Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Moo bleats when downy son doesn't get modeling call back

Posted by freya 
Re: Moo bleats when downy son doesn't get modeling call back
July 13, 2017
freya
I used to take photos for aspiring models and actors. Must say, the overwhelming majority had no potential. Lots of people who appear to have potential and may resemble a model or actor freeze up completely in front of the camera and can't take any direction whatsoever. Think most people believe to be a model you just need to meet certain appearance requirements and then stand in front of a camera. Most are so busy looking self-conscious they forget they are modeling/acting. Not so if you expect any level of success! If they can't connect with the audience then they can't sell product and be memorable.

It is hard enough getting a connection with an older able-bodied kid or teen, can't even imagine trying to take a photo of a special needs baby with funny features that isn't wretched.

Freya, bingo. It is not just looks. There is the movement, how natural one looks, and that intangible it factor that some have and others don't. I had just read an article on the current FLOTUS who had several photographers discuss how she only got low tier jobs because she did not know how to move, she was wooden and stiff and did not have "it". You do need to be the total package.

That said, every parent thinks their dumpling is the next It girl/boy. This kid is Downy cute, but nothing that jumps out....considering how many millions of open call kids the company sees.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
July 19, 2017
It's very hard for me to respect any company/organization that allows themselves to be browbeaten into doing something they're not required to do, because of ONE person's
hurty fee-fees.

This is about the moo, not the kid, we know that. But it begs the question: will he ever be able to understand what's going on? (As we have covered before, the ugly truth is that not every person with Down syndrome will be like Chris Burke.)
July 19, 2017
And Chris hasn't acted since 2002. Most of his work today is as a DS advocate.

This little guy is not gonna give a shit that he wasn't a model. This is all about MOO. And I won't shop companies so easily beat down.

From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login