Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Homepathic killer parents blame EMS

Posted by thom_c 
Homepathic killer parents blame EMS
June 23, 2016
http://www.ems1.com/international/articles/101442048-Parents-treat-ill-son-with-maple-syrup-blame-EMS-for-death/

Because sitting on meningitis for two weeks is an equipment issue - morons.

Parents treat ill son with maple syrup, blame EMS for death
The parents claim crews did not have the proper equipment to save their son

By EMS1 Staff

LETHBRIDGE, Alberta — Two parents who refused to medically treat their seriously ill 19-month-old son claim first responders are responsible for the child’s death in 2012.

David, 32, and Collet Stephan, 35, treated their son Ezekiel with maple syrup over the span of two weeks for flu-like symptoms before he stopped breathing.

The toddler was later found to have meningitis, the Raw Story reported.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/06/couple-who-treated-ill-son-with-maple-syrup-not-medicine-blame-ambulance-workers-for-boys-death/

Although both parents were tried and convicted for “failing to provide necessities of life” for their son and will serve jail time, they insist that the ambulance crew is at fault.

According to David Stephan, the crew lacked the proper equipment in the ambulance to provide oxygen to the toddler after attempted CPR, although he didn’t specify which devices could have prevented the child from going eight minutes without oxygen. (8 minutes you willfully ignorant, granola munching, crunchy, anti vaxxing, hipster, stupid fuck)

rest at links

Is this an Amish community? I was reading about how some Amish eschew hospital-based burn treatment in favor of a folk remedy salve called B&W Ointment. Unfortunately many have died using this cream to treat third-degree burns when modern medicine could have saved their lives. You play doctor, and you and your kids get whatever you get!

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
Re: Homepathic killer parents blame EMS
June 23, 2016
Miss_Hannigan
Is this an Amish community? I was reading about how some Amish eschew hospital-based burn treatment in favor of a folk remedy salve called B&W Ointment. Unfortunately many have died using this cream to treat third-degree burns when modern medicine could have saved their lives. You play doctor, and you and your kids get whatever you get!

I just read an article from a credible source about the Amish and yes, they use the B&W stuff and other non traditional methods but they do have a relationship with modern medicine facilities in certain circumstances and are not litigious.

June 24, 2016
So if they didn't want medical treatment for their son, how did EMS get involved in the first place?

Or is this another case of "oh shit we were wrong quick make somebody else clean up our stupidity"?
June 24, 2016
kittehpeoples
So if they didn't want medical treatment for their son, how did EMS get involved in the first place?

Or is this another case of "oh shit we were wrong quick make somebody else clean up our stupidity"?

Called EMS when the kid coded. Not Amish, just granola munching anti vaxxer anti medicine special snauexphlakes

So they're the ones who actually killed their child, but yet they still want to blame the EMS.angry smiley
June 24, 2016
Yep! Of course parent think they shouldn't take the blame for doing this to their special little snewxflachke! How dare they get blamed for a bad parenting choice!!!

That poor kid suffered, I know this first hand as I have had a form of meningitis when I was about 12. These irresponsible breeders should be forcibly sterilized as part of their punishment as their ego's won't let them live with the fact that they are responsible for the death of their son for the rest of their life. That and it's 100% guaranteed that they will breed again.

Stupid moron's!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
They are having children for selfish and narcissistic reasons, or are simply irresponsible. Funny... Those are the terms often used to describe the CF

~Live, Laugh, Love~
June 25, 2016
thom_c
kittehpeoples

Called EMS when the kid coded. Not Amish, just granola munching anti vaxxer anti medicine special snauexphlakes

It amazes me how these anti-medicine nutballs change their tune when it comes down to the wire.

We knew a women who, for religious reasons, didn't "believe" in medicine. Cue breast cancer. She tried to cut out the tumor herself. Now what is the damn religious difference between cutting the thing out yourself (oh, spoiler alert, it didn't work) and having a doctor do it? eye rolling smiley
June 25, 2016
@kittehpeoples

She tried to remove it HERSELF?!

What was the plan there? How did she hope to stitch herself back together, or prevent herself from passing out at the amount of pain she would be in without anesthetics? What is wrong with people?

Lock him up or put him down.
Stolen from Shiny.
June 25, 2016
contemplativeintrovert
@kittehpeoples

What was the plan there? How did she hope to stitch herself back together, or prevent herself from passing out at the amount of pain she would be in without anesthetics? What is wrong with people?

Yup. As for your question as to how a crazy woman might try to absorb an insane amount of blood...you don't want the explanation that goes along with that. Anyway, to no one's surprise, she died, though I'm not sure if it was from the cancer or her butchering herself.

People are crazy.
June 25, 2016
kittehpeoples
contemplativeintrovert
@kittehpeoples

Yup. As for your question as to how a crazy woman might try to absorb an insane amount of blood...you don't want the explanation that goes along with that. Anyway, to no one's surprise, she died, though I'm not sure if it was from the cancer or her butchering herself.

People are crazy.

Upon reading that, I had to grab my boobs. HOW can ANYONE even think of trying to cut into something as sensitive as THAT?! I hate even doing the cancer check. Just....OW. People like that who think that doing something like to themselves (outside of a really big emergency) there is a screw loose. These are the kind of people who smile at you all the while in the background you hear the Joker cackling. They are flat out scary.

"It is better not to look like what you are; it is better to look like a bourgeois woman because then all the doors are open for you and then you can just go and make hell." - Marjane Satrapi
June 26, 2016
I actually remember reading a story once about a woman in the 19th century who didn't want her family to worry, so she went around Europe buying medical equipment and then removed a tumor from her breast. She lived several years after that. Sounded pretty hardcore, like being the only doctor an expedition and talking someone through removing your appendix.

Not something I would opt for if my life wasn't at stake.
June 26, 2016
yurble
I actually remember reading a story once about a woman in the 19th century who didn't want her family to worry, so she went around Europe buying medical equipment and then removed a tumor from her breast. She lived several years after that. Sounded pretty hardcore, like being the only doctor an expedition and talking someone through removing your appendix.

Leonid Rogozov

"...their son Ezekiel..."

Say no more. They're clearly religious nuts who live in a different reality than the rest of us. Hope they enjoy prison.
June 27, 2016
addiea raine
People like that who think that doing something like to themselves (outside of a really big emergency) there is a screw loose.

Well, it's someone whose religious beliefs tell them that medicine is evil, so...yeah. She started out with a screw loose.
June 27, 2016
thom_c
yurble

Leonid Rogozov

That's pretty fucking hardcore, thom. The last crazy Russian I read about on the wiki was Chikotilo, the supposed basis fir Cannibal Lecter IIRC.
June 29, 2016
some guy did attempt stomach surgery on himself. He got pretty far before the pain got the best of him and he went to the ER. Probably a loot of cases out there.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
June 29, 2016
I understand a doctor performing self-surgery because there's no one else to do it and s/he doesn't want to die. I even understand someone attempting self-surgery because they can't afford to go to a hospital. But people who claim that modern medicine is somehow evil but then turn around and attempt to perform their own surgery or prescribe their own "cures"-- those people are fucking hypocrites.
June 30, 2016
the noodler
The last crazy Russian I read about on the wiki was Chikotilo, the supposed basis fir Cannibal Lecter IIRC.

Hannibal is a mashup of him and Ed Gein, whose place was oh-so-stylishly decorated with lamps made of human skin (among other corpse arts & crafts). "It rubs the lotion on its skin" will never sound the same again.

As for these natcharal parents, let's see what happens when karma deals them a case of meningitis and all they have in their medicine cabinet is a gallon of maple syrup. But some part of me thinks all this crunchy homeopathic nonsense was an easy PNA cover.
July 03, 2016
Well of course they're blaming EMS for their kid dying. They couldn't very well potentially get off the hook and get a settlement if they accepted blame themselves. Obviously the kid was doin' juuuuust fine with the syrup until those pesky medical professionals with their stainless steel and fancy beeping machines came along and fucked it all up!

I also seriously doubt the ambulance lacked the proper equipment; from what I understand, even the most low-budget, backwoods ambulances are equipped with basic emergency tools like oxygen masks or those squeezy air bags that force air into the lungs, or supplies to deliver infants in case the crew is halfway to the ER and the loaf is halfway out of the mother (among other goodies). Not shit that's meant to save someone exactly, but stuff that will keep a person sort of stable until they reach the emergency room and can receive more in-depth treatment.

Duhhhh
"...and he wasn’t severely ill..."

He had pneumonia. That qualifies as a severe illness. I don't think there's anything wrong with pursuing alternative medicine, but you need to be able to understand when honey and ginkgo aren't doin' it and when it's time to go see a real doctor.

Duhhhh
“It’s a hard thing to try to communicate that to a 3-year-old and a 1-year-old, as to why mommy and daddy won’t be around anymore,”

Oh well, maybe you should've thought about that before you neglected your kid to death.

Duhhhh
“Our 8-year-old is already somewhat understanding of the issue and is already taking it quite badly.”

Yeah, the oldest kid probably realizes that Mommy and Daddy killed their little brother. Kids are stupid, but I think even a kid this age can comprehend the fact that, when Moo and Duh are in legal trouble for giving their sick toddler a breakfast topping instead of going to a hospital, Moo and Duh have done something very wrong. Here's hoping that whoever gets the kids has more than one single brain cell and will take better care of them.

Duhhhh
"...everything just came to a crash on an evening and we ended up in an ambulance that didn’t have the right equipment, and subsequently ended up braindead,”

Well, perhaps if you'd taken him to a doctor when he first got sick instead of waiting until he stopped breathing to care, he wouldn't have gone so long without oxygen and wouldn't have wound up a vegetable. Medicine can only do so much - what Moo and Duh are saying is that it's the paramedics' faults the kid died because they didn't have a time machine
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login