Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Another perfect place to breastfeed...

Posted by tea princess 
Another perfect place to breastfeed...
October 12, 2016
The Icelandic parliament, apparently.
Video in article; don't worry, no breasts are actually shown (kid looks like she's nursing through the fabric of the dress, this dress should be compulsory for public breastfeeding if moos really have to do it. Parliament is still no place for this, though.)
Re: Another perfect place to breastfeed...
October 13, 2016
If I ever am at work in a mtg. and an employee is in there freaking breastfeeding I will immediately leave. This is so inappropriate! And the meetings I attend are not televised.
October 13, 2016
If I were in that room, I'd wonder who the hell I'm supposed to concentrate on: the woman or her baby.
October 13, 2016
beezle
If I were in that room, I'd wonder who the hell I'm supposed to concentrate on: the woman or her baby.

Why, both of them of course! A live-action Madonna and child!sarcastic clapping

I realize that Iceland is pretty far ahead of many countries re: women's rights and place in society. But I can't help but think that all this public Moo-ness doesn't really help women as a whole. It reinforces the idea that woman=mommy; haven't we been fighting for the last hundred years to get away from that?

It takes a child to raze a village.
October 13, 2016
yes, Beezle--have you not gotten the memo? You are supposed to squeal in one of those annoying high voices and race over there to worship the Baybee and Madonna!
October 15, 2016
cj
I realize that Iceland is pretty far ahead of many countries re: women's rights and place in society. But I can't help but think that all this public Moo-ness doesn't really help women as a whole. It reinforces the idea that woman=mommy; haven't we been fighting for the last hundred years to get away from that?

EXACTLY this. It also reinforces the stereotype that women are less professional, let their personal lives interfere in the workplace, and are responsible for most of the childcare (why isn't duhddy watching the kyd? when do duhs ever bring their loaves to work)?

Goddamned loaves don't belong in Parliament whether they're beefing or not. rusty chainsaw
October 18, 2016
I actually don't care if women nurse around me, but not for the feel-good reasons that mommies assume. Personally I don't give a fuck what they feed their babies. Breast, bottle, mysterious substance dug up from a UFO crash, whatever. I don't worry overly much about nursing in public as long as they're not doing it AT me with that "I dare you to say anything" look....which I always counter with either a blank look or a really indifferent shrug. You're a mammal, you're feeding your young...what, do you want a cookie for it?

My problem is when nursing is done in times/places where it hampers productivity or traffic or whatever. People shouldn't use up work time feeding their kid.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login