Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Whirlpool pats themselves on the back..

Posted by mr. neptune 
Whirlpool pats themselves on the back..
August 12, 2016
Because they did a wonderful thing and donated washers and dryers to poor schools because kids miss school because they don't have clean clothes! If couples cannot afford a washer and dryer shortly after they are married, (can't they ask for one at the "shower"?) why are they having kids!?!confused smiley I mean, the cost of birth control is not much and you can get an Amana set at Home Depot for less than a $1000 but now I guess our schools are supposed to do something mother is supposed to do? Well, I guess laundry is another thing modern parents don't have to do anymore.

scarymommy.com/whirlpool-care-counts-improves-attendance-in-schools
Re: Whirlpool pats themselves on the back..
August 12, 2016
A used washer and dryer can be purchased for $150 as I just discovered on Craigslist. Cheaper than a laundromat as long as you have the room and hook ups for the set. If parunts can't afford $150 for a washer/dryer than they have no business at all having kidz. One of the great things about the laundromat is that it sucks so bad you realize you'd rather work 70 hours a week so you have better options than spending 4 or more hours around the absolute freaks who are always hanging out there. And they know you are a captive audience. Unless you want a born again Christian to follow you around and witness to you for 4 hours. Or enjoy following the guy who just washed grease out of his clothing and it is pretty much embedded in the only available washer or dryer. Or changing out the hot-ass dryer lint from the stranger who just grabbed their clothing out of the only available dryer. Or the single mahm who just claimed 8 of the available wash machines and brought her scream fest 6 kids with her.

Planned Parenthood offers birth control on a sliding scale according to income and anyone with kidz who supposedly can't even afford to keep their clothing clean would definitely qualify. I wouldn't be surprised if Medicaid also covers birth control costs.

Who in the school does the laundry? And what incentive is there for the parunts to be parunts if they're getting their laundry done for them? What is next because this is a very slippery slope.... Sure, they pretend to be satisfied for about 10 minutes but we all know it is impossible to keep parunts satisfied and one freebie leads to another. Weekly food baskets the kidz bring home so the parunts don't have to supply food because otherwise they won't show up at school? Or shower/bath facilities because parunts can't be expected to provide places to bath? Can we expect schools to eventually provide beds for kidz whose parunts don't provide any kind of bedroom or bed? And once the schools provide everything the parunts in all their quality alone time and boredom will soon have another mirakul on the way.

This t-shirt says it all
August 12, 2016
I think that this is a chance for Whirlpool to say "look at what a wonderful company we are because we care about the kids". But somehow, it will not "inspire" these parents to buy their washer and dryer. I'm sure Whirlpool gets a tax deduction for this but meanwhile, who pays? People who legitimately buy their products with actual money.

I do like some of the comments, though:

Hey Whirlpool, since your hometown is Benton Harbor, Mi, where poverty reigns...maybe your next donation could be to their schools?

Although I commend Whirlpool in helping, I've been living with a stinky mildew rubber washer & a dryer where the door doesn't stay shut & whirlpool has done NOTHING!!!!!! Do you think Whirlpool is obligated to give a free washer to everyone who wants one? ?!?!?!?

Meanwhile, why doesn't the school board buy some basic washers and dryers? Oh, no, that would cut into the football budgeteye popping smiley
August 12, 2016
It depends what you would classify as dirty clothes. I would wash clothes when they smell and or stained. Yes, I know it's gross due to sweat and shedding skin cells. I change clothes daily because wearing the same thing makes it smell quicker than if you were to air it out in between wearings.

When I was a kid, everything I owned was one wear only and in the wash it went. Even when our washing machine broke, my mom bought a portable handwasher until we could buy a new one. We air dried our clothing because it saves a lot on the electric bill.

As a last desperate measure, they should use perfume.

TL;DR There is no excuse having your brats run around in dirty clothes. Wash by hand and line dry if you have to.
August 12, 2016
freya
. Weekly food baskets the kidz bring home so the parunts don't have to supply food because otherwise they won't show up at school?

This t-shirt says it all

That actually isn't far off. The radio station I listen to is having their annual "fill a backpack with food for the CHHHYLDREN" drive :eyeroll and a lot of the moos at my high school wanted the free school food extended to include a meal to take home, in addition to the free breakfast and lunch. This just proves parents today don't give a damn about their kids. If you can only afford a kid by forcing it to eat what the school system calls food, you can't afford a kid.

Eta I second the hand wash post. If you don't have time to even do that you don't have time to raise kids.

Lock him up or put him down.
Stolen from Shiny.
August 12, 2016
I was driving behind the city bus yesterday morning and the "free lunch" program in upstate NY was being advertised on the back of the bus. It has been extended from schools to public parks and libraries.
August 12, 2016
So you hand wash the clothes in the sink or bathtub.
August 12, 2016
No way would I wash student clothing at school. That shit is NOT in my job contract! I'm there to teach, not to do laundry!

More than likely they'd force the paras to do it, as those people have clauses in their contract that allow for crap duties when called for.

Who will be supplying the laundry soap and water for the machines? Will teachers be obligated to buy laundry soap now?

How long before teachers start bringing in their laundry and doing it free of charge with the school machines?

This is just one big FAIL. thumbs down
August 12, 2016
At this point, maybe the day school model should be abolished or just left for those who can afford to feed and clothe their kids. Build a large central public boarding school for K-12 in each county and all the kids go there where they'll get three meals and their clothes laundered (and everyone wears a uniform) and a safe place to sleep. That way, the teachers can be teachers because there's specific staff to feed and clean these kids. Not to mention that if these kids are removed from homes where they still aren't getting fed despite WIC and don't get to have clean clothes (both of which should be classified as neglect), maybe they'll have a chance and not repeat the poverty cycle.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
August 13, 2016
blondie

That's what I did when I was in college. Got some nasty blisters from it, but it worked. I feel sorry for the kids whose parents aren't taking care of them, but I have zero sympathy for anyone who says they can't do laundry because they don't own a washer. Bullshit.
August 13, 2016
I've done an awful lot of sink washing in my time. Get one of those drying racks, put it on a balcony, patio, bathtub..whatever. Wash out a few things each evening and hang them up. What the heck do you think people did before they had washing machines?? My mother didn't have a washer for about 6 months one time.. and I never went to school in dirty clothes. She either drove to my grandmother's house to wash (about 40 miles) or she washed things in the sink and hung them up. People are just in it for the handouts lately and have forgotten how to 'take care of themselves.

I always remember the time...in a blizzard... when the power went out in a neighborhood closer to the city here. One woman was interviewed on the news after power had been out about 24 hours. Now.. remember.. there's over 2 feet of snow on the ground and temps are in the 20's. She said.. "I have a refrigerator full of food just going bad because no power"

WHAT? Have you ever heard of putting bins or something out in a snowbank and putting food in there?

Another woman was in her home wrapped in a parka and complaining how they were all freezing...and she was standing in front of a big brick fireplace. The reporter asked her if she could maybe make a fire. The woman turned and looked... "well, I supposed we COULD but it gets so dirty to clean"

Oh I fear for our future........... When people cant figure out the snow will keep things cold and fire will keep you warm... we got trouble.
August 13, 2016
I'm actualy glad Whirlpool is advertising their sprog school charity work, because I will make damn sure I will never buy any of their appliances. I don't see Bosch contributing to nonsense like this.

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
August 13, 2016
I have a whirlpool fridge... and it's the biggest PITA fridge I ever had. (something to do with ice forming in the bottom of the freezer that I have to chip out twice a month) Already got rid of one whirlpoole dishwasher that only lasted 4 years. You can bet I won't buy anymore of their crap.
August 13, 2016
Miss_Hannigan
I'm actualy glad Whirlpool is advertising their sprog school charity work, because I will make damn sure I will never buy any of their appliances. I don't see Bosch contributing to nonsense like this.

I know what you mean, this nonsense from Whirlpool is enough to make me go to Best Buy and buy a Frigidaire even though their products are pretty crappy too.

A lot of the responses are thank you for doing this; I say thank you Whirlpool for the smelly front-load washers, top load washers that don't clean, dishwashers that have their expensive circuit boards fail, refrigerators that die when full of food, and Aqua-Scam self cleaning that leaves the oven a greasy mess. Because they don't care about people who buy their appliances with their own money.
August 14, 2016
If attendance increased by over 90% in the first year then less than 10% were going to school in clean clothes every day prior to this Whirlpool heart warming publicity stunt. If 90%+ of the kidz stink from dirty clothing then how would they notice? I fail to see how these students feel like outsiders. If anything the 10% with clean clothes would feel like outsiders.

Most kidz seem to be slobs to me and are often in dirty clothes because they can't stay out of filth, dirt and grime. When I was a kid there was always kids walking around in koolaid stained shirts or dirty. And they wipe their dirty hands and snotty noses on their shirts. Or they play in the mud or rain or are clumsy enough to fall down on the dirty ground. It is the rare kid who is known as excessively neat. Mostly the parunts have to follow the kidz around obsessively to keep them clean and only do that on special occasions.

If 1 in 5 kidz don't have clean clothing then maybe all those pro-jokers need to put their money where their mouth is and start adopting baybeez they insist to be born and not aborted.

Lastly, I would think keeping kidz in clothing that fit them would be a much more legitimate and expensive concern than keeping the clothes clean. Especially since kidz are always outgrowing their clothing. But that doesn't make for a good racket for Whirlpool.
August 20, 2016
kittehpeoples
blondie

That's what I did when I was in college. Got some nasty blisters from it, but it worked. I feel sorry for the kids whose parents aren't taking care of them, but I have zero sympathy for anyone who says they can't do laundry because they don't own a washer. Bullshit.

When I didn't have access to a washer, I used what looked like a toilet plunger and a bucket. That plunger washed a LOT of clothes back in the day. Nowadays, I've three roommates, but a washing machine + dryer.

Breathing Mobile Washer - Handheld, portable, non-electric, mobile, manual clothes washing machine. Handle Included.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
August 27, 2016
Breakfast and lunch provided at school. Washing machines provided at school. At this point, wouldn't it be cheaper to have a massive orphanage?
August 27, 2016
Computers and internet at school....nurses at school....councilors for talking out every little life experience...security...metal detectors... full staff of county baybee sitters (teachers) .. just add dinner and a bed and.... just move the kids out of the house. Can we say 'BOARDING SCHOOL?'
September 23, 2016
Tonight on ABCnews a teacher in St. Louis was considered "hero of the week" as she asked Whirlpool to install free washers in the school where she works. She said she noticed that kids were just not coming to school and when she investigated it turns out that some of them didn't have clean clothes. One kid admitted they had a fully functioning washer and dryer. but they kinda don't work when the electric bill hasn't been paid for months. 30 schools are getting free washers and dryer with hundreds more schools requesting them.
September 23, 2016
I get schools needing washer/dryers because kids are messy, gross, and at elementary school age, not in complete control of their bodily functions. But the fact that these kids' clothes aren't getting washed at home due to their parents not doing the basic fucking tenements of parenting is ridiculous. These kids aren't getting fed at home, so the schools have to make sure they're getting fed even when school is not in session. These kids don't have clean clothes, so the schools have to beg a company to donate appliances in order to do so. This is neglect, so why is CPS not getting involved and if these kids have to be removed, so be it. The state is already paying for them.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login