Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Physics experiment - "temperature equalization" - in Texas

Posted by mrs. chinaski 
Physics experiment - "temperature equalization" - in Texas
June 24, 2016
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/texas-baby-fridge-car_us_576afe6de4b0c0252e784b74

Texas Dad Put Baby In Fridge After Leaving Her In Hot Car, Killing Child: Police

A Texas man charged with causing the death of his six-month-old daughter
by leaving her in a hot car put the baby in a refrigerator after finding her in desperate
condition in the back of his vehicle, a document released on Wednesday said.

Michael Thedford, a 33-year-old, unemployed high school teacher,
was arrested in Collin County, outside of Dallas, on Tuesday.

According to a probable cause affidavit released on Wednesday, he dropped off his two other children,
ages 3 and 5, at daycare but forgot about his baby daughter in the back of the car.
He went into his home and fell asleep.

His wife was at work at the time of the incident, according to police.

Some four hours later he discovered his daughter strapped into her car safety seat.
He took her out, placed her in a refrigerator “for an undetermined amount of time,” and called 911, the affidavit said.

He later placed the infant on the kitchen floor and attempted CPR on the baby before emergency responders arrived, it said.

He said his daughter was stiff and “hot as a brick” when he found her in the vehicle, the affidavit said. The outdoor temperature at the time was about 90 degrees Fahrenheit (32°C).

One would think that a teacher knows better confused smiley
Re: Physics experiment - "temperature equalization" - in Texas
June 24, 2016
Well, he's a teacher in Texas. They apparently don't believe in science there.
June 24, 2016
kittehpeoples

Creationism. Abortions are ebil. The earth is 4000 years old and man cohabited with dinosaurs. Don't bother to try to reason with people who buy this nonsense. Oh yes, gawd told them to kill their miraculs for whatever reason....blah blah blah.

Don't plan your famblee because the big sky bully will take care of you. It is gawd's will. Have faith. Believe. Buy cheap crap from China. Consume. Reproduce. Go to church. Tithe.
How did he drop off two other kids at daycare, but forget that the infant is there? The other kids would've been in the backseat, too, so getting them out of the car would have required going to the backseat.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
June 24, 2016
freya
kittehpeoples

Creationism. Abortions are ebil. The earth is 4000 years old and man cohabited with dinosaurs. Don't bother to try to reason with people who buy this nonsense. Oh yes, gawd told them to kill their miraculs for whatever reason....blah blah blah.

Don't plan your famblee because the big sky bully will take care of you. It is gawd's will. Have faith. Believe. Buy cheap crap from China. Consume. Reproduce. Go to church. Tithe.

My mechanic is one of these 6000 year old earth believers. I love the guy and he's great with my wheels but the level of denial or really,belief, is scary. But it was beaten into him by his parents. These same parents, with their good book, damaged him emotionally and he's always seeking approval. Oddly, he's CF. Which is good. Because he's a little....touched.
June 25, 2016
This reminds me of an anecdote from 1960s, when cameras used film.
Supposedly, someone asked if the damaged (exposed to light film) could be saved by wrapping it and putting it in a dark closet for a day.
June 25, 2016
the noodler
freya
kittehpeoples

My mechanic is one of these 6000 year old earth believers. I love the guy and he's great with my wheels but the level of denial or really,belief, is scary. But it was beaten into him by his parents. These same parents, with their good book, damaged him emotionally and he's always seeking approval. Oddly, he's CF. Which is good. Because he's a little....touched.

This kind of bullshit is exactly why we were so amazed that Fox, of all networks, was willing to air the new Cosmos episodes. Neil deGrasse Tyson addressed the 6000 year old Earth ludicrousness specifically and explained very clearly why it's impossible. And you know there are still people who heard that explanation and are sure it's just wrong.

Teaching your kids shit like that should be considered child abuse.
freya
kittehpeoples

You really shouldn't generalize like that. You can believe in creationism, and also abortions. Statements like the ones you posted are really grating. Kind of like how if an older person said something to the same effect about childfree people "Childfreedom. Not having kids is evil. They are selfish and whorish. All they want to do is fuck all the time without having to deal with kids." See? Obviously, those things aren't true, but it would still be annoying to hear them.

In regards to the article, I.call BS. The guy didn't really believe refrigerating the loaf would help, he was either going for an insanity plea, or he was hoping to create the illusion that he gave a damn, so he could get off because he suffered enough. No one would really believe that putting a baked loaf in the fridge could bring it back. By that logic, putting a drowned loaf in a dessert will bring it back, and putting a starved loaf in a pantry will bring it back.

Lock him up or put him down.
Stolen from Shiny.
June 27, 2016
contemplativeintrovert
You really shouldn't generalize like that. You can believe in creationism, and also abortions. Statements like the ones you posted are really grating.

Well to be fair, having a belief in a 6000-year-old Earth and an anti-abortion stance are very common pairings, like chocolate and peanut butter in a Reese's cup

contemplativeintrovert
By that logic, putting a drowned loaf in a dessert will bring it back, and putting a starved loaf in a pantry will bring it back.

I bet there's a lot of people who think this way. Hopefully they're several states away from where I'm living.

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
June 27, 2016
I call it evidence tampering. He put the kid in the fridge to try to alter core body temp so he could get away with it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
Miss_Hannigan
Well to be fair, having a belief in a 6000-year-old Earth and an anti-abortion stance are very common pairings, like chocolate and peanut butter in a Reese's cup.

I bet there's a lot of people who think this way. Hopefully they're several states away from where I'm living.[/quote]

I guess it is true that the idiots are the majority in the world. I just don't get where this idea comes from, that these particular creationists believe you either believe in creation or abortion.

Also, sorry for the typo. "Dessert" was supposed to be desert. I was hungry when I wrote that, it was a Freudian slip

Lock him up or put him down.
Stolen from Shiny.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login