Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Airline announces child-free zones on its flights

Posted by cassia 
October 07, 2016

http://www.lfpress.com/2016/10/07/airline-announces-child-free-zones-on-its-flights

"We all feel for parents who travel long distances with children, the vast majority of whom are well-behaved. But passengers without kids or who have already gone through that stage in their lives can be a bit impatient when it comes to small kids on a plane.

Which is why IndiGo, a budget airline based in India, recently announced it’s bringing in a “Quiet Zone” for business travellers, with kids under the age of 12 not allowed."

Copy/Paste the link to get the whole story.

==========================

In my opinion, this is one of the signs of people finally standing up to the antics of misbehaving brats and their shitty parents, but these few tiny zones on the plane do nothing to really effectively separate you from the obnoxious noise and behaviour.
Re: Airline announces child-free zones on its flights
October 10, 2016
Yeah, like any entitled Moo and brats are going to respect 'quiet zones'. Budget airlines are notoriously breeder worshipers, as more famblies = more $$$. I can't see the airlines scorning an integral income stream.
October 10, 2016
The vast majority of whom are well behaved? Nice PR move but we all know the truth: this wouldn't be necessary if 90% of parents didn't suck and if they didn't drag their kids on airplanes. Stay the fuck home.

Farther down in the article it states an airline offered a 25% discount for every crying baybee on a NY to LA flight and there were FIVE. Sadly that's the norm - dumbass parents taking their screaming loaves everywhere.

I feel sorry for kids whose ears aren't developed and they scream due to pressure changes in the cabin. And they say we are the selfish ones?
October 11, 2016
Oooooh don't even get me started on babies and flights... just recently I've read about a moo who bragged that her daughter is already earning frequent flier miles and became an Elite Gold before her first birthday. Some things should be FOR ADULTS ONLY. That includes lounges.
October 16, 2016
The zones are a nice idea, but the noise of a crying baby or tantruming toddler carries all the way through the plane.

I do feel sorry for very small kids on planes, because their parents are setting them up for a situation they just can't handle. I may generally dislike toddlers and preschoolers because they're just developmentally hyper, tempermental, selfish, and messy...but I do feel a little sorry for them if their parents stuff them on a plane. Confined space where they have to SIT for a few hours? Not appropriate. And little kids don't understand why their ears hurt on a plane. I once had to fly with what turned out to be double ear infections as a freakin' adult...I was miserable, but at least I knew what was going on.

Parents who put young kids/babies on a plane are selfish and thoughtless.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login