Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Addition to the fambly...the story rolls on

Posted by starlady 
Addition to the fambly...the story rolls on
June 18, 2016
Well, we just got a text from Nephew wanting the email address to send the BAYBEE SHOWER INVITES TO!!!

She isn't due for 4 months. Isn't this a bit early?

I can just imagine this email when I get it. It will be all cutesie and have the gift list. It will be a gift grab at it's finest.

Ofcouse dh keeps telling me 'be nice'

Crap!
Re: Addition to the fambly...the story rolls on
June 18, 2016
I just got the invite!

It's a girl and they've already named it. Isn't this a bit weird .. to 'officially' send out the name of your unsluced loaf 4 months before it's born?

The shower is in August. An invite for something that is TWO MONTHS AWAY?

You should see the Baybees R Us gift want list. OMG! My question is... where the hell are they going to put all that crap?

At least the shower isn't at they're house...and I think it's a surprise. (the invite is from her mother)

You can see who has responded to the invittation on line and most of the people who responded are not going for one reason or another. Well, you know what my response is going to be.
June 18, 2016
Why so early? So that way, there is time for ANOTHER shower.
June 18, 2016
starlady
You can see who has responded to the invittation on line and most of the people who responded are not going for one reason or another. Well, you know what my response is going to be.

Big 'no' and a king-size box of condoms via mail?
June 19, 2016
You can see the number of invites sent on the E-invite. They sent out 213 INVITATIONS!!! 213??? Talk about a 'gift grab'. Then the moo to be's mother wrote a little note that said 'If you can't come then you can send your gift to me and I will see that it gets to the shower.'

Boy... they are really pushin' it. We got them that dresser a few months ago. That's it... no more. Had to remind hubby that when we paid $110+ for that piece of crap dresser that he said I did not need to give them anything else. That was the deal... and I'm stickin' to it.
June 19, 2016
starlady
You can see the number of invites sent on the E-invite. They sent out 213 INVITATIONS!!! 213??? Talk about a 'gift grab'. Then the moo to be's mother wrote a little note that said 'If you can't come then you can send your gift to me and I will see that it gets to the shower.'

Boy... they are really pushin' it. We got them that dresser a few months ago. That's it... no more. Had to remind hubby that when we paid $110+ for that piece of crap dresser that he said I did not need to give them anything else. That was the deal... and I'm stickin' to it.

It really is too bad. I'd LOVE to see 213 people invited plus any +1 show up for the magicul event and all the chaos that ensues with such a huge shower party. Be a perfect Kodak moment!

Obviously to these folks an invite means a gift is mandatory eye rolling smiley
June 19, 2016
starlady
It's a girl and they've already named it. Isn't this a bit weird .. to 'officially' send out the name of your unsluced loaf 4 months before it's born?

The shower is in August. An invite for something that is TWO MONTHS AWAY?

They're doing you a favor! This way you have plenty of time to scrimp and save for the gift beforehand. You were planning to scrimp and save to buy at least 10 20 items on the registry, amIrighhtt?
June 19, 2016
I wrote a message on my 'no' reply. It said... "they already have our gift (the dresser we got for them from the second hand place) .. and I don't DO showers"

LOL That was my hubby's idea actually. He is really changing his tune about me 'embracing' this event.
June 19, 2016
I wasn't planning to by ANYTHING on their damn registry. I have my own house and life to think about.

Next thing they are going to want is a bigger house.
June 20, 2016
starlady

As Miss Manners says, "An invitation is not an invoice". I'd ignore the gift grab invitation.
June 20, 2016
starlady
I wasn't planning to by ANYTHING on their damn registry. I have my own house and life to think about.

Registries are within the realm of etiquette and good taste, technically speaking. Personally speaking, I can't stand them. I find them to be completely obnoxious and reeking of entitlement.

Some of the shit I see on them just makes me shake my head. I am not sure why people think I would buy expensive stuff for them when I wouldn't buy that same stuff for myself? the finger smiley
June 20, 2016
starlady

Maybe they just hope that you and your DH will pre-pay some cleaning service...
You know, parunthood is soooo haaaaard!
June 20, 2016
randomcfchick
starlady

Big 'no' and a king-size box of condoms via mail?
<----------hahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhaaaaaaaaaaa

two cents ΒΆΒΆ

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
June 20, 2016
starlady

Spending $110+ for a dresser is by no means a cheap gift. Think your gift is very generous!
June 20, 2016
Better with Planned Parenthood information on it, best with a big box of condoms inside!
June 23, 2016
OMG.. new 'gift beg' going on.

The 'new loaf' will need a new washer and dryer !!! Nephew and Harpatina are actually ASKING around for some 'kind' realitive who 'wuves' them to pony up for a new washer and dryer.

Her mother already bought them a fancy crib (couldn't get a used one or anything)

Her aunt already got them a fancy 'natal assault' vehicle (stroller)

We put out for a dresser for the room (at least it was second hand)

If ya can't afford the basics... then don't breed you idiots !!!!
June 23, 2016
Wow! That's a start and it will end 18 years later with begging for contributions
to college fund. confused smiley
June 23, 2016
Why wait 18 years? Start the GFM before the kyd is sluced.
June 23, 2016
Starlady, did you get a thank you note for that dresser? I bet you didn't.

I think it's hilarious that you can see all the people saying no to the email invite.

Asking for large household appliances in my opinion is the ultimate in tacky.

June 23, 2016
Nope.. no thank you note. Nephew thanked us in person when we delivered it but she never said thank you to either me or hubby.
Hubby asked me a couple weeks ago if she sent us an email or a note.. so he is now regretting even getting the thing for them.

We were up there that day to meet them for lunch about 1/2 way between their house and mine (an hour from their house) and we saw this dresser at a second hand furniture shop. So since hubby had his PU truck that day he offered to take it to their house for them. THEN he offered to pay for it ... telling ME that the dresser would be our gift and we didn't have to do anything else. So we drove an hour to their house... took the dresser in the house... and up the steps. We got home much later than we planned. The dogs were alone in the house for almost 12 hours and we've never left them that long. NO THANK YOU whatsoever.
June 23, 2016
starlady
Hubby asked me a couple weeks ago if she sent us an email or a note.. so he is now regretting even getting the thing for them.

I'd consider the cost worth it if your husband has changed his tune about supporting breeders, before the parasite is even born. Sometimes a demonstration is far more effective than an explanation.
June 23, 2016
yurble
starlady

I'd consider the cost worth it if your husband has changed his tune about supporting breeders, before the parasite is even born. Sometimes a demonstration is far more effective than an explanation.

You're right about that. Hubby is now seeing why I never liked the beotch.
June 23, 2016
yurble
starlady

This is right out of A Bronx Tale (or was it a Brooklyn Tale? I can't remember.)
Anyway, young kid in New York in the sixties is taken under the local mobster's wing and as a teenager, the mobster sees him yelling at some douche that screwed said kid out of 20 bucks.

The mobster gives him hell for making a fool of himself in public. And the kid says it's over 20 bucks and that he doesn't even like the guy.

The mobster replies with the fact that he got off cheap. It only cost him 20 bucks to realize the guy was a douche and now you don't need to deal with him ever again.

I've used this same analogy with so many things. I also had a toxic frenemy before I deleted her from my life, that managed to get about about a hundred dollars out of me in babby shower gifts and food. And man, she tried so hard, in the most passive agressive ways to get me to come around after she yelled at me, and I was having none of it. FTW, it's now ten years since the kdi was born, her and her DH are divorced, and HE got the kid. Yea. She was THAT FUCKED UP that the court awarded the Father custody. And now she's stroking the webs trying to get free charity cars or start Facebook Emotional Abuse Survivor support groups. Oh, how much fun the internet it to watch trainwrecks that you got off at the last stop go totally off the rails.

Click here to login