Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Massive goldmine of regret and misery

Posted by danity 
Re: Massive goldmine of regret and misery
November 25, 2016
danity
"If everyone thought like you do, where would we be?" Uh, I dunno, HAPPY???? Maybe we'd have less misery?? It's infuriating!

Where would we be? Well, we'd have...

-Fewer starving people in the Third World
-Less demand for energy, and hence a lower price
-A dramatically decreased carbon footprint
-Less environmental pollution, degradation
-A much lower unemployment rate
-Greater upward mobility within society
-A lower rate of domestic violence
-A lower rate of child abuse
-A lower rate of substance abuse

All of the above are tied in part, or in many cases, to the presence of unwanted children. These conditions aren't good for society at large, aren't good for adults, and aren't good for the children who will inherit these circumstances either.

The idea of throwing caution to the wind and breeding without thought is not without major long-term consequences for you as an individual, or for society at large.
November 26, 2016
aes sedai
yurble
the noodler
yurble
the noodler
Before reddit, duhs like this just went to the corner bar and soaked their woes in cheap draft beer. Could we go back to that please? Please?

Although I think sympathy is largely unwarranted I'm hoping more stories like this will make people realize there is a choice and what that choice entails. More informed people making active decisions about having children can only be an improvement.

Ooooooh! An Awareness Campaign!! What color shall we pick for the rubber bracelets?

Baby-shit brown, with nasal discharge yellow running through it? Vomited milk white? Piss yellow?

What did I eve miss while I was gone?!?!?!?!?!?! wide-eyed freak out But it should be. That wonderfully depressingl 70s mustard yellow would be an ideal color for this "awareness campaign" because it reflects the misery and incompetence of a spineless duh who had no will of his own and went through with something that not only makes his own life miserable, but makes those kids (who definitely notice that Duhddy is not invested) even more miserable. It's them I feel sorry for.

*The rubber used to make those bracelets should be scented with all of the above.devil with smile

It could be made from expired condoms they forgot to wear earlier.
November 26, 2016
That 70s yellow. I see it in just about every kitchen while we househunt. It is awful. It's almost always paired with avocado or in that horrific yellow orange avocado floral pattern that we even had in my childhood home. I cannot get away from that pattern.

Also in these homes are almost always loads of pope pics and crucifixes, and sometimes a Madonna statue shrine in the yards. One creepy place had a portrait of John and Jacqueline Kennedy....over the master bed. It was just.... weird.

Anyway back on topic.... Don't forget the smell from the diaper genie in that scent concoction.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login