor parunts. And of course, anyone who dares to question the parents is a bitter, childless hater.

Nobody is happy this kid is dead, particularly from something was preventable with the application of a little common sense and dare I say it, respecting signs!

I think the "he wasn't swimming--he was wading," bothers me most of all. Based on this blogger's age and idiot comments from younger people....there is clearly a generation gap. I was born in 1962. I was raised by old school parents. I was raised to have reading comprehension skills. I actually read signs that are posted in public places and MODIFY MY BEHAVIOR ACCORDINGLY.

Today, you see peoples' kids in fountains, ponds, all bodies of water, sign or no sign.

Idiots today think signs are merely suggestions. Those pesky rules and signs about not jay walking or not parking in specified areas couldn't possibly apply to their special little selves. (Kind of like the rules on this page, yanno?)

no floating on a raft
no wading

IT MEANS:

OR

Any application of logic would reveal that there are very few circumstances where swimming would be unsafe but wading would be safe. Consider all the reasons there might be no-swimming signs: brain-eating amoeba, stinging jellyfish, sharks, alligators, riptide, algae bloom, polluted water, leaches, piranha, etc. Do many of those suggest that wading would be a safe alternative to swimming, especially for toddlers?
June 16, 2016
I wonder if the reason malls don't have fountains anymore is because breeders don't teach their brats water safety or supervise them these days.

I agree this is a PNA and I feel sorry for all the wild animals being used for that purpose lately.
June 16, 2016

Who created this policy in response to alligator attacks? Is this a proportional response and an effective use of staff time? Will this greatly increase general safety, give people confidence in the rule of law, or otherwise promote stability?

So this. And I suppose the "forensic analysis" means swabbing the mouths of the deceased alligators to look for the presence of human DNA? And pushing these kits to the front of the line, displacing other cases where there's an actual perpetrator.

This whole response is an exercise in stupidity.
June 16, 2016
bell_flower

Who created this policy in response to alligator attacks? Is this a proportional response and an effective use of staff time? Will this greatly increase general safety, give people confidence in the rule of law, or otherwise promote stability?

So this. And I suppose the "forensic analysis" means swabbing the mouths of the deceased alligators to look for the presence of human DNA? And pushing these kits to the front of the line, displacing other cases where there's an actual perpetrator.

This whole response is an exercise in stupidity.

I'm guessing it is bite pattern matching, or if parts of the corpse are missing, stomach content analysis.

But regardless of what type of forensic work it is, it's pointless. All that needs to be done is to establish that the boy was killed by an alligator and not, for instance, drowned by his parents and scavenged by an alligator. And that can be done by examining the boy's body to determine if the bites were made before or after death.
June 16, 2016
They are saying now the parunts were on the beach when the kid was wading. The gator ambushed and the duh tried to get the kid back. Moo was running back and forth up and down the beach. The gator took the kid and drowned it. Now everyone is ahem....shocked that a gator was found in that particular water body. I guess Disney was supposed to check that for people. ANY water body in south can contain a gator. A case of Darwin wins
June 16, 2016
I'm going to have to side with the parents here. Disney built a groomed, maintained beach right next to a known danger uncommon to many tourists, and then the threat wasn't adequately communicated. It's like seeing a sign next to a faucet saying "Do not drink" and I decide well, I can use still some water for watering my plants. Oops, the water wasn't merely dirty, the faucet was actually near a live electrical outlet and I'm shocked to death. I wasn't an electrician, how was I supposed to know?

Having said that, I'm really surprised this hasn't happened before. And I'd be much less sympathetic if the sprog was in an inner tube swimming offshore, but from all accounts he was just walking.

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
June 16, 2016
yurble
bell_flower

no floating on a raft
no wading

IT MEANS:

OR

Any application of logic would reveal that there are very few circumstances where swimming would be unsafe but wading would be safe. Consider all the reasons there might be no-swimming signs: brain-eating amoeba, stinging jellyfish, sharks, alligators, riptide, algae bloom, polluted water, leaches, piranha, etc. Do many of those suggest that wading would be a safe alternative to swimming, especially for toddlers?

Right, so now do they have to put up big orange signs with every possible danger because some moo doesn't take a No Swimming sign seriously. Something else could have happened to the kid, maybe a parasite or a water snake bite. Wading or swimming no difference. That water is murky and I cannot imagine how dark and ominous it must have looked at night. Yet they let a toddler go in. If parents were not holding his hand while he was in a body of water that is negligence. These parunts are morons.
June 16, 2016
We will never know the real story particularly how for away the parents were. One minute they were right next to him amd otjer versions have the parents 20-30 yards away from their other kid. Why would you let your two year old kid wade in water without being right there next to him or her

I would hate to be working at disney right now.
June 16, 2016
bell_flower
I would hate to be working at disney.

Fixed that for you smiling smiley

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
June 16, 2016
the noodler
In between the time I read this at home and coming here to my other job, I thought.... "Wait, they were staying in a resort with $500 a night rooms and think some pond, in Florida, is the place for their wee one to paddle, splash and wade?"

And now, this. I definitely say PNA!

(And when I was walking out of my apartment, my equally crusty and CF neighbor lady asked me about this and she LOVES the "PNA" explanation. I also filled her in on the time and the signs that said NO SWIMMING, that the "news" keeps omitting from the story. And she agrees. They PLANNED this.)

Especially when I looked at a map of the property and there were two swimming pools right on the beach.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/map/#/id=grand-floridian-resort-and-spa/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
June 16, 2016
I totally agree it was a PNA. There's a picture of the kid attached to an article I read this morning, and the little guy looks like a sneauxflayke who has never been told no, knows he can get away with anything, and a little bit FAS too. Anybody else see his picture? I'd be tired of him too!
(I'm fine being the evilest CF in the thread. 3:-) )

But you know, I thought through the possibilities of life and decided hell no decades ago.
June 16, 2016
A lot of commenters are saying that "you can't expect people who grew up in Nebraska to understand the dangers of Florida" and that Disney needed to put up "more signs" Funny I am in NY and like to hike yet I heard all about mountain lion dangers in California. Strange how I obtained that info.
June 16, 2016
All two year olds look like annoying little shits and they act like it too. (Pats scar where burned tubes and uterus used to be.)

I don't think it's a PNA. If anything they were trying to get rid of his sister, because she was 20 or 30 yards away from the parents.

I think they were just typical, careless Breeders: kid was up late, running around, they saw him wading but probably were just glad he was occupied, no swimming signs couldn't possibly mean them, etc.

Twatter just makes me angry. There are a fair number of tweets that say "no swimming doesn't mean no wading." Or "the signs were not sufficient to warn of alligator dangers." CNN quoted some Breeder wannabe who was there on his honeymoon who said, "I think the whole area is dangerous and should be fenced off."

Why don't we just fence in the parents and the kids and let the rest of us enjoy zoos and public places?
June 16, 2016
Again this:

Crocodilians such as the alligator are predators with ineffective teeth action -
they can bite prey to kill it but can't tear flesh or chew. Small enough prey are swallowed whole while for larger prey,
such as a deer, the carcass is cached underwater and left to rot (or "ripen") until it is easy to eat.

When they really want to catch the alligator, why don't they set some traps in the spot where the body was found?
The gator will have to come back for his Snax after some time...
June 16, 2016
What gets me is the fact that they are killing animals who are doing what they are meant to do and calling them dangerous predators that must be destroyed to keep people (breeders) safe. How many rapists, pedophiles and murderous, abusive "parents" are sitting in jail only to be let out to do it again in a few months? You can't teach a wild animal to ignore its instincts so why kill it for being wild and not the true animals that prey on the weak and understands what it's doing?

"It is better not to look like what you are; it is better to look like a bourgeois woman because then all the doors are open for you and then you can just go and make hell." - Marjane Satrapi
June 16, 2016
So make that resort an adults only resort. Problem solved.

From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
June 16, 2016
I feel that killing the gators is sorta like revenge. No one looks for the one specific shark that bit someone.
June 16, 2016
The water in the "lagoon" looks NASTY. I grew up 2 hrs from Disney, so I'm familiar with it. It's GROSS. I don't know who the fuck would wade in it. I sure as hell wouldn't, much less allow my kid to. Let's not forget that there snakes all over the place in Florida. Water moccasins, which are venomous. Their other brat was in a playpen. They could've put him in a playpen too. It's not rocket science.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What is a home without children? Quiet. ~Henny Youngman

I don't want people who want to dance, I want people who have to dance. ~George Balanchine

"I took the batteries out of my biological clock and put them in my vibrator"
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login