Advanced

A warning label about causing climate change

Posted by freya 
A warning label about causing climate change
July 22, 2016
Re: A warning label about causing climate change
July 22, 2016
That's an idea! Oh and condoms too!

Honestly most breeders would probably watch the world burn, just so they could have the chance to spawn.

Also they should ban disposable diapers too. Imagine how a lot of waste would be reduced there.
July 23, 2016
It wouldn't matter. They all believe it's going to be their own spayshul sneuxflayke that will cure cancer, reverse climate change, and end world hunger.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
July 23, 2016
squigglysquid

Honestly most breeders would probably watch the world burn, just so they could have the chance to spawn.

Also they should ban disposable diapers too. Imagine how a lot of waste would be reduced there.

Except the trade-off would be breeders using a metric fuckton of water and harsh chemicals to wash the cloth diapers.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
July 23, 2016
paragon schnitzophonic
squigglysquid

Except the trade-off would be breeders using a metric fuckton of water and harsh chemicals to wash the cloth diapers.

Got me there. Unfortunately there's no perfect solution to this except to stop breeding. Like that'll ever happen. Sigh.
July 23, 2016
squigglysquid

Got me there. Unfortunately there's no perfect solution to this except to stop breeding. Like that'll ever happen. Sigh.

Here's the kicker... the only way to slow climate change, long-term, is to reduce the population. No combination of solar, wind, biodiesel, ethanol, etc., will allow us to live the lifestyles that we're currently living. The alternative is a return to the lifestyles of the pre-fossil fuel folks of the 18th century. And that's not going to happen.

Petrochemials are a blessing and a curse, for all of us. And the vast majority of people don't give a shit if the earth is going to be 1 degree warmer 100 years from now.
July 23, 2016
StudioFiftyFour
squigglysquid

Here's the kicker... the only way to slow climate change, long-term, is to reduce the population. No combination of solar, wind, biodiesel, ethanol, etc., will allow us to live the lifestyles that we're currently living. The alternative is a return to the lifestyles of the pre-fossil fuel folks of the 18th century. And that's not going to happen.

Petrochemials are a blessing and a curse, for all of us. And the vast majority of people don't give a shit if the earth is going to be 1 degree warmer 100 years from now.

I know, it really busts my balls. It's gonna be more than 1 degree too. But you know global warming is just a myth . *eye roll* Most of the global population doesn't want to do shit to fix anything. Breeders sure as fuck don't care about the other creatures we share this rock with. It baffles me that most people don't want to adopt. You still get to raise a kid, what's the difference if it doesn't come out of your vagina? It's a win win. The people get to raise a kid and a hopeless kid gets a home, and a new human isn't added to the mix, everyone gets what they want.

Unless the government steps in, no one is going to do anything about it, not enough people anyway. Some countries are even trying to raise the population and sell the idea that women are useless unless they crap out a kid.

What is up with this cult-like obsession with motherhood? Honestly it scares me a little. I personally believe it's very selfish to have a kid, especially with the world in the state that it is.

If only we could have something like a less severe form of the genophage from mass effect.

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Genophage
July 23, 2016
squigglysquid

Disposable diapers are actually a good thing in places where water is scarce. Better to add to a landfill than to use water to wash diapers in such a location (like where I'm living, in southern Arizona).

Of course I agree with you that the real solution is to radically cut back on breeding, but I fear that's out of the question.
July 23, 2016
squigglysquid

What is up with this cult-like obsession with motherhood?

It keeps women in their place and leaves the power positions open only to men. That's why moohood is sold as the most fulfilling and important thing a woman can do.
July 23, 2016
squigglysquid
StudioFiftyFour
I know, it really busts my balls. It's gonna be more than 1 degree too. But you know global warming is just a myth . *eye roll* Most of the global population doesn't want to do shit to fix anything. Breeders sure as fuck don't care about the other creatures we share this rock with. It baffles me that most people don't want to adopt. You still get to raise a kid, what's the difference if it doesn't come out of your vagina? It's a win win. The people get to raise a kid and a hopeless kid gets a home, and a new human isn't added to the mix, everyone gets what they want.

Because they're narcissistic. They love themselves so much that they only want a kid if it has THEIR DNA in it. This is idiocy because, not only is their perceived value much higher than their actual value, in 100 years we will all be dead anyway, and their genetic "legacy" will be diluted with 100 years of other people's DNA.
People have actually admitted this. My SIL said she couldn't adopt because it wouldn't be her "real child." I guess I should go back to an orphanage then, since I'm not a "real" member of the family. *eyeroll*. People like my SIL make me homicidal, but I digress. There you have it, straight from the bitch's mouth*

*No offense to canine bitches

Lock him up or put him down.
Stolen from Shiny.
July 23, 2016
squigglysquid

Unless the government steps in, no one is going to do anything about it, not enough people anyway. Some countries are even trying to raise the population and sell the idea that women are useless unless they crap out a kid.

What is up with this cult-like obsession with motherhood? Honestly it scares me a little. I personally believe it's very selfish to have a kid, especially with the world in the state that it is.

If only we could have something like a less severe form of the genophage from mass effect.

Besides raising taxes, what exactly can "government" do about it?

People aren't going to revert back to an 18th Century lifestyle. In fact, even if the entire global population agreed to doing so, we wouldn't be able to farm enough food for the 7 billion people on the planet right now. Ergo, population reduction is the only way to mitigate global warming.

If given the choice between a) returning to an 18th Century lifestyle and possibly mitigating global temperatures 100 years down the line... -OR-..... b) continuing on with a 21st century lifestyle of automobiles, airplanes, antibiotics, etc. etc., I'd venture to say that 99.9+% of the population would choose the latter.

By the way, this is in no way a criticism of you, squigglysquid. I just want to point out that many people think that the answer to global warming is putting up a solar panel and driving a Prius, and that's just not true.
July 23, 2016
I want to see this label on baby products too, with 2 of the labels on Pampers which are the most environment-damaging product ever invented. Also, every museum, botanical garden, park, any place that educates about the environment should have a basket of free condoms. We as individuals can start now, by:

1. NEVER go to a baby shower.
2. NEVER, Ever, tell a pregnant woman "congratulations".

Hey, lets start a list of things we can do to negatively discourage breeding!
July 23, 2016
StudioFiftyFour
squigglysquid

Besides raising taxes, what exactly can "government" do about it?

People aren't going to revert back to an 18th Century lifestyle. In fact, even if the entire global population agreed to doing so, we wouldn't be able to farm enough food for the 7 billion people on the planet right now. Ergo, population reduction is the only way to mitigate global warming.

If given the choice between a) returning to an 18th Century lifestyle and possibly mitigating global temperatures 100 years down the line... -OR-..... b) continuing on with a 21st century lifestyle of automobiles, airplanes, antibiotics, etc. etc., I'd venture to say that 99.9+% of the population would choose the latter.

By the way, this is in no way a criticism of you, squigglysquid. I just want to point out that many people think that the answer to global warming is putting up a solar panel and driving a Prius, and that's just not true.

It's a plus to have solar panels and more efficient vehicles, and you are absolutely right about its not enough. I think it's all people really know what to do because many humans are so far removed from reality.

What I meant by the government stepping in is to put a ban on births/ limiting couples to one child and if they broke up and got with someone else tough luck they already had their one. And if someone tries to pull a fast one and say oops, its an abortion covered by gov, thats heavily encouraged. Have all birth control, easier sterilization, and sex ed free and readily available. What I think would actually help would seem way too radical to the average joe or maybe even you guys. And if that was implemented, there would be riots and all that other crap.
July 23, 2016
mr. neptune
I want to see this label on baby products too, with 2 of the labels on Pampers which are the most environment-damaging product ever invented. Also, every museum, botanical garden, park, any place that educates about the environment should have a basket of free condoms. We as individuals can start now, by:

Well I have point 1 and 2 already covered. I send condoms to whoever sends a baby shower invitation along with a card that said "so you don't make the same mistake twice." So far I've only done it 3 times, all of them to relatives.
July 23, 2016
contemplativeintrovert
squigglysquid
StudioFiftyFour

Because they're narcissistic. They love themselves so much that they only want a kid if it has THEIR DNA in it. This is idiocy because, not only is their perceived value much higher than their actual value, in 100 years we will all be dead anyway, and their genetic "legacy" will be diluted with 100 years of other people's DNA.
People have actually admitted this. My SIL said she couldn't adopt because it wouldn't be her "real child." I guess I should go back to an orphanage then, since I'm not a "real" member of the family. *eyeroll*. People like my SIL make me homicidal, but I digress. There you have it, straight from the bitch's mouth*

*No offense to canine bitches

It would have been a real struggle to not throat punch that cunt. It's sickening that it has to have their DNA to feel like their real kid. I wish people like that would be sterile. And yet they say the CF are immature and selfish.
July 23, 2016
squigglysquid

It's a plus to have solar panels and more efficient vehicles, and you are absolutely right about its not enough. I think it's all people really know what to do because many humans are so far removed from reality.

What I meant by the government stepping in is to put a ban on births/ limiting couples to one child and if they broke up and got with someone else tough luck they already had their one. And if someone tries to pull a fast one and say oops, its an abortion covered by gov, thats heavily encouraged. Have all birth control, easier sterilization, and sex ed free and readily available. What I think would actually help would seem way too radical to the average joe or maybe even you guys. And if that was implemented, there would be riots and all that other crap.

Interesting points. While I'm all in favor of easier sterilization, birth control, and sex ed, I'd stop short of government-sponsored draconian population control. I have little faith that government could do this effectively or in a method that wasn't prone to favoritism and corruption.

And I do not fault anyone who chooses to drive a fuel efficient vehicle or uses energy from alternative sources. What I am stating is that alternative energies will not be nearly enough, as you mentioned, to replace petroleum based fuels and petrochemicals. None of the "solutions"--be it wind, solar, biodiesel, whatever... none of them will scale up to our current (and projected future) energy usage.

Everyone in polite society wants to talk about how to run a car off of biodiesel, for example. What they are failing to realize is the amount of petrochemicals required to grow all of those biodiesel crops. It's a losing proposition, altogether. What no one in polite society wants to talk about is population growth, and how we are far beyond the earth's carrying capacity. It's the elephant in the room.
July 23, 2016
mr. neptune

As much as I'd like to just flat out state that the overwhelming majority of adults think having kids suck (and most lie about it) I think that it may pay off to be more subtle....here are some more subtle ideas that may indirectly get the point across.

3. If around children ask them if they have every seen a baybee do anything other than pee, puke, crap and cry. Act as it you aren't sure if they do anything else. Maybe they'll think twice about having one (or more).
4. Encourage anyone (who wants to) to share her positive experience of having an abortion.
5. If in the company of a woman considering an abortion offer her as much support as possible. You may be the only one who does this for her.
6. Share birthing/after birthing horror stories with older kids or young adults so they understand the reality of childrearing.
7. Encourage anyone of near or at child birthing age to babysit as much as possible.
8. Encourage a young wanna-be moo/duh to obtain the degree in education they are considering so they can be around kids all the time.
9. Encourage a young wanna-be moo/duh teenager to seek a job at a daycare.
10. If you are around kids of relatives who have adults who have already started brainwashing them about having kids then play some of those Nanny (Nanny 911?) shows for them. Take them to McDonalds at the most obnoxious time of day (if you can stomach it).
11. Always make comments to impressionable wanna-breeders about the high divorce rate, the lack of a life, the insane costs, the constant cleaning, etc. that the breeders you know have to contend with. Layer on the horror stories as thick as possible. You're "in awe" that they have such terrible lives without actually stating they are terrible.
12. Talk about birth control failure nightmares to women who are open to having kids. Maybe you can convince them to get an IUD or shot instead of taking the pill. This will greatly prevent any accidents.
13. If you're a man talk to men about how women have repeatedly tried to oops you and encourage them to use condoms. Maybe throw in some horror stories.
14. If you're a woman talk to men about how many women have admitted to you they oopsed a man. Encourage condoms.
15. If you're around the kids of relatives, smile often and talk about how wonderful your life is without actually stating it is wonderful. Think the word is humble-brag. If you're in a good relationship then talk about how wonderful your significant other is. This will be especially affective if their parents are miserable and/or divorced. Ask the kids how many of their friends parents are divorced. This will also make the relatives look moronic if they try to tell the kids that you are miserable because you don't have kids.
July 25, 2016
As far as population goes, one question I can't help but wonder is, why are humans so fertile? Most animals make young only every so often (even ones with monthly heats) and even they seem to delay having more until the new ones are gone.Why are people able to poop out babies in amounts that few animals with singleton pregnancies could barely even hope to achieve?
July 25, 2016
nightfire
As far as population goes, one question I can't help but wonder is, why are humans so fertile? Most animals make young only every so often (even ones with monthly heats) and even they seem to delay having more until the new ones are gone.Why are people able to poop out babies in amounts that few animals with singleton pregnancies could barely even hope to achieve?

Maybe it is combination of tens of thousands of years of evolution. We used to live until our mid-20's at best. Most babies died while still an infant. Disease or starvation killed more people. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if there isn't a critical balance in the very near future then there will be a bunch of viruses that will kill massive amounts of people. It is becoming more and more difficult to go anywhere inhabitable and not be around other people and viruses could take advantage of this. I'm not within the medical community but I've heard there is lots of risk for viruses which there are no antibiotics for, due to antibiotic usage polluting the water system and so forth. I usually have to be 1600 ft. up a remote mountain to be isolated. Or on some dirt road. Or perhaps a water shortage will cause mass die off....
July 25, 2016
freya

Maybe it is combination of tens of thousands of years of evolution. We used to live until our mid-20's at best. Most babies died while still an infant. Disease or starvation killed more people. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if there isn't a critical balance in the very near future then there will be a bunch of viruses that will kill massive amounts of people. It is becoming more and more difficult to go anywhere inhabitable and not be around other people and viruses could take advantage of this. I'm not within the medical community but I've heard there is lots of risk for viruses which there are no antibiotics for, due to antibiotic usage polluting the water system and so forth. I usually have to be 1600 ft. up a remote mountain to be isolated. Or on some dirt road. Or perhaps a water shortage will cause mass die off....

These scenarios you mention are a distinct possibility.

As an aside, the potential for social disorder as a result of a pandemic, is real. Imagine a situation where you've got a pandemic and not enough antibiotics to go around. Scary. eye popping smiley
July 26, 2016
Shockingly, no antibiotics will wipe out ANY virus, and it's not because they are "...polluting the water system."

Umm...eye rolling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login