Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Yet another moo and duh fail to prepare

Posted by freya 
Yet another moo and duh fail to prepare
August 28, 2016
Planes, vomit and butt hurt moos and duhs

The only people I feel bad for are the passengers who had to smell the vomit and the baybee for having stupid parunts.

Another case of parunts failing to prepare then blaming the airline for the fall out. I would guess that they are always cut some slack due to sluicing or whatever. If they would have followed regulations set by the airline for carry-ons this would have been 100% avoidable. I fly business with a large corporation and the airlines often don't charge me baggage fees and sometimes have separate agents for faster check in but none of this is an entitlement or something I exploit, it is a pleasant perk when it happens and I always express my gratitude to the airline staff.

Any time I fly I'm always shocked by the number of people who show up with carry on bags that obviously don't meet the airline size requirement. And I don't mean their bags are too small. I see people hauling full size suitcases through the airport as carry-ons. I'm often at the end of the line of people boarding and it is typically the majority that don't respect the airline size regulations for a carry-on. And the people at the end of the line are always told that they may have to check in their carry-ons due to the irresponsible rude behavior of the people from earlier in the flight.

Anytime I fly I always pack an extra outfit in my carry-on in case my bag doesn't arrive on time, along with any basics I need in if separated from my luggage for any reason. For total flying time over 18 hours the extra outfit is necessary. Airlines post their carry-on baggage requirements on their websites, so anyone motivated enough can go to all potential airline carriers and note their carry on limitations then buy or use carry on cases which meet the requirements of the airlines. Then it will never be an issue for them.

And these idiots fly with a known projectile vomit machine and fail to prepare properly? If the moo has half a brain she'd never leave home without a spare shirt or two for herself in the diaper bag. Christ, if I wear white I always throw an extra shirt in my car because there is a healthy likelihood I'll stain the shirt.

IMO they deserved it for failing to prepare for a 6+ hour flight. And seriously, trying to convince the airline that shouldn't have to pay a fee for their oversized bag? These parunts are total douche bags. I'm glad this made news, maybe some of the idiots who refuse to follow airline guidelines for their carry-ons will start to take the regulations more seriously.
Re: Yet another moo and duh fail to prepare
August 29, 2016
Airplanes are not suitable environments for toddlers to begin with. I am already giving these people side-eye for taking one on a plane.

Not taking extra clothes on your carry-on? Rookie move.

Shirtless dude might be tacky, but if it resulted in the wife having a clean shirt so I don't have to smell it, I might put up with it.

I generally pack some very basic clean clothes in my carry-on, along with snacks, a book, and headphones/mp3 player of some sort. These two are adults, and I'm betting this isn't their first trip.
August 30, 2016
Babies and toadlers spit up all the time. Why didn't Moo have a blanket? I wouldn't hold one of them on my shoulder (well I wouldn't anyway) for any length of time without a spit up blanket.

Just reading that article made me want to vomit. Smelly vomit, poop, and you have a screamer on top of it? So not worth it.
August 30, 2016
This was probably not the first time the kid graced them with the contents of her stomach, so they should have been prepared. I always take some fresh clothes with me in the carry-on bag in case my luggage gets displaced. And KIDS HAVE NO PLACE ON PLANES. Even when they don't vomit, they scream. Even when they don't scream, you can't be sure they never will, it just adds unnecessary stress to traveling.
August 30, 2016
Of course everyone is saying that Alaska was where they booked not American.

Hmm. I got caught like this; flew Continental back in 2002 which had a 70 pound limit on bags. Unfortunately, I came back on a partner, Northwest, which had a limit of 50. Yes I had to either pay extra for an overweight bag or shift some shit around.

I am a much wiser flyer today. When I book a flight, say on Delta, I look at the detailed site, usually a hyperlink. This will tell you type of aircraft, whether it is a partner airline, lots of good information. Then you can check with the partner, and see if rules are different. I checked prices on Delta for an upcoming vacay, and the flight was 488. BUt it was on a partner airline and on their site, the same flight was 330.

It behooves many to do due diligence. But that takes extra thought, like packing an extra shirt.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
August 30, 2016
navi8orgirl
Of course everyone is saying that Alaska was where they booked not American.

Hmm. I got caught like this; flew Continental back in 2002 which had a 70 pound limit on bags. Unfortunately, I came back on a partner, Northwest, which had a limit of 50. Yes I had to either pay extra for an overweight bag or shift some shit around.

I am a much wiser flyer today. When I book a flight, say on Delta, I look at the detailed site, usually a hyperlink. This will tell you type of aircraft, whether it is a partner airline, lots of good information. Then you can check with the partner, and see if rules are different. I checked prices on Delta for an upcoming vacay, and the flight was 488. BUt it was on a partner airline and on their site, the same flight was 330.

It behooves many to do due diligence. But that takes extra thought, like packing an extra shirt.

navi8orgirl:
You certainly do seem to know where your towel's at. winking smiley
August 30, 2016
Airplanes are NOT the best place to be for babies, toddlers, and young children.

Never have, never will be.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login