Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

OMG Halloween For the Speshul Sneayxflaykes

Posted by MerlynHerne 
Re: OMG Halloween For the Speshul Sneayxflaykes
September 28, 2016
Someone should put out a teal pumpkin and leave the porch light off for the lolz beating with a lol hammer
September 28, 2016
I don't know what they do here on Halloween. Usually, bigger apartment buildings in the city may have someone in the lobby to hand out treats to trick or treaters. Guess I will have to ask my landlord today when I go over to put money on my laundry card.

I'm not taking any special precautions. I love Halloween and would give out full-size chocolate bars if I could afford it. Haven't decided if I want to give out candy or not....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
They are having children for selfish and narcissistic reasons, or are simply irresponsible. Funny... Those are the terms often used to describe the CF

~Live, Laugh, Love~
September 28, 2016
Here's an idea, get a teal pumpkin and convert it into a bowl {or buy a bowl in the shape of a teal pumpkin, so long as it has a lid}. Then fill it with peanuts winking smiley cheaper than candy and a nice passive aggressive 'screw you' to the demanding moos

Lock him up or put him down.
Stolen from Shiny.
September 28, 2016
Halloween is a really big deal in these parts. DH and I live on one of the main streets in town, and we always get around 350-400 kyds each year. Needless to say, that means about $50 to buy enough candy to last two hours (towns here have set hours for Halloween). In the 18 years we've lived here, last year was the only time we had leftover candy. Seriously, people bring their sprogs in SUVs from town to town to maximize their take.blue hangover face

NO WAY are we buying special gluten-free/peanut-free/sugar-free stuff for the special sneauphlakes!

It takes a child to raze a village.
October 04, 2016
freya
Wonder what a teal pumpkin looks like smashed? Is it teal or orange on the inside? Only one way to find out the finger smiley

I love the way you think.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
October 04, 2016
So glad there aren't any regular trick-or-treaters in my area. Though I don't say no to the incredible sales the day after Halloween. It's one the three sacred Cheap Chocolate Days!

Parents who are THAT butt-hurt about trick-or-treat not catering to their child's whims would be better off just throwing their own Halloween parties, where they can dictate everything and let their control-freak flag fly.

I'd imagine that trick-or-treating as someone with a nut/gluten/soy/corn/egg/whatever allergy would be like me (the vegetarian) going to a bbq: fun social event, but I don't necessarily count on it providing what I want. I learned decades ago to de-emphasize food at such events. I eat what I can, politely pass dishes I don't want, and count on getting my main meal before or after. But I imagine that little kids can't check their egos like that.

Either way...those parents need to stop looking the Halloween gift horse in its candy-corn filled mouth.
October 05, 2016
randomcfchick
But I imagine that little kids can't check their egos like that.

It has nothing to do with the egos of the kids. They'd be perfectly fine just going out with their friends and then eating their own specially purchased bag of candy later. It's the parents who feel the need to make a big stink.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login