Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

OMG Halloween For the Speshul Sneayxflaykes

Posted by MerlynHerne 
OMG Halloween For the Speshul Sneayxflaykes
September 13, 2016
OK, I was looking on Yahoo News this morning and found a link to an article about people putting out signs with a teal pumpkin, which means the particular person is giving out non-allergenic treats. When I was a kid, if you had allergies, your mom and dad kept you home and you had a little party and all. You didn't expect people to have to provide special treats.

Halloween Carve Out For the Speshul Sneauxflaykes
Re: OMG Halloween For the Speshul Sneayxflaykes
September 13, 2016
With all the kids needing nut-free, gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free, Red #40-free, sugar-free, etc. diets, trying to be all supportive with the teal pumpkin seems to be more trouble than it's worth. You have out your little teal pumpkin and are giving out nut allergy-friendly treats, but then you've got kids and their breeders whining that you don't have anything that caters to their particular idiosyncrasies.

Fuck that. Better to keep the light off and buy whatever candy I like 50% off the day after. Especially since my favorite are Take 5 bars, filled with peanut butter, pretzels, caramel, and chocolate.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
September 13, 2016
You could put out a teal pumpkin and serve nothing but undyed rock candy you crystallized yourself on string made of hemp but you would STILL get breeders complaining that you used sugar. SUGAR!? I need xylitol and agave nectar for snookums! This will give him cavitieeeees!
September 13, 2016
I get Baby Ruth, Reese's Peanut Butter cups, milky Way, etc...all the day before Halloween, on sale and give that away. If they don't like it, they don't have to accept it.
September 13, 2016
I usually decorate my door for Halloween and put out candy for the engineers.They took out all the chocolate and just left the hard candy. So I put the chocolate on the bottom. It made no difference...they literally dug through the whole bucket for the chocolate.

"It is better not to look like what you are; it is better to look like a bourgeois woman because then all the doors are open for you and then you can just go and make hell." - Marjane Satrapi
September 14, 2016
Halloween is the day in which certain people demand that other people celebrate their "holiday" by purchasing them candy, after they've vandalized their property the night before. And now they're going to be picky based on their food allergies?

Fuck that noise. Go buy your own candy.
September 17, 2016
I don't really care if people feel inclined to OFFER allergy-friendly/non-food items to accommodate cznowflayke chyldrun, but I'm concerned that as this becomes a "thing," breeders will start saying it's an entitlement. I remember reading about it two years ago, so I know it's been around at least that long.

No one's kyd is entitled to candy. If parents are worried that their kyd will eat something they're allergic to, either go with them trick-or-treating or plan an alternate activity. Part of having an allergy or other condition is making adjustments and not expecting the world to cater to your every need (or in this case, want). confused smiley
September 17, 2016
I throw a Halloween party every year, and, if I say so myself, it is awesome. I spend a lot of time and energy decorating, cooking, preparing special drinks and planning spooky activities. So, my house outside is really decorated every year. I live in a neighborhood where an army of children descend just after dark. I leave the lights off and don't answer the door whilst I make final preparations for my adult guests. I put up a sign that says, "No trick-or-treaters, please," and it is ignored. The constant knocking and doorbell ringing upsets my pets. I'm sure my neighbors think I'm horrible. As if their fat, diabetic children don't get enough candy or attention on that night.
September 18, 2016
Living in Australia, I don't really get the cultural significance of going through such effort to celebrate Halloween. Although there has been some cultural blending in regards to this, and there is the concessional trick-or-treater, there's nothing here that even comes close to the US style celebration.

That being said, I just can't understand the absolute nerve dictating what can be voluntarily given away as gift treat. It equivalent to demanding specific Xmas gifts from a stranger. If that's not the height of rudeness and entitlement, I don't know what is.
September 18, 2016
rudeawakening
I don't really care if people feel inclined to OFFER allergy-friendly/non-food items to accommodate cznowflayke chyldrun, but I'm concerned that as this becomes a "thing," breeders will start saying it's an entitlement. I remember reading about it two years ago, so I know it's been around at least that long.

I worry about this happening, because I actually enjoy giving away candy on Halloween. But the day someone starts making demands of what I give them is the day I stop doing it.

I was at Target yesterday, looking around the Halloween section, and I saw a teal pumpkin decorating kit. So it's definitely a thing. How long until most militant of the allergy moos begin to vilify those who don't display the special pumpkin?

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
September 18, 2016
LoveToLurk
How long until most militant of the allergy moos begin to vilify those who don't display the special pumpkin?

I'd say..Not Long!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
They are having children for selfish and narcissistic reasons, or are simply irresponsible. Funny... Those are the terms often used to describe the CF

~Live, Laugh, Love~
September 18, 2016
creativelycf
LoveToLurk
How long until most militant of the allergy moos begin to vilify those who don't display the special pumpkin?

I'd say..Not Long!!

I had some moo and her speaciale sneauflayke come to my door the year before last and complain that nothing was gluten/wheat/nut/sugar/name_your_allergy free. She proceeded to politely berate me in that passive agressive crunchy moo way. I told her that I have what I have, if they don't like it, then then they don't need to accept it.

I am not making teal pumpkins. I will have hand carved, scary faced pumpkins lighting up the path. There will be orange candles in the window, and orange candelabra bulbs in the chandelier, that will softly glow through the lace curtains. I will dress up creepy, and scare the fuck out of the kids when I open the door for them. If moo wants a teal pumpkin and other sensory safe items, she can go to the nearest fundie church and celebrate there. I even heard that K-mart now carries "Jesus harvest seeds, " aka candy corn, for the autardistic, speciale sneauflayke fundy in your life.
September 18, 2016
There are very few brats in our neighborhood, and last year, we turned out all the lights so we wouldn't be disturbed. That's when I noticed the entire neighborhood did the same thing, lol. Fuck Halloween and giving special snowflakes their stupid gluten-free, soy-free, nut-free shit.

I have never participated in Halloween, I hated it as a kid, and I still hate it as an adult even though I love the paranormal.
September 18, 2016
Peace
creativelycf
LoveToLurk

I'd say..Not Long!!

I had some moo and her speaciale sneauflayke come to my door the year before last and complain that nothing was gluten/wheat/nut/sugar/name_your_allergy free. She proceeded to politely berate me in that passive agressive crunchy moo way. I told her that I have what I have, if they don't like it, then then they don't need to accept it.

I am not making teal pumpkins. I will have hand carved, scary faced pumpkins lighting up the path. There will be orange candles in the window, and orange candelabra bulbs in the chandelier, that will softly glow through the lace curtains. I will dress up creepy, and scare the fuck out of the kids when I open the door for them. If moo wants a teal pumpkin and other sensory safe items, she can go to the nearest fundie church and celebrate there. I even heard that K-mart now carries "Jesus harvest seeds, " aka candy corn, for the autardistic, speciale sneauflayke fundy in your life.

Yeah, the first time that happens is the last time I open the door for a trick or treat kid. I participate because I enjoy it, not because I feel like receiving a lecture. I have my job for that.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
September 18, 2016
Solution:
Take your special dietary needs trick or treating, accept any and all candy offered, and then upon arrival at your home, take THAT candy and replace it with whatever crunchy granola moo approved crap your kid can eat and take the other candy that was GIVEN by strangers to work (yea, as if) and share it with coworkers, or eat it yourself. Problem solved, no "teal pumpkin" needed.
September 18, 2016
Wonder what a teal pumpkin looks like smashed? Is it teal or orange on the inside? Only one way to find out the finger smiley
September 19, 2016

I'm aghast the Moo had the audacity to berate a complete stranger giving a gift out of kindness. If that is not the height of despicable entitlement. I would've returned with a nice glutenous, white-bread, open sandwich smeared with greasy peanut butter, and demanded that the entitled moo and crunchy brat promptly remove themselves from my property. angry smiley
September 19, 2016
nokidsandhappy

I'm aghast the Moo had the audacity to berate a complete stranger giving a gift out of kindness. If that is not the height of despicable entitlement. I would've returned with a nice glutenous, white-bread, open sandwich smeared with greasy peanut butter, and demanded that the entitled moo and crunchy brat promptly remove themselves from my property. angry smiley

Oh, I politely, passively aggressively told her off, in my best uppity, CF waysmiling smiley Rest assured, I take no shit, and give no fucks to any crunchy moo smiling smiley
September 20, 2016
Since this is a holy day in our religion, we did not turn on the lights when we lived in town--and neither did the majority of our neighbors. Those who have kids must have some kind of organized activity for them, I guess. Anyhow we celebrate Samhain, NOT Halloween. The Christian Church chose to make Nov. 1st All Saints' Day and Oct. 31 was the eve of that feast day, well, that is where Halloween came from.

Anyhow, leaving the light off has spared us all the passive-aggressive nonsense from the crunchy moo and speshyl sneauxflake brigade.
September 20, 2016
MerlynHerne
Since this is a holy day in our religion, we did not turn on the lights when we lived in town--and neither did the majority of our neighbors. Those who have kids must have some kind of organized activity for them, I guess. Anyhow we celebrate Samhain, NOT Halloween. The Christian Church chose to make Nov. 1st All Saints' Day and Oct. 31 was the eve of that feast day, well, that is where Halloween came from.

Anyhow, leaving the light off has spared us all the passive-aggressive nonsense from the crunchy moo and speshyl sneauxflake brigade.

I'd still pour some salt around the house and light a few candles, just in case.... winking smiley .
September 21, 2016
Not a bad idea. Wish I'd thought of it!
September 22, 2016
I remember when my youngest cousin was like four, her mom wanted to take her trick-or-treating, but didn't want her eating chocolate. So she only took my cousin to the homes of people we knew (relatives, family friends) and the relatives who were okay with a Halloween visit offered treats that Cousin was allowed to have so she could have the experience of holding out a bag and begging for snacks without eating anything "forbidden." She doesn't have food allergies - her mom just didn't want her hooked on chocolate and junk food at that age and she got things like fruit, trinkets and maybe a couple snack bags of cheese doodles.

So why can't kids with allergies do something like that? Or just politely decline treats from people that are off-limits (if they're nice about it, the homeowners might go look in their kitchens for something the kid can have so they don't feel left out)? Or why can't the parents go through their kids' treat bags and pick out the stuff they can't eat? Or, better yet, keep the sickly little mongrels the fuck home on Halloween if they're allergic to every single goddamn thing under the sun!

But NOPE, those would all require the use of logic - something we all know breeders have a severe collective allergy to. No, they'd rather expect everyone to cater to their dumplings' allergies of the week and then still find something to bitch about. It'll eventually reach a point where people just quit handing out candy altogether because they can't cater to the whims of every single goddamn snowflake in town. Breeders will always find shit to complain about because nothing is ever good enough for them, so even if you go out of your way to hand out allergen-free stuff, someone's mommy will still have a problem with it. As far as I'm concerned, there's no sense in catering to these assholes, so go to a nice Halloween party and get sloshed instead of wasting money on ungrateful kids and entitled breeders.

Fuck, I never thought I'd be nostalgic for the days when everyone was all paranoid about razors being hidden in Halloween candy.
September 22, 2016
freya
Wonder what a teal pumpkin looks like smashed? Is it teal or orange on the inside? Only one way to find out the finger smiley

I feel the need to release the evil. Shall I pick you up on my way to the squashing? You'll need to bring your own pipe, baseball bat though.
September 26, 2016
I am thankful that this, at least, is one issue that I don't have to deal with. I don't celebrate Halloween, and I live out in the middle of no where, so I have no one knocking at my door.
September 26, 2016
the noodler
freya

I feel the need to release the evil. Shall I pick you up on my way to the squashing? You'll need to bring your own pipe, baseball bat though.

Absolutely! I'll bring my own bat and bag of nuts as a snack.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login