Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

girl on a train = bingos everywhere. SPOILERS

Posted by myrna minkoff 
girl on a train = bingos everywhere. SPOILERS
October 16, 2016
went to see "girl on a train" this weekend; having never read the book i had no idea what the plot was about. looks like a murder mystery, right? wrong! it is 90 minutes worth of CF bingos. WARNING: SPOILERS AHEAD

woman on a train (rachel) thinks she has a clue to another woman's(megan) disappearance. starts out well, but then...

we find out in flashbacks that rachel went through IVF and couldn't get pregnant. of course, this broke up her marriage and turned her into an out of work boozebag who rides the train into NYC all day and coos at other women's babies. her ex husband has remarried to anna, and they have a baby. anna spends all her time at the farmers market buying organic food for her baby. she says things like "having a baby is the most important thing in the world" her nanny, megan, is the woman who goes missing. she is married to a man who wants her to get pregnant but she doesn't want to have a baby. at first she seems like she is CF, but then we find out through flashbacks that she HAD a baby and the baby died, and that turned her into a bitchy slut who sleeps with every man in new york and ends up pregnant. then she disappears.

no, this movie isn't set in 1916...it is set in 2016 but NONE of these women have jobs, friends, ambitions, hobbies...nothing. their entire lives revolve around men, houses, and of course, BAYBIES.

if you haven't seen it and are considering it, DON'T; instead, go have a martini and thank your lucky stars you are CF.

breastfeeding howling crotch maggot
Re: girl on a train = bingos everywhere. SPOILERS
October 16, 2016
Yuck. It doesn't sound like I would want to see it anyway (not much into modern mystery flicks), but now I definitely won't. Thanks for the heads up.
October 17, 2016
This is why I do the movie spoilers and Wikipedia on movies. I am not wasting money on crap.

"It is better not to look like what you are; it is better to look like a bourgeois woman because then all the doors are open for you and then you can just go and make hell." - Marjane Satrapi
October 17, 2016
I haven't been to the movies since taking my brother to Cars in 2006. I hate Hollyweird. I refuse to even spend a cent on movies. If I want to watch something, I would stream it online.

Even though a refuse to spend a cent on movies, I have a growing kindle book collection.
October 17, 2016
Thanks for the review and the heads up.

Won't be spending money on this drivel.
October 17, 2016
yeah, that's 2 hours of my life i won't get back. but at least there was beer involved. there should really be some sort of CF siskel & ebert to review movies.

smileys with beer
October 17, 2016
I saw it last weekend. I judged the movie by the trailer, and figured it couldn't be that bad. Yeah, it definitely wasn't what I had hoped for, but at least I had Swedish berries. Mmmmm need to get me some more of those.
October 18, 2016
More white male-centered brainwashing by popular media? Thanks, I'll pass.

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
October 19, 2016
Don't blame men for crap like this.The book it's based on was written by a woman, the script was penned by two women and the movie was produced predominantly by women. The mommy/baby industry is fueled by women. But this does seem like one to skip.
October 19, 2016
Well damn, that's even WORSE!

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login