Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

moo enlightens us on what were missing

Posted by ladybug2203 
moo enlightens us on what were missing
July 24, 2016
http://www.renegademothering.com/2013/06/11/public-service-announcement-to-the-childless-people-wondering-why-were-such-losers/

While I commend her for getting out the door to see her child free friends, she wrote in great detail what it took to get out the fucking door, no thank u!!!!!!!!
Re: moo enlightens us on what were missing
July 24, 2016
I don't get where she thinks CF people want to be more important than her kids in her life. I think she might be making this up or projecting what she wants to see so she can write another martyr post.

I WANT my friends who have kids to spend the MAX amount of time with their kids, so that the kids learn how to be a half way decent human. Also I want them to be watching their kids 24/7 because I don't want another animal murdered cuz some stupid moo "only looked away for a second". And I don't want some child to die a horrific death because the Moo can't be arsed to remember she has a innocent kid in her SMOOOV.

When my boyfriend and I have other couple friends who have kids, we don't ever ask them out anymore. We will go to b day parties at their house or maybe bring a pizza over to their place for a quick dinner, but that's it. We never would bother them with asking them out again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"If you can't feed your baby, then don't have a baby. And don't think maybe, if you can't feed your baby."
- The wisdom of the late Michael Jackson
"The mother of the year should be a sterilized woman with two adopted children." - Paul Ehrlich
July 24, 2016
Love this! Hope some fence-sitters read it and take it literally and decide to not breed. thumbs up
July 25, 2016
I laugh only because my friends with kids could have written this. I have witnessed it firsthand and that is about as honest as it gets.

Not my life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
July 25, 2016
navi8orgirl
I laugh only because my friends with kids could have written this. I have witnessed it firsthand and that is about as honest as it gets.

Not my life.

I thought it was written more as an exaggeration. Yikes.
I guess maybe some people enjoy this or other hectic paces of life. I do not.
July 26, 2016
And yet, if they stopped inviting her, she'd be whining about losing friends.

Dear Martyr Moos, we invite our childed friends out because we like them and want to spend time with them. Some appreciate some time away from the kids and conversations that are NOT about diapers and vomit (yes, parents like that DO exist - pretty much every mother in my family has a good social life and their kids are still loved and taken care of , believe it or not). If you'd rather stay home and experience the adventure of doting around your teething baby, nobody's holding a gun to your head. Just don't complain about losing touch with your friends. Friendship is a two-way street.

You want your friends to rub your udders and plan every single get-together around your loaves, yet you tell them that they're being unreasonable because they expect themselves to be more important to you than your kids. Guess what - they don't. They are not the ones who expect their friendships to continue flourishing even after one of the parties is not invested in it. Do everyone a favor and just stay home with your loaves if that's the case, or pick friends of the mombie kind, I bet they'll have playdates and exchange diaper tips with you.

I don't have low self-esteem. That's a mistake. I have low esteem for everyone else.
-Daria

July 26, 2016
Unfortunately, sometimes even when the kids grow out of the loaf stage and are old enough to stay at home alone for a couple of hours, their mothers still want to drag them everywhere. I've mentioned my friend before whose son is 11 and she still brings him when she wants to hang out with her friends (we're all in our 30s). So instead of this kid playing with kids his own age, he's hanging out with people 3x his age and bored. I last met my friend for coffee a couple of weeks ago and of course she brought her kid and he brought his laptop to play games while we talked. I found that to be rather unfair for him.

After her immediate family moved out of the state, she never bothered finding a community of other mothers with kids of a similar age or viable babysitters and instead opts to drag him along to adult get-togethers and wine tastings and the sort. If she's not hanging out with us, she's only out with her kid. She has nothing to talk about that isn't about her kid because she doesn't do anything without him. I don't know if it's a reaction to the fact that the father dipped out as soon as she told him she was pregnant (she let him essentially have a "paper abortion") and so she wants to make sure this person that she created won't develop independence and leave her or something. She wants to date again, but she can't because she refuses to leave her kid at home (and she lives in a house with two other adults. Now, adult roommates should never be considered as live-in babysitters, but the female roommate is the landlord, essentially, and knew her state as a single mom when she interviewed for the room, so I'm sure she had the expectation of being at least asked every now and then to watch the kid).

These women who refuse to leave their kids at home and allow themselves to be a person outside of being a parent only hurt themselves in the long run. Dragging the kids everywhere doesn't prevent them from growing up to be hopefully independent adults to have their own lives away from their mothers. And when the kids do leave the nest, these women have been left behind by their friends and now have to do the legwork in either reestablishing former friendships or pursuing new ones. A difficult feat because they're the ones used to sitting back and expecting the friends to do all the work to keep the friendship going.

I don't know; I've entered my 30s and I've realized the importance of cultivating friendships with other childfree people. I'm not averse to being friends with parents, but they need to be able to be a person outside of being a parent and not drag their kids to adult activities like brunch or wine tastings.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
July 30, 2016
There's nothing worse than having a sprog tagging along on girl's night out, and it's happened to me several times. Basically this woman who brings her daughter is a friend of a friend and the only breeder in our group. You can't talk about anything interesting or adult-oriented and the kid naturally vies to be the center of attention. I've taken to "accidentally" dropping a few words like cumstain and douchebag in her presence, hoping moo will take the hint.

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
July 30, 2016
Miss_Hannigan
There's nothing worse than having a sprog tagging along on girl's night out, and it's happened to me several times. Basically this woman who brings her daughter is a friend of a friend and the only breeder in our group. You can't talk about anything interesting or adult-oriented and the kid naturally vies to be the center of attention. I've taken to "accidentally" dropping a few words like cumstain and douchebag in her presence, hoping moo will take the hint.

Next time put in the planning "Chipindales" or whatever the nearest male review is.

Miss_Hannigan

What does the stupid moo not understand about a girl's night out? You have to make her uncomfortable (accidentally works!) else she'll think it is acceptable to everyone and keep toting the kid along.
August 02, 2016
paragon schnitzophonic
Dragging the kids everywhere doesn't prevent them from growing up to be hopefully independent adults to have their own lives away from their mothers.

If anything, they're likely to run away from Clingy Moo as soon as they're old enough and financially able to move.

I don't have low self-esteem. That's a mistake. I have low esteem for everyone else.
-Daria
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login