Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Semi-local kid broils in car

Posted by Cambion 
Semi-local kid broils in car
July 24, 2016
From Williamsport, Pennsyltucky. My comments are in red.
http://wreg.com/2016/07/23/pennsylvania-girl-4-dies-after-being-left-in-hot-car-for-hours/

WILLIAMSPORT, Pa. -- A 4-year-old girl is dead after she was left in a hot car in Williamsport, Pennsylvania, on a day when the temperature was expected to hit the low 90s, according to police.

Williamsport officials told WNEP the woman who takes care of the girl usually drops the child off at daycare in the morning. But on Friday, instead of dropping the girl off, she apparently went straight to work. What was the reason for going directly to work, then? What's the excuse here? I wonder if the babysitter also parked anywhere differently that day, like in a less-occupied area or someplace without a lot of vehicle or foot traffic. Also, if she's the kid's sitter, WHY was she going to work if she was expected to babysit? Why was a sitter even necessary if the kid was going to daycare? What are the parents doing that they need a sitter AND daycare for their child? When she came out at the end of the day, she found the girl unconscious in the car, officials said. Well no shit. Anyone would be unconscious (at best) if they were in a hot car for several hours.

The girl was in the back seat of the car for most of the day, authorities believe. Probably strapped into a car seat so she couldn't get smart and climb out of the car. Four is most likely old enough to know how to open a door, even if by accident from just playing with things.

According to Williamsport police, the woman did not come out to the car until around 3:30 p.m.

Emergency crews tried to revive the child who was taken to an area hospital where she died.

Neighbors say they saw emergency crews arrive, but didn't know why they had the street blocked off.

"And with today's heat, it’s horrible, horrible, makes me want to cry, Makes me think of my kids, you know, that would never happen but," said Bert Briggs of Williamsport.

"I know she is sad and torn, you know, because she lost a loved one because she left the baby in the car. I mean, damn, wow," said Lonnie Brooks of Williamsport. Well, that "baby" must not have been all that important if it could be so easily "forgotten" in the backseat when it normally gets dropped off to daycare every single morning.

The temperature in Williamsport reached 97 degrees Friday.

An autopsy is scheduled for Saturday. According to another article, the autopsy didn't turn up a definite cause of death.

With the vague excuse given, there's no doubt in my mind that this was a PNA. This is a slightly different case because it wasn't the parents who roasted the kid - it was the babysitter. This person might actually get charged because I think only the parents can pull the Suffered EnoughTM card. Makes me wonder why the sitter would kill the kid, though. Were the parents in on this and asked the babysitter to do it so they wouldn't possibly get blamed? Maybe they paid her to do it?
Re: Semi-local kid broils in car
July 24, 2016
Interesting. So she wasn't the parent? She'll be put behind bars so fast it'll make your head spin. Only parents are allowed to kill their own kids without having to serve any jail time.

ETA: The thought that maybe the parents were in on it crossed my mind as well, Cambion.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login