Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A deadly lesson, or crusading moos who should have known better

Posted by Christhead 
A deadly lesson, or crusading moos who should have known better
August 25, 2016
I saw this article about some mom whose kid died in a quarry and she wanted to "raised awareness" of the dangers of swimming in quarries. If only this woman had listened to the countless moms before her whose children died the same way. Ignoring the fact that it should be common sense to not let your kid jump or swim in a quarry, she's had plenty of oppostunities to learn the same "deadly lesson" from the string of neglectful parents who came before her. And she won't be the last one. I'm sure next summer or maybe before this summer is up, some mouthbreather is going to drown and their mother will be wailing about the dangers of quarries to whoever will listen. Which is apparently not that many people, if this shit keeps happening.

It's like parents who "forget" their kids in the backseat and end up with a baked-to-a-crisp loaf, warning of the dangers of leaving your kid in a hot car, as if they were the first to ever make this totally avoidable "mistake."
I think of it as Darwin in action. Stupid is as stupid does and if they haven't figured it out by now...well a few less idiots to spread the stupid gene

"It is better not to look like what you are; it is better to look like a bourgeois woman because then all the doors are open for you and then you can just go and make hell." - Marjane Satrapi
Re: A deadly lesson, or crusading moos who should have known better
August 26, 2016
I say fuck awareness campaigns (the ones that aren't aimed at disease). The way I see it, when you tell people to beware of one dangerous thing, they'll go kill themselves with some other dangerous thing... or kill themselves with the first dangerous thing and their families will bitch that there wasn't enough awareness of the dangers of (thing). And it's ALWAYS Moos who are trying to raise awareness about the stupid shit their brain-dead kids off themselves with - things that sane people with more than two brain cells to rub together would never even think of using to endanger themselves.

How about instead of fighting for awareness of something "dangerous" after the fact, you just become more aware of what your kid is doing so they don't die? I know that's a lot to ask of the modern bizzy mawm
August 26, 2016
There are many abandoned mine pit lakes in my area. Some have swimming areas without lifeguards, others have high cliffs for jumping, boat ramps for launching a watercraft, and stocked with fish by the state DNR.

A town in the area banned cliff jumping more than a month ago, then an adult dies cliff jumping a couple weeks later. eye rolling smiley LMAO! People were very angry on faecesbook about the city ordinance ban. Some were saying teenie boppers would turn to drugs and alcohol if they can't cliff dive. I would only dive in the deep end of a swimming pool and never from a cliff with water of an unknown depth and substrate. I've been to that lake. There are many giant boulders along with many long tree branch logs all submerged. I think it's very dangerous to cliff jump from even though the water is a very crystal clear aquamarine color; viability only goes so far down from the surface.

Whenever I swim in a lake disregarding the designated swim area, I always wear my life vest even though I'm a pretty good swimmer. A lake is a very different environment compared to a warm, no current swimming pool. And always wear your water shoes.
Soon kids of any age are either a.) going to be walking around in public with their moomies by their side, holding their hand, to look out for dangers for them. or b.) Kids again of any age, aren't going to be allowed outside at all because they are going to be too stupid to do anything themselves. Their stupid breeder Haus Kaus wouldn't want anything to happen to their pwecious so they keep them at home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
They are having children for selfish and narcissistic reasons, or are simply irresponsible. Funny... Those are the terms often used to describe the CF

~Live, Laugh, Love~
August 26, 2016
Cambion
I say fuck awareness campaigns (the ones that aren't aimed at disease). The way I see it, when you tell people to beware of one dangerous thing, they'll go kill themselves with some other dangerous thing... or kill themselves with the first dangerous thing and their families will bitch that there wasn't enough awareness of the dangers of (thing). And it's ALWAYS Moos who are trying to raise awareness about the stupid shit their brain-dead kids off themselves with - things that sane people with more than two brain cells to rub together would never even think of using to endanger themselves.

This. When I was a teenager I lived about 30 minutes away from abandoned chat piles. When we first moved to the area my parents told me to stay away from chat piles and gave me a variety of reasons/dangers to do so the main one being lead and zinc poisoning. I stayed away so much that I don't even know what the piles look until I drove by them 6 years later from a safe distance. I was one of very few teens who was known as weird because I wasn't indulging in any risky behavior. My junior year some sophomore gal ended up with serious permanent brain damage after a serious accident on the chat piles. No awareness was raised, it is called playing with fire girly. No big moo sympathy or awareness campaign, other than from people who knew her and felt bad that she was injured.

For such a small school there were a high incidence of teens doing stupid things that either resulted in death or in another person's death or in serious brain damage. There is no telling how many of those now adults are suffering from lead or zinc poisoning and potentially passed it to any kidz.
Freya,

You wouldn't have happened to live near Picher, Oklahoma did you?
I watched a documentary, I think it was on Netflix, where they talked about the community and how it was abandoned and how people got sick from the chat piles. The effects ranged from sickness to cancer as well as permanent brain damage, it depends on the amount of exposure to the chat piles and the dust that used to get blown all over town.

Geez I wish I could remember the name of that show now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
They are having children for selfish and narcissistic reasons, or are simply irresponsible. Funny... Those are the terms often used to describe the CF

~Live, Laugh, Love~
August 27, 2016
Yesterday while on the lake, my life vest saved my life. This is a second time a life vest saved my life. I'm not going on a life jacket awareness crusade because I'm a huge Darwinism fangirl.
August 27, 2016
I'm going to start an Awareness Campaign for Apathy. Ill sell gray wristbands that say:

"Embrace Apathy. Or not. Whatever."
August 28, 2016
the noodler
I'm going to start an Awareness Campaign for Apathy. Ill sell gray wristbands that say:

Maybe I'll get one.

winking smiley
August 28, 2016
kittehpeoples
the noodler

Maybe I'll get one.

winking smiley

Cure for apathy

thom_c
kittehpeoples
the noodler

Maybe I'll get one.

winking smiley

Cure for apathy

Re: Wristband
Not likely that I could be bothered to get one.
August 28, 2016
creativelycf
Freya,

You wouldn't have happened to live near Picher, Oklahoma did you?
I watched a documentary, I think it was on Netflix, where they talked about the community and how it was abandoned and how people got sick from the chat piles. The effects ranged from sickness to cancer as well as permanent brain damage, it depends on the amount of exposure to the chat piles and the dust that used to get blown all over town.

Geez I wish I could remember the name of that show now.

That was the location creativelycf. Think the documentary is Tar Creek or a similar name. I also saw it on Netflix awhile ago but haven't been able to locate it. It was well-known to be dangerous and declared so by the government long before I lived there.

Lots of people from the area had miners in their family, or knew of miners there who suffered illness from working in the mines. Think that was mostly up until the 1960's or 1970's.
the noodler

I would buy that shirt!
August 29, 2016
https://www.msha.gov/sosa

The MIne Safety and Health Administration has been talking about the dangers for years. Where have these people been??

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
@Freya I will have to take another look on netflix and see if it's still there.. then again it could have just been a show on eerie abandoned places.

If the kids grow up stoopid than they are going to be stoopidly offing themselves. Yep, Darwinism at it's finest. I think that the population could use a little thinning out. .. every CF man and woman that decides not to breed, the real stupid ones offing themselves and many others that should take themselves out of the gene pool. A swim in such pool these days and who knows what you will come out with!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Live, Laugh, Love~
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login