Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Two toadlers drown at once in pool, owner may get sued

Posted by cfdavep 
Two toadlers drown at once in pool, owner may get sued
September 21, 2016
https://www.yahoo.com/news/2-missing-california-toddlers-found-dead-neighbors-pool-010210447.html

The owner said the sprogs had to be herded home about six months prior to the incident, then they come back and both are found dead in the pool. Most of the commenters are admitting it is the parents fault, but some say the owner will be sued regardless of safelty measures. Even a letter to the neighbourhood written by a lawyer telling parents to keep kids of her property and away from the pool can mean nothing. There were comments the neighbor needed to buy a pool alarm that would wake the neighbourhood if someone/thing more than 10 pounds falls in the pool. I guess that is so the village can come running at night to scoop sprogs out in time. Some else said the owner will be devastated over this and is "not a person if he/she isn't". The owner has no obligation to feel anything for these kids who showed up and drowned. Breeders always feel that people are obligated to feel certain feelings at certain times for certain people, themselves and their sprogs
Re: Two toadlers drown at once in pool, owner may get sued
September 21, 2016
If this happened to me I would be extremely upset to know someone died in my pool, but most of all I would be pissed as Hell at the stupid parents. The owner of the pool has kids herself, and hers never drowned in the pool. According to the police officer in the video, the owner had an additional fence around the pool, which the little feral beasts climbed.

The owner should have never given an interview. She looked stunned and some stupid jury will say that she wasn't properly emotional and they'll sock her for wrongful death money.

If you listen to the video, the police officer stated the parents went to work and the great grandmother, who was presumably watching the kids, was still asleep when the feral beasts woke up, went exploring, climbed over the fence and drowned. He even said there was a two hour period of time between 8 and 10 a.m. during which this could have happened.

This is totally the parents' fault. 1. who the fuck leaves the house and two small children without verifying someone else is going to take care of them?; 2. stop being fucking cheap and saddling some elderly relative with your kids. The neighborhood looked decent.

Someone shat out these crotch fruit--they should have spent the money on licensed childcare to properly watch them while they were away from the house. Had they done that, shit like this won't have happened.
September 21, 2016
They always have superhuman abilities to manage to kill themselves.
SIDS is out, and roasting is becoming suspicious; so now the little geniuses are drowning themselves.
September 21, 2016
Maybe the ol PNA failed 6 months ago when the owner had to herd them home and worked the second time. Just leave them with an elderly relative and make sure the doors are easy to open and it may just happen. Now they can sue to make up the cost.
September 21, 2016
Drownings are the easiest PNA to get away with i.e. ill fitting/not snug enough life jackets or swimming at a lake without a life guard and not watching.
Drowning in movies and TV is not the same as real life.
September 21, 2016
I had friends living in a not-so-good neighborhood and they couldn't keep neighbor kids out of their pool. Every week the beasts would be jumping in uninvited with no respect for property.

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
September 21, 2016
At one point my parents looked into getting a pool, and actually thought ahead enough to ask someone what liability they might face in a situation like this. They were told they'd be liable even if a child had to climb a fence to get to the pool, because a pool is considered an "attractive nuisance":

The attractive nuisance doctrine applies to the law of torts in the United States. It states that a landowner may be held liable for injuries to children trespassing on the land if the injury is caused by an object on the land that is likely to attract children.
September 22, 2016
I'd love a pool, but I would never ever choose to own one. It's too risky. Kids will just help themselves to your pool and if you put deterrents and blockades up, the little shits will either find a way over them or they'll hurt themselves trying and you wind up getting sued because they injured themselves on your property. Never mind the fact that they trespassed - nope, you're the one at fault for having something they want.

Also, toddlers aren't exactly known for their grace. How did they both manage to get out of the house, get through the front gate and then scale a wrought-iron fence? How did nobody passing by notice two unattended toadlers trying to climb a fence (because I'm sure they didn't get over the fence in one quick swoop like a track star would)? Where did the parents need to go that was so important that they couldn't take their kids with them?

Sounds like a PNA; the parents decided to leave a (presumably older) relative with weak reflexes in charge of two energetic young kids while knowing full well the kids knew how to get into the neighbor's yard (though I wonder if they had a little assistance) and hoping they'd go kill themselves on her property so they could Ctrl+Z their kids and maybe make some money off the neighbor in the process. I even wonder if one of the parents let the kids out of the house or told them to go swimming next door. The parents probably tried this shit six months ago too, but that pesky neighbor thwarted the plan. Fuck, I wouldn't be surprised if the parents were like, "Dis bitch got a pool, so you know she got money" and starting plotting a way to get a settlement from her.

I feel bad for the neighbor. Finding two drowned brats in your pool is bad enough, but then getting her name and face dragged all over the news and being potentially sued for someone else's neglect is just twisting the knife in the wound.

There's only so fucking much you can do to keep stupid kids off your property.You can put up tons of gates, locks, barriers, security systems, cameras, warning signs, guard dogs, land mines, etc. and if kids still choose to ignore the very obvious hints that they are not welcome, you're still at fault. I hate the way the law works. Meanwhile, if I helped myself to someone's pool without their permission, I'd get charged with trespassing.
September 22, 2016
kittehpeoples

The attractive nuisance doctrine applies to the law of torts in the United States. It states that a landowner may be held liable for injuries to children trespassing on the land if the injury is caused by an object on the land that is likely to attract children.

Fuck that. What kind of precedent does that set? So moos can let their feral beasts trespass, tell tardley to say that it was tempted by an object and get away with it? Kids are stupid, they could be tempted by a spoon. How did this come to be? When did our property rights as tax-paying adults become less important than some crotch dropping's impulse to be where it isn't wanted?

Sorry for ranting, but the injustice of this all really grinds my gears. Not to threadjack, but I am dealing with a trespasser and it sucks. I was basically told nothing could be done "because child!!!" Fuck that. In an alternate universe where the breeders couldn't call for his life, I would say it's too bad my dog didn't bite the hormonal hulktard

Lock him up or put him down.
Stolen from Shiny.
September 22, 2016
If somebody followed all local safety ordinances for owning a pool, then they shouldn't be held liable if an unrelated brat who trespassed drowns. The "attractive nuisance" clause boils down to people being too scared to hold breeders responsible because most of them are breeders themselves and they don't want to risk setting a precedent that could come to bite them in the ass when they're staring at a judge and jury. It's the entitlement that their child has a right to everybody else's property because that's easier than teaching their kid boundaries and right from wrong.

If I ever get my own home, I would get an indoor pool and have it designed to be a natural extension of the outdoor area so it's not an eyesore. Not only would it provide privacy and less of outdoor elements getting into the pool, but any entitled brat trying to make its way in is now breaking and entering. What's inside my home is no longer an "attractive nuisance."

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
September 22, 2016

If I ever get my own home, I would get an indoor pool and have it designed to be a natural extension of the outdoor area so it's not an eyesore. Not only would it provide privacy and less of outdoor elements getting into the pool, but any entitled brat trying to make its way in is now breaking and entering. What's inside my home is no longer an "attractive nuisance."

I feel the same way. I would love to have one of those spa thing-ies that you can also swim in and exercise.

I love to swim but public pools are nasty, and like everything else that's no longer fun, we can trace it back to Breeders and their germ vectors who also pee and poop in pools and use those nasty swim diapers, etc.
September 22, 2016
kittehpeoples
At one point my parents looked into getting a pool, and actually thought ahead enough to ask someone what liability they might face in a situation like this. They were told they'd be liable even if a child had to climb a fence to get to the pool, because a pool is considered an "attractive nuisance":

Great. So the brats never have to learn boundaries and discipline and moo and duh are spared the chore of raising kyds.
Kyds will grow up and break into people's houses if an attractive nuisance catches their eye because moo and duh never taught them otherwise. Then the prison system will teach them an entirely different set of rules unless the brat has an especially low IQ and is allowed to free-range the streets instead, grabbing any attractive nuisance that catches brat's eye.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login