Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Massive goldmine of regret and misery

Posted by danity 
Massive goldmine of regret and misery
November 18, 2016
This was mentioned in the fail newspaper who often just copy and paste threads from online and use them as articles. Thanks, Fail!

Lazy Fail article

It's a reddit parenting thread from a duh of 4 who can't remember why he wanted kyds in the first place.
He hates it and can't talk to his wife about his unhappiness because it upsets her.
Cue hoards of parunts chiming in with "Me toooooooo"
Thread here which I won't direct link to:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Parenting/comments/5d0gri/i_cant_remember_why_i_ever_wanted_to_be_a_parent/

They will admit this in the safety of the parenting section but at social gatherings/family dinners/parties it's all "You'll never understand truuue luurve" "Best thing I ever did" "You mustn't luurve your partner" shite.

You're fooling nobody parunts. We know.
Enjoy the schadenfreude.
Re: Massive goldmine of regret and misery
November 18, 2016
Wow, the comments (most of them, anyway) are surprisingly reasonable.
November 18, 2016
So why did the dumbass have to have four kyds before he figured out he hated parenting? Talk about a slow learner! blue hangover face

It takes a child to raze a village.
November 18, 2016
Just think, some of us here were probably loathed mistakes. And I'd wager we were aware of it.

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
November 18, 2016
I was! My (crayzee narc) moo was openly resentful when I was growing up despite going to all the trouble of adopting us. Before that her crayzee narc moo had been resentful of her and her siblings so she hadn't a hope in hell.

It taught me many things but mainly how to entertain myself and keep out of her way and 2) NEVER have kyds!! smug
November 18, 2016
One comment is a grandmoo telling her daughter she'll appreciate her daughter when she is grown and does things that make her proud or thanks her moo for everything she has done for her.

That makes about as much sense as buying a very expensive high maintenance house in an area you hate with a terrible commute just so you can buy a rug you've always wanted for the house. Just buy the rug and put it wherever you live without sacrificing your sanity, time and paycheck.
November 18, 2016
Hold on, let me look in my wallet to see if I have any... no, sorry Duhd, I'm all outa fucks to give. As the old saying goes, you made your bed, now you have to lay in it. And that doesn't mean taking your resentment out on your kids, because that would make you a total shitbag.

Really, if he's that unhappy, he can just leave. He'll be seen as a total bastard for leaving his family and he'll have to pay child support, but he won't have to see the kids again. Or he could disappear to some far off place and change his identity. Or he could stay and be miserable, taking his resentment out on his famblee and anyone who was smart enough not to make the same mistakes he did, which he's probably doing right now.
November 18, 2016
Miss_Hannigan
Just think, some of us here were probably loathed mistakes. And I'd wager we were aware of it.

Absolutely. Despite being planned and parents with the best intentions kids will still drive the majority of parents crazy. I've seen some of the kindest people imaginable pushed to their absolute limits by their kids.
November 18, 2016
Miss_Hannigan

And I know it was an influence on my need to be childfree

Before reddit, duhs like this just went to the corner bar and soaked their woes in cheap draft beer. Could we go back to that please? Please?
November 19, 2016
the noodler
Before reddit, duhs like this just went to the corner bar and soaked their woes in cheap draft beer. Could we go back to that please? Please?

Although I think sympathy is largely unwarranted I'm hoping more stories like this will make people realize there is a choice and what that choice entails. More informed people making active decisions about having children can only be an improvement.
November 19, 2016
Duh must live in the Twilight Zone. He can't remember why he wanted brats in the first place? What he really wanted was bareback sex without the consequences, which was how "let's make a baby" translated to the brain in his pants. The resulting shriekers just didn't compute until it was too late. holding sign: bed made lie
November 19, 2016
yurble
Although I think sympathy is largely unwarranted I'm hoping more stories like this will make people realize there is a choice and what that choice entails. More informed people making active decisions about having children can only be an improvement.

I agree. Too many people are seemingly baffled by the concept that you can choose not to have children. The thought shouldn't be alien; it should be your starting position. "I don't have children; do I want them, can I take care of them, can I make a responsible and productive human being?" rather than "I will have children it's what everyone does wait a minute why doesn't that person have kids and why does my life suck so hard now that I have one?"

aes sedai
He can't remember why he wanted brats in the first place?

Maybe he bought into the bingos. Whatever the case, yes, holding sign: bed made lie
November 19, 2016
It took until FOUR kids for this guy to realize this was a bad idea? Then again, the third and fourth arrived at the same time (twins), and now they're toddlers, so yeah...even if he was on board for kid one and kid two, life probably soured pretty fast after the twins arrived. But...he didn't have to have them.

The comments are fairly sane...suggestions for life outside of kids, counseling, hobbies, etc. It won't make the hellish life go away, but it'll give him some reprieve.
November 19, 2016

I agree. Too many people are seemingly baffled by the concept that you can choose not to have children.

I am without a uterus and in my 50's (tubal in my 30's), and I often look back and reflect on the journey to get where I am today. Threads like this make me think of all the idiots who bingoed me. Even as a child, I was often accused of "thinking too much," and many Breeders seem to hold the view that thinking about one's life is a very bad thing, as in, "OMG WTF BBQ you've got to stop thinking about what it would be like to have kyds, and just go ahead and have them." (Along with other nonsensical drivel such as, "if you wait until the right time or until you have enough money, you'll never have them." (And presumably Earth will fall of its axis.)

It seems to me most of these Breeder idiots didn't think enough.

And why wouldn't or shouldn't you be thinking about so many things, not the least of which is what it will do to your life? That should be your FIRST consideration.
November 19, 2016
I am often accused of same! "You think too much" "You take things too seriously" "If everyone thought like you do, where would we be?" Uh, I dunno, HAPPY???? Maybe we'd have less misery?? It's infuriating!
November 19, 2016
danity
I am often accused of same! "You think too much" "You take things too seriously" "If everyone thought like you do, where would we be?" Uh, I dunno, HAPPY???? Maybe we'd have less misery?? It's infuriating!

Happy and living in harmony with the environment? Not overpopulated? Discouraging children unless they are wanted and not allowing society to pressure/shame adults into becoming parents.
November 20, 2016
I know right? It's almost like I want good things for the world or something! Being irresponsible nowadays earns you a slap on the back.
Have a kid when you can't afford one? Well done you! We'll bail you out! Make responsible choices? Oh, you're too serious! You think too much!!
November 20, 2016
Just imagine if every child was born to parents who were ready emotionally and financially, and who really, really wanted children.

Just imagine.
November 20, 2016
yurble
the noodler

Ooooooh! An Awareness Campaign!! What color shall we pick for the rubber bracelets?
November 20, 2016
I just cannot feel sorry for people who piss and moan about how horrible their lives are when they serial breed. How can it take them more than one kid to realize how much parenthood sucks? Knowing how Duhs are, he probably didn't give a shit how many kids he had because Wifey-Moo would be doing all the cunt work and he gets to fuck her bareback. It's win-win on the surface. Or he probably thought that their lives would be exactly the same, but with a stroller thrown in.

His wife can't understand how he feels, probably because she's doing most of the work raising the fucking kids and most likely feels like, out of the two of them, she should be the one feeling like shit instead of him. I think when people have kids for so long, it fucks with them mentally and they don't know how to be people once those kids are out of the house, or at least not as dependent. They only know how to be parents, which might be why people like this go and have more kids once their other ones are noticeably older.

Wifey-Moo probably wanted more loaves to coo over and Duh was too whipped to say no to sex, hence the twins he now has. I wouldn't be surprised if this was the final nail in the coffin and he divorces his wife just so he doesn't have to deal with his kids on a regular basis anymore.

While I don't feel sorry for these stupid assholes, I'm glad they post their stories so that more people can understand that having kids is not only fully optional, but it fucking SUCKS and is almost never worth it. Honestly, how can you love your kids while wishing you never had them? I hear parents say this a lot, and I think they just say this to save face and not come off as complete monsters to everyone. If you regret something, you cannot possibly love it. The only hope a parent has is if they basically develop Stockholm syndrome and grow to "love" their "captors."

No therapist or counselor is going to be able to fix this moron's life. If Duh wants out of this hellhole he calls an existence, he's either gonna have to leave the country permanently or do a PNA and make sure to cover his tracks so he doesn't get charged or commit suicide. Sure, there's divorce, but paying child support for four brats on top of alimony isn't going to be pretty. He says he's at the end of his rope, and depending on how long you're dangling from the end of that rope, you'll find ways to justify extreme solutions to your troubles.
November 21, 2016
the noodler
yurble
the noodler

Ooooooh! An Awareness Campaign!! What color shall we pick for the rubber bracelets?

Baby-shit brown, with nasal discharge yellow running through it? Vomited milk white? Piss yellow?
November 21, 2016
yurble
the noodler
yurble
the noodler

Baby-shit brown, with nasal discharge yellow running through it? Vomited milk white? Piss yellow?

Great minds because I was just about to say the exact same thing, only that I had the baby shit as green.

And it should glow excessively brightly in the dark and make eardrum-shattering noises at inopportune times to simulate the lack of sleep and quiet.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
November 21, 2016
paragon schnitzophonic
And it should glow excessively brightly in the dark and make eardrum-shattering noises at inopportune times to simulate the lack of sleep and quiet.

Like the congratulations cards that cry and won't shut up.

(I just checked, and those are still available. Am I a totally evil person that when I read "Plays in a trash can or even when they try to lock it away in another room" in the card's description, my first thought was, "Just like the real thing"?)
November 25, 2016
yurble
the noodler
yurble
the noodler

What did I eve miss while I was gone?!?!?!?!?!?! wide-eyed freak out But it should be. That wonderfully depressingl 70s mustard yellow would be an ideal color for this "awareness campaign" because it reflects the misery and incompetence of a spineless duh who had no will of his own and went through with something that not only makes his own life miserable, but makes those kids (who definitely notice that Duhddy is not invested) even more miserable. It's them I feel sorry for.

*The rubber used to make those bracelets should be scented with all of the above.devil with smile
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login