Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Newborn loaf’s smell is as addictive as drugs or food: study

Posted by freya 
Newborn loaf’s smell is as addictive as drugs or food: study
July 24, 2016
breeder-pleaser author
And for new moms, the reward centre responded so strongly there was a marked statistical difference compared to the group of women who hadn’t had their maternal instincts kick in yet.

"Kick in yet." Because it is only a matter of time before they do, of course.

“You have this new person, this little thing in your home that’s crying all the time but it’s such a beautiful thing, every parent will tell you. And why is that? It’s partly because of these activations here,” Frasnelli told Global News.

That actually makes sense. Anyone whose brain chemistry hasn't been addled knows how horrible that little thing in your home crying all the time is. But breeders can't think clearly. Their brains are screwed up.
Mother nature has to drug is so we don't kill our own offspring. XD
squigglysquid

Pretty much, yeah.
Re: Newborn loaf’s smell is as addictive as drugs or food: study
July 24, 2016
The article points out that men were excluded from the study. Interesting...maybe daddies don't "bond" through smell in the same way that moomies do? And babies always smell like baby powder or baby shampoo, assuming they're clean. So it's doubtful that women in the study were smelling the babies' natural scent.

Or maybe the researchers just had a confirmation bias going into the study, i.e. "New moomies love everything about babies!" This kind of "research" is partly why many people think social science is a joke.

It takes a child to raze a village.
July 24, 2016

Yup. I've heard that the release of feel-good hormones is a defense mechanism for the loaf because, otherwise, women would take this loud creature that just caused them all that pain and throw it down the nearest cliff. Yeah, being a mommy is so wonderful that we need a built-in biological defensive response to keep us from murdering our offspring, either immediately after birth or in the weeks following it. And sometimes, it's not enough.

And babies always smell like baby powder or baby shampoo, assuming they're clean. So it's doubtful that women in the study were smelling the babies' natural scent.

I've personally never met a baby that actually smelled like that. Most of them smell like a mixture of various bodily fluids: shit, piss, puke, sour milk and wet sickness (anyone who has ever been near a kid who is no older than, say, four, knows precisely what I mean by this term). I actually really like the smell of baby powder, but I have never in my life found a loaf that smelled like it.

The article points out that men were excluded from the study. Interesting...maybe daddies don't "bond" through smell in the same way that moomies do? ... So it's doubtful that women in the study were smelling the babies' natural scent.

I think it's probably because the mothers are typically the ones who spend the most time with the kids, so they're the ones more likely to make up this emotional bullshit about baby scent. Most people would likely question the motives of a man who inhales and enjoys the smell of a child, even if it's his own. Also, I think it's worth noting that almost all instances of shaken baby syndrome are caused by fathers (usually younger ones going through fatherhood for the first time). I think it's probably harder for guys to bond with the creature that ruined their partners' vaginas, will be sucking her tits and will commandeer all the attention from then on, effectively replacing the men as #1 on their partners' priority lists. That's a tough pill to swallow when Duh was there first and had to actually work for Moo's affections. Meanwhile, the loaf just gets pushed out of her vagina and immediately gets all the love and affection without even having to do anything other than exist.

No life choice is worth it when it's so bad that it causes an exclusive form of depression. I don't care how good it allegedly smells.
July 25, 2016
Cambion

And babies always smell like baby powder or baby shampoo, assuming they're clean. So it's doubtful that women in the study were smelling the babies' natural scent.

I've personally never met a baby that actually smelled like that. Most of them smell like a mixture of various bodily fluids: shit, piss, puke, sour milk and wet sickness (anyone who has ever been near a kid who is no older than, say, four, knows precisely what I mean by

I've never met a childfree person who can smell that new baby smell, or who thinks that new babies smell good. I hypothesize that it's a symptom of the fact that our brains are wired differently.
July 25, 2016
Yeah, I've never smelled it and I hear time and time again about "new baby smell" and I just don't have a clue what it smells like to people who can/do smell it and think it smells so good. I just smell like sour milk/vomit smell or maybe baby powder and lotion. We must be switched off to it.
July 25, 2016
Doesn't baby powder/talc cause ovarian cancer? And if so, why are they still using it on babies?
July 26, 2016
Personally... puppy breath does more for me than any human baybee. They just STINK!!
skyeyes
Cambion

I've personally never met a baby that actually smelled like that. Most of them smell like a mixture of various bodily fluids: shit, piss, puke, sour milk and wet sickness (anyone who has ever been near a kid who is no older than, say, four, knows precisely what I mean by

I've never met a childfree person who can smell that new baby smell, or who thinks that new babies smell good. I hypothesize that it's a symptom of the fact that our brains are wired differently.

I can't either. They always smell sour from spitting up all the time, and that's if they're in a clean diaper at the moment. It's not babies that smell good--it's all the relaxing scents of the products used on them that smell good. If I want that I can just huff a bottle of shampoo. Loaves usually ruin that smell in no time after a bath.

We were clearly not born with the magical moomie smell-radar that comes from an oxytocin overdose.
July 31, 2016
You ever go to the zoo and get a good whiff of something funky? Like excrement, hay and Pine-Sol? That's what nurseries smell like to me.

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
July 31, 2016
Having had way too may aunts who thought it was giggly and hilarious to make me sniff their babies when I was around 13, I tried to pin them down on what exactly was I supposed to be smelling.

What they smell comes also from my own skin or my husband's. Any human really, but the smell is strongest after being in the sun and/or wind. Weathering natural skin oils (which probably shouldn't be happening to delicate little snookums loaf) makes a scent on humans that I have heard pet lovers go crazy about when it is the smell of puppy toes, dog ears, kitty toes even. I like the smell, but on critters I know they've been stepping in litter boxes too!

I like the smell on both my own and my husband's skin. I do NOT smell it at all from the top of a baby's head. But I got my aunts to agree that is what they are smelling. But it is not mature adult human oxidizing in the sun, it is much fainter, and they swear they can tell the difference, as in they think they can detect the lack of grown people hormones.
Which really makes it extra creepy because they moan about the delicious smell of incredibly immature humans as if they are sexually aroused.
August 01, 2016
Presto
Having had way too may aunts who thought it was giggly and hilarious to make me sniff their babies when I was around 13, I tried to pin them down on what exactly was I supposed to be smelling.

What they smell comes also from my own skin or my husband's. Any human really, but the smell is strongest after being in the sun and/or wind. Weathering natural skin oils (which probably shouldn't be happening to delicate little snookums loaf) makes a scent on humans that I have heard pet lovers go crazy about when it is the smell of puppy toes, dog ears, kitty toes even. I like the smell, but on critters I know they've been stepping in litter boxes too!

I like the smell on both my own and my husband's skin. I do NOT smell it at all from the top of a baby's head. But I got my aunts to agree that is what they are smelling. But it is not mature adult human oxidizing in the sun, it is much fainter, and they swear they can tell the difference, as in they think they can detect the lack of grown people hormones.
Which really makes it extra creepy because they moan about the delicious smell of incredibly immature humans as if they are sexually aroused.

According to my elder sister (died '99) my niece smelled like baked bread.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
August 04, 2016
Agree. Puppy breathe is the best! grinning smiley
August 04, 2016
starlady
Personally... puppy breath does more for me than any human baybee. They just STINK!!

I agree...Puppy breathe is the best! grinning smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login