Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

More abortion prosecutions rusty chainsaw

Posted by Peace 
More abortion prosecutions rusty chainsaw
November 21, 2016
Read the charges against her: aggravated assault with a weapon, attempted procurement of a miscarriage, and attempted criminal abortion.

They're criminalizing self-induced miscarriages now. How long will it be until EVERY miscarriage is eyed as a potential murder?? How long will it be until Roe v Wade is abolished, and these charges become the law of the land, as most states have abotion bans on their books that will automatically become law as soon as Roe V Wade is done?

With Trump, Pence, and his cabal of goons, the House and Senate all dark red now, it's not a matter of IF, it's just WHEN Roe v Wade will be overturned.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/2016/11/17/tennessee_woman_charged_with_three_felonies_for_coat_hanger_abortion.html
Re: More abortion prosecutions rusty chainsaw
November 21, 2016
I think of it this way....all these idiots screaming about how bad birth control is and how bad feminism is will get a taste of being a 2nd class citizen once again. It's sad but I think it's needed to remind them.

"It is better not to look like what you are; it is better to look like a bourgeois woman because then all the doors are open for you and then you can just go and make hell." - Marjane Satrapi
November 21, 2016
Why don't they just come out and say they hate women instead of making up gender-specific charges? They make it damn near impossible for women to get abortions in some places, so when those women become very desperate and attempt to end their pregnancies themselves, they might get thrown in jail for it.

You'd think any politician with a brain cell would get that better access to birth control as well as better birth control awareness could prevent the need for as many abortions. Limiting or eliminating access to preventative contraception is just going to result in more pregnancies and, as you might guess, more women putting their lives at risk attempting to perform DIY abortions.

What the fuck kind of a shithole do we live in where we're a first-world country, yet some women need to resort to crude, self-induced, life-threatening medical procedures? It's no secret that at-home abortions are dangerous, so obviously the women who do them are scared and desperate. Should that alone not be enough proof that abortions are necessary medical procedures? If there is a way to somewhat safely induce a miscarriage at home, I feel like most women should learn how to do it in the event the worst happens and abortion and birth control are outlawed. I've read that menstrual extraction is very similar to early surgical abortion and can be used for that purpose, if done correctly.
November 21, 2016
We're a first world country that let's the religious create laws instead of making equal laws for everyone. There are plants that can start contractions including fennel. I agree that all women should learn how to terminate an unwanted pregnancy. Using plants seem to be the safest way to cause contractions with little need to go to the doctor for uncontrolled bleeding which means not getting investigated.....for now.

"It is better not to look like what you are; it is better to look like a bourgeois woman because then all the doors are open for you and then you can just go and make hell." - Marjane Satrapi
November 21, 2016
addiea raine
I think of it this way....all these idiots screaming about how bad birth control is and how bad feminism is will get a taste of being a 2nd class citizen once again. It's sad but I think it's needed to remind them.

Yup. All of this. Warnings are all around of the impending pruning of women's rights with respect to their specialty organs. But they didn't listen and I've done what I could so when I hear a young female bitch down the road about their shortage of choices ill smile and think of my husbands vasectomy and be glad that all of that worry is no longer my problem. I hope all here that could be affected are able to get what they need for the next 4 years and maybe beyond.
November 22, 2016
I'm worried about the crime wave that will start 15 years after abortions are made criminal. It's completely predictable. Crime rates correlate perfectly with the availability of abortions a couple decades before. So, thanks, politicians, from every future victim of a crime committed by an unwanted teenager who should have been aborted.

Notice that it's only crime rates that go up when you outlaw abortion, not innovation. Seriously, are any of the pro-lifers concerned about this oft-neglected side-effect that always happens when they get their way?
November 22, 2016
I learned that herbal miscarriages existed reading a medieval romance novel during my teen years. Intrigued, I wanted to learn more, so I researched online. I have some useful links for members and lurkers.

Sister Zeus Herb List
Sister Zeus Abortion Table of Contents
Sister Zeus main page. Useful links.
Old logins don't work. Donate for ebook.

Fundys can't take away miscarriage inducing herbs that God created.
November 22, 2016
Seriously, are any of the pro-lifers concerned about this oft-neglected side-effect that always happens when they get their way?

Why would they care? The majority of proliars I know all live in swank areas with low crime and good schools.
November 22, 2016
@shylurker

I can't remember the name of the herb that was used for these purposes that grew in the Mediterranean area, but it was actually picked to extinction.
November 22, 2016
I remember reading there is some law in some states where someone can be charged for harming a fetus intentionally. Something like if a drunk driver hits a car causing a pregant woman to miscarry the charges would be worse. I also remember people saying that things like that would not give fetuses any rights, only if it was obviously wanted. But the pro-liars will find any loophole. If a wanted fetus dies to to negliance and there are extra charges then that can be used to charge a woman trying to abort.
November 22, 2016
happyhiker
Seriously, are any of the pro-lifers concerned about this oft-neglected side-effect that always happens when they get their way?

No. Absolutely none. All they're worried about is "omg a fetus is a baybeeee, and you're a horrible worthless piece of shit for not worshiping it!!!!1!"

Remember, these are the people who worship fetuses and want to cut programs that help people who are already born, contributing to society, and...you know...ACTUAL PEOPLE. The mother is an incubator, and the fetus is a Divine Gift From God. Pro-lifers have no concept of reality or statistics or facts. If they did, and they really wanted to stop abortions, they'd be funding the hell out of Planned Parenthood and any other programs that taught people how to prevent pregnancy and provided birth control options, because the best way of preventing abortions is to prevent unwanted pregnancies (duh). If they really cared about babies, that's what they'd be doing. But they're following religious edicts, and religions (the major ones, anyway) don't want to prevent pregnancies, because they want more (donating) members. It isn't in their best interests to prevent unwanted pregnancies, it's in their best interests for force women to go through with them.

Ugh. Done ranting. smiling smiley
November 22, 2016
kittehpeoples
happyhiker

No. Absolutely none. All they're worried about is "omg a fetus is a baybeeee, and you're a horrible worthless piece of shit for not worshiping it!!!!1!"

Remember, these are the people who worship fetuses and want to cut programs that help people who are already born, contributing to society, and...you know...ACTUAL PEOPLE. The mother is an incubator, and the fetus is a Divine Gift From God. Pro-lifers have no concept of reality or statistics or facts. If they did, and they really wanted to stop abortions, they'd be funding the hell out of Planned Parenthood and any other programs that taught people how to prevent pregnancy and provided birth control options, because the best way of preventing abortions is to prevent unwanted pregnancies (duh). If they really cared about babies, that's what they'd be doing. But they're following religious edicts, and religions (the major ones, anyway) don't want to prevent pregnancies, because they want more (donating) members. It isn't in their best interests to prevent unwanted pregnancies, it's in their best interests for force women to go through with them.

Ugh. Done ranting. smiling smiley

I don't think they really care about the fetus, either. The obvious hatred of women and female sexual agency is, well, obvious. And that is why contraceptives cannot be supported: they enable female emancipation and allow non-procreative sex.
November 22, 2016
yurble
I don't think they really care about the fetus, either. The obvious hatred of women and female sexual agency is, well, obvious. And that is why contraceptives cannot be supported: they enable female emancipation and allow non-procreative sex.

Excellent point (and definitely part of the problem), but the pro-lifers I know are seriously caught up in the idea that an abortion is the equivalent of tearing an actual baby into pieces. They've definitely drunk the kool aid.

I have no doubt that a huge number of them across the board, though (particularly men), think exactly as you suggest-- fuck the fetus, we just can't let women get all uppity. But some of them really do think fetus=baby. That kind of brainwashing is hard to combat.
November 22, 2016
Fetus fetishists
November 22, 2016
kittehpeoples
yurble

Excellent point (and definitely part of the problem), but the pro-lifers I know are seriously caught up in the idea that an abortion is the equivalent of tearing an actual baby into pieces. They've definitely drunk the kool aid.

I have no doubt that a huge number of them across the board, though (particularly men), think exactly as you suggest-- fuck the fetus, we just can't let women get all uppity. But some of them really do think fetus=baby. That kind of brainwashing is hard to combat.

Anyone who genuinely thinks fetus = baby ought to be in favor of increased access to contraception and sex education, two methods which have been demonstrated to reduce unwanted pregnancies and thereby abortions. Anyone who doesn't support those measures is first and foremost interested in controlling female sexuality. If a fetus was most important they would accept things they don't like (contraceptives, sex ed) for the sake of reducing fetus fatalities.
November 22, 2016
The only downside to herbal abortion is it's incredibly unreliable. It has to be done very early in the pregnancy, like no later than six weeks along. Then you usually have to take your herbs of choice constantly for several days (including all through the night) and even if you do everything right, you could still stay pregnant and need to get an abortion anyway. Aside from women who are "TTCing" and take piss tests every single day, most women don't know they're pregnant until they're anywhere from six weeks to several months along.

I think a lot of pro-lifers believe that a fully-formed infant manifests the second conception occurs and then it just gets bigger over the course of the pregnancy. Must be why they think aborted fetuses will write their mothers poetic propaganda prose from heaven about how much it hurt to be "murdered by Mommy." And they'll yammer on about how abortion stops a beating heart and all that shit, but there's much more to life than a fucking heartbeat. A machine can beat your heart for you while you're otherwise dead.

Abortions are not fun. I don't think any woman out there has ever gotten pregnant just so she could abort, but it is nevertheless a necessary procedure, whether the woman doesn't want kids, isn't ready for them or the fetus either is dead or has a problem that is "incompatible with life." Making something illegal won't stop people from using it or doing it. When has outlawing anything made people stop doing it? Do pro-lifers also realize that outlawing abortion and pregnancy prevention will most likely result in a surge of infant deaths? If a woman can't "murder" her "baby" before it's born, she might just do it after it's born instead. But I guess killing a born infant that can feel pain isn't nearly as bad as aborting a fetus that can't think, see or feel.
November 23, 2016
If she aborts the fetus before birth, she's a murderer. If it "accidentally" gets left in a hot car/falls into an animal enclosure/drowns in a river after it is born, she has suffered enough.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
November 23, 2016
These idiots started gaining more power and i noticed, quite sadly, that some of the people i know and i thought to be CF are turning to the "ban abortion, hail traditional family". I knew few of these people through two CF friends and i used to follow them until they started with this nonsense. One of them called me a "stinky leftist poisoned by feminist ideology" when i dared to mention that i'm CF because not wanting kids goes against the norm of traditional family which is the basis of society. This dude doesn't have kids, is against marriage, is much older than me and on several occasions stated that he can't stand kids but wants abortion banned in all cases, no exception, together with emergency contraception. And if you disagree with him on any issue, you are a filthy leftist. Which is funny because i have no political affiliation.
And he supports this kind of people. This is an article stating that birth control makes women ugly crazy sluts.

This dude and his amigos also make lots of noise about how the state shouldn't control their life but they have no problem with banning abortions and emergency contraception. See any double standard here?

Unfortunately, i did notice that when it comes to ban abortion crowd, at least online, men are the most vocal about it. Instead of wasting time and energy with controlling women's bodies, they should channel that into supporting birth control for men. Last time i checked, trials for men's birth control were stopped because they complained of the side effects that women had to put on with for years.
November 23, 2016
I agree with and support so much of what you are all saying here that I don't know where to start. Maybe I can just sum it up with "most pro-lifers and breeders are idiots, and the ones who aren't idiots have a misogynist agenda"?

In short, and to quote Douglas Adams, people are a problem.
November 26, 2016
blackpearl
These idiots started gaining more power and i noticed, quite sadly, that some of the people i know and i thought to be CF are turning to the "ban abortion, hail traditional family". I knew few of these people through two CF friends and i used to follow them until they started with this nonsense. One of them called me a "stinky leftist poisoned by feminist ideology" when i dared to mention that i'm CF because not wanting kids goes against the norm of traditional family which is the basis of society. This dude doesn't have kids, is against marriage, is much older than me and on several occasions stated that he can't stand kids but wants abortion banned in all cases, no exception, together with emergency contraception. And if you disagree with him on any issue, you are a filthy leftist. Which is funny because i have no political affiliation.
And he supports this kind of people. This is an article stating that birth control makes women ugly crazy sluts.

This dude and his amigos also make lots of noise about how the state shouldn't control their life but they have no problem with banning abortions and emergency contraception. See any double standard here?

Unfortunately, i did notice that when it comes to ban abortion crowd, at least online, men are the most vocal about it. Instead of wasting time and energy with controlling women's bodies, they should channel that into supporting birth control for men. Last time i checked, trials for men's birth control were stopped because they complained of the side effects that women had to put on with for years.

Jesus, blackpearl, do we hang out in the same social. circles?

PS... I miss your avatar.
November 26, 2016
"he can't stand kids but wants abortion banned in all cases, no exception, together with emergency contraception"

I wonder if that is the breeding war mentality triggered "those people" They are fearful of immigrants coming into Finland, so there is a need for more white Finnish baybees to outnumber foreigners. People like that go on about "those people" breeding like roaches, but feel that whites should breed like roaches against the enemy if it is required
November 26, 2016
the noodler
Jesus, blackpearl, do we hang out in the same social. circles?

PS... I miss your avatar.

I guess so grinning smiley Or maybe it's because quite many people seem to go mad nowadays. People who were otherwise moderate and open-minded make a total shift, just like breeders who say that they never wanted kids and all of a sudden get knocked-up and start singing a different tune. Did you see what happened recently in Poland that they wanted to ban abortion for good? In Poland abortion is already banned with some exceptions (rape, endangered mother-fetus life) but no, they wanted it banned even in those cases. In Finland there was a petition which aimed to give medical personnel liberty to deny abortions (not that they don't do that already) and it got enough supporters to be passed on. Fortunately it was voted down.thumbs up Why the f*ck do you want to go into that medical field if you don't want to do abortions? Jeez, choose another medical field, there are plenty!angry smiley

Was it the avatar with Sonya from Madagascar? I also miss the avatars. grinning smiley

@cfdavep: Yes, he is part of that crowd and he actually makes lots of noise to support the white traditional family.
November 26, 2016
Ah yes. The old breed for the white race.
My now deep red girlfriend always talks of how she loves living in the country/sticks and then out of one side of her mouth she makes a comment about how nice that there are few if any persons of color in her community. She didn't use that phrase (persons of color).

Then another day out of the other side of her mouth, the proliars side, she says that if the BLM community is concerned and wondering where all their members are that they should check the dumpster behind PP. Suddenly those lives matter to her if they're still in utero.

I know she hates kids for the most part and her husband is fixed but she has also hinted that she should have had some because the Muslims are taking over. Maybe I should find new friends.....
November 26, 2016
cfdavep
I wonder if that is the breeding war mentality triggered "those people" They are fearful of immigrants coming into Finland, so there is a need for more white Finnish baybees to outnumber foreigners. People like that go on about "those people" breeding like roaches, but feel that whites should breed like roaches against the enemy if it is required

That's kinda one of the reasons abortion and birth control was banned in the late 1800s. People were so afraid of immigrants and Catholics that they literally pushed for white, Protestant women to birth until the died.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login