Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New Addition.....continues... The Gift Grab

Posted by starlady 
Re: New Addition.....continues... The Gift Grab
August 24, 2016
Hah, they're laying low out of embarrassment. Just about no one wanted to deal with their gift grab. Two weeks of silence AND no FB activity about it makes me think they got some blow-back.

Beautiful.
August 25, 2016
Nephew called dh yesterday and left a message...but dh didn't feel like calling him back. LOL It was just a 'generic' message "hope you're okay...call me when you get a chance" So I guess there's now 'emergency' or anything. Guess dh will call him back sometime today..as he is off work. Currently he's out fishin'.

Will post what I know when I know it. wink
August 25, 2016
Yep, sounds like inviting 200+ people multiple times, not even trying to hide that they view everybody as an ATM, and clearly expecting a windfall of baby crap resulted in...nothing. If any of the 9 people showed up, they bought diapers, baby clothes, and some stuffed animals. No major furniture, no suburban assault vehicle strollers, nothing worthy of making a big Facebook photo brag post (and you know these attention whores would have posted a myriad of photos detailing all the gifts they got).

It's an ice-cold splash of reality that nobody really cares that they're having a baby and that they're on their own. If nobody can even be arsed to show up to a baby shower, there's no free babysitting or money lending in their future.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
August 25, 2016
I do have a feeling that his mother and sister sent something 'big' from down south... and his grandmother probably sent money (all she knows how to do in cases like this... probably no more than $50) Maybe a few from her immediate family up where they live ponied up a gift or two. The rest probably came from work associates who did the one-sies...bibs...teething rings and crap.

I gotta remind dh to call nephew later. I am thinking abour re-friending just the nephew so I can get a bit more info on my own. I wanna know what happened too.
August 25, 2016
Okay... friend request sent to nephew. Will NOT friend her as maybe that will send the message that I REALLY do not like that girl. (never did) At least being 'friends' with nephew (and he won't find it suspicious) I will be able to get more info.. maybe pictures (oy-vey) .. as loaf launching time approaches.
August 25, 2016
why? Want to see the train wreck first hand? hahaha!
August 25, 2016
I wonder what you did give her then. For example, if it were me, and being a guy I will never go to a "shower" but if I did send a gift, not only would it be condoms, but also Mr. Clean, Comet, bleach, scrubbing bubbles, soap, shampoo, all the stuff they should be buying if they have to have kids, but then breeders would shun me forever.
August 25, 2016
The only thing I'm concerned about friending the nephew is that Harpatina will still be able to read it your page that is just by looking on his if it's open. Tread very carefully here srarlady. Avoid drama. Or at least report drama back here!
August 25, 2016
Nothing questionable on my page. Not many friends and most of my posts go over in a private group. I mostly have news feeds. All personal talk with friends is done PM. I never wanted to be on FB anyway and am only there because of that group of personal friends from the org. I belong to. I'm safe. We'll see how it goes. He could even reject the friend request...but since he's got about 800 or so friends...I guess he pretty much allows anybody.
August 27, 2016
Can you imagine the state of their home now all cluttered up with more baby crap?
Okay I'll admit it. I'm jonesing for an update.
August 27, 2016
Well, he never accepted my friend request, Dh never called him back and nephew never called back either. They are in their own little world up there. I suppose we'll hear something soon though.

Yes.. I was thinking about the condition of the house too. I bet they brought in all the baybee stuff and just dropped it in the livingroom. They seem to do that a lot. Just bring it in and drop it.... on top of what was already dropped there. May have to sign them up for an episode of hoarders one day.. lol

Last time I was there they had open bags of food on the kitchen counter... and the counters looked filthy. I wasnt' upstairs that day but my hubby said it had a musty odor...probably from the old window AC in the future loaf's room.

Oh what a mess.

Guess I should pester the dh to call the nephew. Dh knows I share everything with you guys.
August 28, 2016
starlady

Guess I should pester the dh to call the nephew. Dh knows I share everything with you guys.

Waiting with baited breath...

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
August 28, 2016
I love whoever in another thread suggested a leash as a baby gift. It's passive-agressive mindfuckery and I plan to give one next time I get an unwanted shower invitation (that would be all of them).

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
August 28, 2016
Miss_Hannigan
I love whoever in another thread suggested a leash as a baby gift. It's passive-agressive mindfuckery and I plan to give one next time I get an unwanted shower invitation (that would be all of them).

That was me who suggested it. May be ordering one for the upcoming loaf.
August 28, 2016
starlady
Miss_Hannigan

That was me who suggested it. May be ordering one for the upcoming loaf.

Oh please do so.... but wait until the loaf's first ridiculous over-the-top birthday party and don't go.... just send it. Maybe will get a laugh from one of the nine guests out of 200 evites that sees it when she opens it. Make sure you wrap it reallllllly fancy too so she is sure to do a splashy everybody look at ME opening.
August 29, 2016
include a harness with that....

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
August 29, 2016
Ofcourse there's a harness with it. LOL Perhaps I should include a studded collar and a nice little doggie dish. (oh I am being bad now)

Still ... nephew has not returned phone call.
August 29, 2016
starlady
Ofcourse there's a harness with it. LOL Perhaps I should include a studded collar and a nice little doggie dish. (oh I am being bad now)

I thought it was the rare parent who leashed. Boy, wuz I wrong eye popping smiley
August 29, 2016
Dorisan
starlady

I thought it was the rare parent who leashed. Boy, wuz I wrong eye popping smiley

Leash. Perfect. Not only to keep their future insane psychopathic toddler under control, but also because both parents now are wearing their own invisible leashes...tied down by their kid. And each other.
August 30, 2016
I really think the leashes are a great idea, no sarcasm intended. As I said elsewhere, I leash my cats when I take them out, because I love them and I don't want them lost or hurt. I would hope that parents would have at least that much love and respect for their sprogs.
August 30, 2016
My mother used leashes on us when shopping in 1940/50s. My sister used them in 1980/90s.
August 30, 2016
Dorisan
starlady

I love the man down ones. Actually, all of them are hilarious! Thanks for sharing thumbs up
September 03, 2016
For those waiting....... still no word from the nephew. Dh used to get calls from him...or call him at least once a week. Usually they'd discuss current events or my nephew wanting to improve his muscle tone for playing hockey (yeah.. that'll soon have to take a back seat) Now... nothing. I'll bet that nephew was trying to butter us up before the 'gift grab'. Now that it's over and no gift showed up from us.... silence. (remember we DID give them something AND we delivered it)

(wrote a whole paragraph here ...venting... but I guess I uses a 'bad' word so it wouldn't post. Could not figure out what word it was...so... I deleted it. But it was good..LOL)

Okay... that vent is over. Still waiting for more news. Gotta have some soon as loaf launching is now only 6 weeks away.
September 03, 2016
Just adding this: I have no problem with leashing kids. Honestly, I wish more parents did it. Tiny kids are FAST and don't give a fuck about anyone's safety, their own included.

My own earlier comment was more an observation about the other layer of symbolism...people being tied down by parenthood.
September 03, 2016
A prime example of how sprogs can get away. Yesterday I was looking out my window and spotted neighbor and her 3-4 yo. Kid was playing in the driveway.. moo turned to go into garage for all of 30 seconds (f that long)... kid suddenly decided to run across the lawn and on to the neighbor's flower bed to get dirt for whatever trucks he was playing with. I am talking a distance of about 100 feet. Little rug rats can MOVE!

Heh.. at least she's finally trained him not to run straight for the street. (which he used to do) Luckly we are on a very quiet street.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login