Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

This. THIS is why dating single mommies is always a bad idea

Posted by the noodler 
This. THIS is why dating single mommies is always a bad idea
October 12, 2016
https://m.soundcloud.com/movin925/358-second-date-update-greek-food-getaway

She doesn't just use him for a free meal. She orders ALL the appetizers so her THREE kids....(and you'll love the hipster names of them because she rattled them off at least twice. There's a Paisley. Need I say more?)..can try Greek food. And makes HIM pay the $165 tab and tip on top! Just. Wow.

And I'm a feminist in the true sense of equality for all but do enjoy some chivalry on occasion, but this moo takes that expectation a little too far.

Its long but worth it. Site loads pretty well. Enjoy.

October 12, 2016
the noodler

And I'm a feminist in the true sense of equality for all but do enjoy some chivalry on occasion, but this moo takes that expectation a little too far.

Although I think chivalry is dumb, I don't think this guy is being chivalrous. He's simply a milquetoast, and quite obviously being taken advantage of.
Re: This. THIS is why dating single mommies is always a bad idea
October 12, 2016
StudioFiftyFour
the noodler

Although I think chivalry is dumb, I don't think this guy is being chivalrous. He's simply a milquetoast, and quite obviously being taken advantage of.

The woman brings up how he needed to be chivalrous but didn't that defeat the point? He was in a weird spot that she put him in and then she pulls out the chivalry card for the radio guy. If she is such a fan of chivalry why is she a single mom of 3.....namely Paisley, Jackson and some other trendy hipster moo name? Why is she expecting this guy to put food in her kids' mouths

Unreal.
October 12, 2016
the noodler

The woman brings up how he needed to be chivalrous but didn't that defeat the point? He was in a weird spot that she put him in and then she pulls out the chivalry card for the radio guy. If she is such a fan of chivalry why is she a single mom of 3.....namely Paisley, Jackson and some other trendy hipster moo name? Why is she expecting this guy to put food in her kids' mouths

Unreal.

FWIW, I avoided dating single mothers for a variety of reasons. Speaking in pure generalities, I found them to be some of the most self-important, self-entitled women on the dating market. Their opinion of themselves was ridiculously high, and they dramatically overestimated their "worth" in the dating market.

Guys who pay for other guys' kids are suckers. Just my opinion.
October 12, 2016
Was that a parody site?
October 12, 2016
freya
Was that a parody site?

I found it on Reddit. Pretty sure its either a radio show or podcast.
October 12, 2016
the noodler
freya
Was that a parody site?

I found it on Reddit. Pretty sure its either a radio show or podcast.

Wowwww. People like this actually exist!!
October 13, 2016
StudioFiftyFour
FWIW, I avoided dating single mothers for a variety of reasons. Speaking in pure generalities, I found them to be some of the most self-important, self-entitled women on the dating market. Their opinion of themselves was ridiculously high, and they dramatically overestimated their "worth" in the dating market.

Guys who pay for other guys' kids are suckers. Just my opinion.

Whenever I've mentioned that I won't go out with a single dad, it's single mothers who screech in horror. The very thought that someone having kids is a liability in the dating market is foreign and offensive to them. Single dads are just as clueless. They think women should be lining up to help raise their spawn.
October 14, 2016

Whenever I've mentioned that I won't go out with a single dad, it's single mothers who screech in horror. The very thought that someone having kids is a liability in the dating market is foreign and offensive to them. Single dads are just as clueless. They think women should be lining up to help raise their spawn.

The best part is that single parents almost never want to date other single parents because they don't want to date someone with baggage. Pot, meet kettle. You'd think they'd be natural companions - who better to help you raise your kids than someone who already knows how? Single parents are all scared they might have to lift a finger to deal with someone else's kids, so they go after childfree people and get all butthurt when we reject them because we should be falling all over ourselves to be surrogates to their bastards as well as being thrilled to never, ever be number one on their priority list.

Single parents all act like they'd be doing you a favor by dating you.
October 14, 2016
freya
Was that a parody site?

Nah. It's a audio-sharing website. Music artists and song cover artists really like having that place to share their work. Downloads of the files are free (I've been downloading music there for a year so far and have had zero virus trouble). I check the site regularly because music composers working on a few of my favorite TV shows upload their music there.
October 14, 2016
@beezle

Thanks for the tip. Ill have to peruse the site further. I love film and television music. I'm a whore for scores! smiling smiley-

Bear McCreary has some good stuff fwiw.
October 14, 2016
Cambion

The best part is that single parents almost never want to date other single parents because they don't want to date someone with baggage. Pot, meet kettle. You'd think they'd be natural companions - who better to help you raise your kids than someone who already knows how? Single parents are all scared they might have to lift a finger to deal with someone else's kids, so they go after childfree people and get all butthurt when we reject them because we should be falling all over ourselves to be surrogates to their bastards as well as being thrilled to never, ever be number one on their priority list.

Single parents all act like they'd be doing you a favor by dating you.

Doing you a favor? I think they truly believe you are hitting the lottery by being granted the privilege to date them!

Much of this has to do with the narrative being propagated by the mainstream media since the 1970s--that single mothers are part saint, part superhero. Neither are true. They are simply women with kids. No more, no less. Unfortunately, many times the kids are the result of a terrible decision to bang an irresponsible guy without protection. Hence, they are raised without a father. Tragic.

This is why it's important to differentiate the single mother from the divorced mother.
October 19, 2016
If something happened to my wife, I would go it alone because just about every woman in my age group would be a single mother. I don't want to deal with all the drama that goes with that. I don't want to deal with other people's kids or exes, since kids make the connection to the ex permanent even if they aren't together.

Just not worth it.
October 20, 2016
When I moved to this neighbourhood, I gradually met various neighbours, including the nearby single mother with two kids.

Right from the start, every conversation was a discussion about what she needed at this moment and asking if I could provide it.
It was like conversing with an endless pit of need laser -beamed on me.

She was aiming her need- laser on myself, who is an aging single person with 1/3 of the income, 13 disabilities and no car in a village that doesn't have businesses nor services.
Despite my situation, I try to ask favours of people on rare occasions and generally figure out how to solve my own problems/needs.
That single mother wouldn't even try to make an effort towards taking care of her own needs, so I quit conversing with her.
November 04, 2016
Pussy-whipped, much?
November 04, 2016
cassia
When I moved to this neighbourhood, I gradually met various neighbours, including the nearby single mother with two kids.

Right from the start, every conversation was a discussion about what she needed at this moment and asking if I could provide it.
It was like conversing with an endless pit of need laser -beamed on me.

We had a moo and sprogs move into our neighborhood, and the first day she was there, she sent her daughter (I'm bad at estimating spawn ages, but under 3' tall) door to door asking if anyone had cigarettes for her mom because she'd run out. Tell me THAT kid has a fucking chance in life.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login