Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bitchy Waiter & SpiderMonkey Child

Posted by yurble 
Bitchy Waiter & SpiderMonkey Child
November 06, 2016
The bitchy waiter has a new post involving bratty children and irresponsible breeders not doing a damn thing about it. Most of the comments are "WTF?" but there are a few lauding the child's confidence and complaining about people filming rather than 'helping' the breeders.
Re: Bitchy Waiter & SpiderMonkey Child
November 06, 2016
yurble
The bitchy waiter has a new post involving bratty children and irresponsible breeders not doing a damn thing about it. Most of the comments are "WTF?" but there are a few lauding the child's confidence and complaining about people filming rather than 'helping' the breeders.

I thought breeders hated it when the general public has to help them parent because they're doing such a lousy job of it....
November 07, 2016
Wait I thought pahrunts EXPECT strangers to help them in these situations because they're just soooooo exhausted from doing TMIJITW. Sure. As if a stranger can just do a "tut-tut now little person. Your moo is having an "intimate conversation" so you need to stop running on the tables."

Yea I see that happening.
November 07, 2016
the noodler
Wait I thought pahrunts EXPECT strangers to help them in these situations because they're just soooooo exhausted from doing TMIJITW. Sure. As if a stranger can just do a "tut-tut now little person. Your moo is having an "intimate conversation" so you need to stop running on the tables."

Yea I see that happening.

I think breeders want free babysitting and complete tolerance from everybody else, but resent other people disciplining their brats or suggesting that the breeders themselves need to discipline them. Basically they want complete irresponsibility and zero criticism regarding their sprogs.
November 24, 2016
of no importance whatsoever, but BW is one of my best buddies in real life. We worked together in 92 (not waiting tables) long before he was THE Bitchy Waiter. We meet for frou frou cocktails smileys with beer whenever I'm in Manhattan.
November 25, 2016
Jealous, yellow jacket! I'm sure most of us would get along with him like we've known him our entire lives--because empathy!

I pulled a "spider monkey" when I was 3. We were on vacation and int he hotel's restaurant for breakfast. My father, who would have probably snatched me by the scruff of my neck and scared the living daylights out of me if he'd caught me crawling around, probably had to go to the bathroom or something, and my mother was keeping a sharp eye on my twitchy toadler limbs. My parents were PNBs and didn't stand for any sort of nonsense. The "she's just a child" excuse was invalid to them.I don't know the exact point I scampered off. It must have been when Dad came back and asked a question so I had no high-beam eyes following me. Before my poor parents could breathe I'd climbed a table, fallen and bashed my head badly enough to bleed all over the damn place and get knocked unconscious. The last thing I remember was an EMT trying to lift my half-lifeless body into the stretcher. Thank Cthulhu and the Elder Gods the restaurant was empty at that time in the morning.

I NEVER PULLED THAT SHIT AGAIN.

I don't know what was going through my parents' heads in that split second, but if homicide even briefly crossed their minds I don't blame them.
November 25, 2016
I used to have a co-worker who was born in the 50s. She remembered once acting up in a restaurant when she was little. Her mother took her out to the car, put her in it, and went back into the restaurant. She had to wait alone in the car while the rest of the family finished their meal. She said it made a very strong impression on her and she never misbehaved in a restaurant again. Of course if a parent tried this nowadays everyone would be screaming OMG child abuse.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login