Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Duh, didn't want kids due to stress

Posted by cfdavep 
Duh, didn't want kids due to stress
July 26, 2016
https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/carolyn-hax-wife-feels-like-shes-forever-paying-a-marital-debt/2016/07/24/558ba02e-502c-11e6-aa14-e0c1087f7583_story.html

Duh "compromised" even though he didn't want kids as he does not have the temperment to put up with high stress situations, of course, as we have heard for the billionth time had them anyway. At least the Hax writer admitted kids aren't for everyone.

He agreed to one, they "ended up" with two and moo wanted three
Re: Duh, didn't want kids due to stress
July 26, 2016
https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/carolyn-hax-wife-feels-like-shes-forever-paying-a-marital-debt/2016/07/24/558ba02e-502c-11e6-aa14-e0c1087f7583_story.html

Actually I think part of the story is from this other article. I am getting them mixed up as there is so many dumbass breeders out there, it is hard to keep track
July 26, 2016
She could have thought more of the future kid's well-being than her desire to have kids RIGHT NOW and asked her husband the pertinent questions before sluicing or while dating. As it is, most likely the kids will end up fatherless or with a dad that is removed and doesn't care. Either way, two selfish parents who care more about themselves than the kids. Nice going, moo. There isn't any gray room or compromise with living creatures. It is either disaster-prone unilateral decisioning or agreement. And I get the impression he is the main/sole breadwinner based on the decisions he is making.

And now.....reality is setting in!
July 27, 2016
Moo
My husband agreed to have children even though he didn’t really want them.

Well, that's where he done fucked up. Moo pressured him to the point of insanity, but instead of leaving her ass and ending what is obviously an incompatible relationship, he decided to just go along with it to shut her up. Seriously, why do men do this instead of leaving? Is the pussy that good?

Moo
He did not make any conditions, and I would not have granted any.

The Moo sounds like a right cunt. Duh didn't lay down any ground rules, but even if he had, Moo would have refused to follow them anyway. What the hell kind of a relationship is this? So Moo gets to unilaterally decide that they're having kids and that Duh will have no say in any part of anything.

Moo
Now he thinks he should get priority in making every other family decision. Where we live. How often we move. How much we spend.

That's probably because he's working to pay for these kids he never wanted while Moo is sittin' on her ass at home doing fuck-all. He probably has to figure out how to make this whole bullshit situation work by hustling the family around to places they can afford and what they can afford to spend. Or maybe he's just doing it to fuck with Moo to get back at her.

Answer
If you and he can cooperate to the extent necessary, then I think counseling with a skilled and reputable therapist is the best way to do that.

Unless, of course, you are able to say this to him in a way he’s willing to hear: Yes, he gave you something monumental when he agreed to have children. However, the monumental thing is not a thing, but two people with needs that trump your needs and his.

They couldn't even agree on having kids, and if you need therapy to learn to deal with your own kids, then I think it's going to be in everyone's best interests if the parents split up. Trust me, parents who don't want their kids only thinly veil their resentment at best, and kids aren't so dumb that they can't pick up on that resentment. Duh never wanted the kids and he probably doesn't give a shit about them, and he probably also hates his wife for "making" him give her kids, so of course number one on his priority list is himself.

I blame both the parents in this situation for making their own misery: Moo for pressuring the guy into knocking her up (and she'll still keep it up because she wants another one), and Duh for just giving in to his bitchy wife instead of leaving her so she could find a wanna-breeder guy. And yeah, the parents' bullshit is going to affect the kids a lot. Moving around constantly means the kids will wind up making friends only to lose them. Moo and Duh are most likely hostile toward one another and the kids will pick up on it, and most likely blame themselves for their parents' sad excuse for a marriage. It's a perfectly dysfunctional, unstable home. I hope Duh at least has the sense to quit fucking his wife; he didn't seem to learn his lesson the first time around.

Fucking retards. Why do people put more thought into what they want for dinner than they do having kids?
July 27, 2016
These people sound like idiots. Dud didn't have the stones to tell Wifey no when he didn't want kyds. Moo couldn't think of anything except her own needs. Any thinking person should realize if you have to badger your spouse to be a parent, you may win the manipulative battle but you and the kids will lose the war.

Moo is quite upset that Dud wants to call the shots and move so he can have "pleasure" in his job. Frankly, if he's the sole wage earner, and if he's supporting the whole family, (she admits the moves have been for the family's good) I think he should have some latitude. If he's going to be slaving until he's 60, he should enjoy what he does.

They deserve each other, but the kids always pay the price.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login