Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Target's "demon mini carts"

Posted by starlady 
Target's "demon mini carts"
September 24, 2016
http://www.wptv.com/news/national/target-gets-rid-of-demon-mini-carts

Well, yeah, the carts were a bad idea... but... what mawm would let her kyd ram the thing into her several times before turning and saying something to the brat? Not the 'ebil mini carts' it's the parunts who don't discipline bratleigh and snotleigh when they are using them. Anyhow... glad that idea was nipped in the bud. Now,.. if we could just get rid of the gigantic riding grocery carts for kyds that take up a whole freekin aisle.
Re: Target's "demon mini carts"
September 24, 2016
Instead of encouraging the carts to be used in the store (dumb at every level) the store could sell them! Loved my shopping cart (at home)when I was a little kid.
September 24, 2016
A lot of moms these days, starlady. They don't notice when their precious is hurting or bothering someone else.

If someone else is hurting or bothering Precious, however, then it's a different story.

I've had kids ricochet off me at stores...mom doesn't do/say a thing, just pulls the kid away with that blank, defeated look. They never apologize, let alone as their kid to or make them aware they caused someone else a problem. And of course the child is never made to apologize to me. The most I've heard is "you have to be careful in the store".

Those mini-carts need to go, of course. Along with those stupid racecar carts. I've never worked at a grocery store, but every single person I know with retail experience HATES those two types of carts. MInicarts are a visibility problem, are invariably found full of abandoned items that Mom wouldn't let Precious buy (often melting/going bad), and impossible to rack up together. Racecars are bulky, slower to maneuver, and can't be nested in the cart rack.

Kids need to learn to behave; stuff like mini-carts don't help.
September 24, 2016
A long time ago, I spoke to a grocery store manager who had brought in the kiddie carts and when I was complaining about them, he said that they had so many reported problems that after only a few weeks they made plans to remove them.
September 25, 2016
While I applaud Target getting rid of the mini-carts, here is hoping that Trader Joe's does the same. The floor space in a busy Trader Joe's is much, much smaller than most Target stores, and I've noticed that when the love critters push these things through the store, they have a large radius of empty space around them, as adults know that kid could go in any direction with the cart and smash into them. Plus the food spoilage issue when Mawm decides not to buy what Bratly has in its cart.
September 26, 2016
Who thought these things were a good idea in the first place? Some moo high enough up the corporate ladder to push it through?
September 26, 2016
Thank Todd my Kroger got rid of them.

Giving a small human with zero impulse control + no coordination a small tank that he can push over peoples' feet and into their shins is a really bad idea.

Those HUGE shopping carts with the play car strapped on at the front are an abomination......however, I tolerate those because they keep the runts contained within, not running around in the store, causing mayhem.
September 26, 2016
bell_flower

Those HUGE shopping carts with the play car strapped on at the front are an abomination......however, I tolerate those because they keep the runts contained within, not running around in the store, causing mayhem.

We have these in our supermarket and they take up far too much real estate. These things are cumbersome and to push and maneuver them is clearly a struggle for most adults. And since adults are the ones who are earning and spending money within the store, I am not sure why these carts are necessary. It's a supermarket, not a playground.

When I was a small child I sat inside the cart. That seemed to work fine in the 1970s and beyond.

I am not sure why today's children need their own shopping carts, or faux cars attached to the front of a shopping cart.
September 26, 2016
The carts with the big plastic 'racing cars' stuck on the front? God how I hate them. At the supermarket that I work at the kids are forever climbing all over the 'hood' and risking a lawsuit inducing fall, plus the kids can grab anything off the shelf and 'hide' it while riding in the 'car' until mombie and duhdie are almost out the door. Often that's soggy unopened candy the kid chewed on throughout it's 'ride' or whatever else the kid decided they wanted. They also take up tons of room in the cart returns, and often a person can only drag back a maximum of two of these carts, leaving the cart person to use up precious time dragging the damn things back.

Frequently these carts have cookie crumbs and other stuff left in the 'car' part of them, and rarely are they cleaned because frankly, nobody has time.

I did ask management why we couldn't just get rid of them and they mainly said 'The parents want them.'
September 27, 2016
nightfire
The carts with the big plastic 'racing cars' stuck on the front? God how I hate them. .......
I did ask management why we couldn't just get rid of them and they mainly said 'The parents want them.'

Proving once again parunts expect the world to turn into an amusement park for their kids rather than finding a babysitter or making their kyds behave for 10-20 minutes.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login