Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Grandma at Denny's thinks someone else is crazy

Posted by addiea raine 
Grandma at Denny's thinks someone else is crazy
October 17, 2016
They have me helping out in Test and Trials on DDG 113. Because I get there so early, I stop and get breakfast for the guys. Today I knew it was going to be bad (it was) so I went to Denny's to get them something better than sandwiches. I walk in, and immediately want to walk out. The waitress there is being shown pictures on an iPad by the other waitress and I knew it was baby pictures. I start to give my order and the stalker grandma interrupts me to make the waitress look at more pictures. I was shocked but, like I said, I wanted to give the guys something different because of today. She started showing me the pictures and I just gave her the death glare, ignored her and continued with my order. Guess they didn't appreciate it since they "forgot" part of the order. Don't think I will be back and tempted to leave a bad review.

Just. Wow.

"It is better not to look like what you are; it is better to look like a bourgeois woman because then all the doors are open for you and then you can just go and make hell." - Marjane Satrapi
Re: Grandma at Denny's thinks someone else is crazy
October 17, 2016
Well, dontcha know, she's retired. The world runs on her time. Screw those looking to get in and get out so they can fund her retitement via actually going to work.

I hope you didn't give a tip.
October 18, 2016
Wow! I would definitely report that to the manager.
October 22, 2016
I give a tip no matter what, even if it's picking up a pizza. I didn't notice that there wasn't everything until I got to the ship. I'm still a bit pissed about it and won't go back. I've never gotten anywhere with calling a manager, so I'll just leave a review for the whole world to see.

"It is better not to look like what you are; it is better to look like a bourgeois woman because then all the doors are open for you and then you can just go and make hell." - Marjane Satrapi
October 22, 2016
I'm with Noodler on this one. If they don't do their job, they don't get paid. Yes its a bastard act, but I'm sick to death of paying good money for non-existent serviceangrily flogging with a whip. Plus, reviews and online reviews don't do crap... Cold hard $$$ or lack thereof is the only thing that speaks to these babby worshoppers.
October 23, 2016
That is just bold faced rude. I'd definitely report this to the manager and bring the receipt in as well. There is absolutely no excuse for that behavior. Usually I'm understanding and give the benefit of the doubt, especially during busy times.

I've only had 2 times where I've experienced such rude behavior and one time I didn't leave a tip (after waiting for the waitress to bring us a check for 30 minutes, asking repeatedly for our check and the waitress ignored us). The other time was during lunch, I was seated and ignored for 20 minutes, despite the restaurant being empty. The two other people who showed up after me had their food and I still hadn't given my order. I spoke with the manager about that time and ended up with a free meal, a voucher for another free meal and an apology.

I have had wait staff do the absolute minimal for me (one drink and meal, not refilling my drink) and kiss the asses of famblees by focusing all their time and energy on them. When they do this they get the absolute minimal tip.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login