Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

LEGO baby, complete with ultrasound, pro-lifers rejoice

Posted by Miss_Hannigan 
LEGO baby, complete with ultrasound, pro-lifers rejoice
August 28, 2016
We all know that girl-specific toys promote breeding, but now LEGO has stepped into the fray with the first LEGO bebbeh.

"In an announcement for a new baby minifigure this week, the toy company created a life-affirming graphic depicting a LEGO “baby in the womb.” The company made the graphic look like a birth announcement coupled with a “photo” of the toy baby on an ultrasound screen. The hazy gray ultrasound “photo” shows the smiling “baby,” its size and estimated birth date.

“It’s a big day! The first ever LEGO baby minifigure says HEY! to the world, arriving with the LEGO City 60134 Fun in the Park set, tomorrow June 1st !” the announcement reads."

Meanwhile, a Texan right-to-lifer (redundant, I know) is creaming her jeans at the news: “LEGO’s introduction of the LEGO baby acknowledges that life, including preborn life, is literally and figuratively a growing industry,” Conway said. “This campaign and expansion to the toy line is a fun way to acknowledge that life begins in Mom’s tummy and affirms that children can easily and undeniably grasp the importance of life, growth, and family.”

http://www.lifenews.com/2016/06/01/lego-announces-new-baby-minifigure-with-awesome-ultrasound-image/

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
Re: LEGO baby, complete with ultrasound, pro-lifers rejoice
August 28, 2016
August 28, 2016
Miss_Hannigan
Meanwhile, a Texan right-to-lifer (redundant, I know) is creaming her jeans at the news: “LEGO’s introduction of the LEGO baby acknowledges that life, including preborn life, is literally and figuratively a growing industry,” Conway said. “This campaign and expansion to the toy line is a fun way to acknowledge that life begins in Mom’s tummy and affirms that children can easily and undeniably grasp the importance of life, growth, and family.”

http://www.lifenews.com/2016/06/01/lego-announces-new-baby-minifigure-with-awesome-ultrasound-image/

I second the barf.

Does this womben work for LEGO? If not, then she is an idiot making a plug for a company just becuz it represents her valuus.
August 29, 2016
That's a step back from the LEGO adverts in the 70s, showing girls playing and accomplishing things. I used to love LEGO as a kid...I think I'd hate it now.
August 29, 2016
I really doubt Lego was pushing an anti-choice agenda. I think it's a lot more likely they were appealing to modern parents who send out those ridiculous birth announcements with sonograms on them. But then, pro-life lunatics aren't likely to be perceptive enough to realize that.
August 29, 2016

I think it's a lot more likely they were appealing to modern parents who send out those ridiculous birth announcements with sonograms on them.

Or even poking fun at them at a little bit. I saw it as a tongue-in-cheek kind of thing.

But then, pro-life lunatics aren't likely to be perceptive enough to realize that.

Exactly. Everything isn't always all about teh baybees, except when you are a lunatic pro-lifer.
August 29, 2016
kittehpeoples
I really doubt Lego was pushing an anti-choice agenda. I think it's a lot more likely they were appealing to modern parents who send out those ridiculous birth announcements with sonograms on them. But then, pro-life lunatics aren't likely to be perceptive enough to realize that.

Anything with baaaybes is a step backward from the scientist characters and the like, as far as I'm concerned. I also doubt they were being pro-liar.
August 29, 2016
bell_flower

I think it's a lot more likely they were appealing to modern parents who send out those ridiculous birth announcements with sonograms on them.

Or even poking fun at them at a little bit. I saw it as a tongue-in-cheek kind of thing.

But then, pro-life lunatics aren't likely to be perceptive enough to realize that.

Exactly. Everything isn't always all about teh baybees, except when you are a lunatic pro-lifer.

I agree with both of those statements. smiling smiley I think Lego knows darn well what they're doing, and it has nothing to do with fetuses.
August 29, 2016
That is not a baby, it is a fetus.
August 30, 2016
Miss_Hannigan
“LEGO’s introduction of the LEGO baby acknowledges that life, including preborn life, is literally and figuratively a growing industry,” Conway said. “This campaign and expansion to the toy line is a fun way to acknowledge that life begins in Mom’s tummy and affirms that children can easily and undeniably grasp the importance of life, growth, and family.”

So she is overwhelmed by joy when her life choices and worldview are validated by a company selling plastic figures for profit. That shows she is not the person with the strongest conviction ever grinning smiley
August 30, 2016
I have the urge to build a Lego abortion clinic now. grinning smiley
August 30, 2016
mumofsixbirds

This is brilliant. You know, you can build and order your own kits on Lego's website...if you called it a "medical clinic," you might get away with it. grinning smiley
August 30, 2016
kittehpeoples
mumofsixbirds

This is brilliant. You know, you can build and order your own kits on Lego's website...if you called it a "medical clinic," you might get away with it. grinning smiley

Make sure it has 12 foot doors wide enough for a lego gurney so as to keep up with ridiculous "mandates" for abortion clinics. Or make a LEGO "Natchural Birthing Center" complete with a LEGO birthing pool (and regular in/out doors throughout, no mandate required for these places) and a dead LEGO moo in said LEGO birthing pool. I'm sorry if that's a bit visceral, but these "surgical center level building construction" for abortion clinics really piss me off.
August 31, 2016
the noodler

Make sure it has 12 foot doors wide enough for a lego gurney so as to keep up with ridiculous "mandates" for abortion clinics...I'm sorry if that's a bit visceral, but these "surgical center level building construction" for abortion clinics really piss me off.

I didn't know about these goofy mandates but it doesn't surprise me. Care to elaborate?

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
August 31, 2016
http://www.prochoiceamerica.org/what-is-choice/fast-facts/issues-trap.html?referrer=https://www.google.com/

Such proposals are known as TRAP laws: Targeted Regulation of Abortion Providers. Common TRAP regulations include those that: limit the provision of care only to physicians; force practices to convert needlessly into mini-hospitals at great expense; require abortion providers to get admitting privileges; and require facilities to have a transfer agreement with a local hospital (with nothing requiring hospitals to grant such privileges). Further, in many states abortion care is limited to hospitals or other specialized facilities, rather than physicians' offices.

http://www.prochoicenc.org/action-center/take-action/fastfactstraplaws.shtml

Wait. Does North Carolina already have TRAP laws? Yes! Women’s health centers in North Carolina are already subject to dozens of regulations that do not apply to other healthcare providers. For example, elevators in clinics must be large enough to accommodate a stretcher, hallways must be 60 inches wide, and all doors must be at least 3 feet wide.
August 31, 2016
Ugh! Remember when you could get the massive bucket of Legos? You would dump them out with a satisfying "swiissshh". In the '80s, we built everything. Most kids didn't have the playsets; you used your imagination. I have seen the advertisement that yurble mentioned, which depicts a redheaded, pigtailed girl with overalls showing off her creation.Toys now are so gendered, its completely ridiculous.

Here is a comparison of then and now

Click here to login