Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Apartment/ Flat/ Condo Dwelling and Associated Fees....and Brats

Posted by creativelycf 
Apartment/ Flat/ Condo Dwelling and Associated Fees....and Brats
November 22, 2016
I've been thinking on this for a few days now and want to start a topic to put it out there. If anyone wants to vent about living in one of the above-mentioned dwellings and their stupid rules, regulations, fees etc this is a place you can do so.

As some of you know from my previous posts, I am an apartment dweller and I have an orange tabby cat, C. I've had him almost a year now and when I moved here I had to pay my rent, damage deposit and an additional (non-refundable) pet deposit of $250. I also pay an extra $25 / month for C. It's stupid, I know. But I couldn't give him up, so I sucked it up. My building also allows small animals including small dogs which I don't think should be allowed because they bark, mess on the floor and are annoying. Believe me, a dog's bark really echoes in the hallway.

What I don't get is this: they charge exorbitant fees to have an animal in the building that may do damage but yet, brats are allowed. I know, the parunts pay a damage deposit but that's it, one time. There should be a fee for each kid brought into the building and an additional fee every month, just like pets. The little buggers can do a lot more damage than most animals especially since they limit what can be bought in. For example, drawing on walls, smeared feces, spills that aren't cleaned properly, damaging walls and floors, general mischief. The little buggers are destructive! Not to mention they are incredibly noisy and loud which can be quite disruptive to everyone around them. For example , there's a little brat that usually cries in the afternoon and wakes up in the middle of the night, pretty much every night, bawling. The parunts like to slam doors which will make the brat cry more.I can hear it loud n clear from my place and sometimes I need a nap in the afternoon and I can't sleep and I certainly don't like being woken up in the middle of the night. Can anything be done about it? No; because Kyd...

If there were fees for kyds as there are for pets, we would have less famblee's renting and more adult only buildings. A child doesn't belong cooped up inside a small apartment all day. They need the space to run, play and burn off some energy. Not to mention thin walls allow sound to travel and it becomes disruptive for other tenants.Yet, that's fine. If another tenant plays music too loud, or their guitar or tv etc than they get shit on for it.

I could only imagine as well what the rental company pays out to have units fixed up to rent again after famblee's move out.

I'd like to hear some of your stories, fellow dwellers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
They are having children for selfish and narcissistic reasons, or are simply irresponsible. Funny... Those are the terms often used to describe the CF

~Live, Laugh, Love~
Re: Apartment/ Flat/ Condo Dwelling and Associated Fees....and Brats
November 22, 2016
I'm in a condo and the breeders here think it's a great idea to flush disposable diapers. Once a month I get an email or a knock on the door saying maintenance has to shut off the water for an emergency plumbing job. Once water is restored there's a note on the building door reminding everyone to only flush toilet paper. I ran for the condo board on the platform that the unit owner should pay for these plumbing emergencies, but got the you don't know how hhaaarrddddd it is to have a babby. Bright side is it hasn't happened for a few months. Either they moved out or the brat is housebroken.

Now the breeders upstairs let their 3 (5 on weekends) he brats run wild. They run up and down the stairs and pound on doors and run away. I told the moo if they do it again I'm calling the police. If the brats want to come inside they pound on the building door until someone not the moo or duh opens the door. I complained to the condo board, management company, and the breeders and all I hear is they're kyds and I should be happy they're getting exercise. They have kyds and can't afford the extra building key fee of $25 and I should pay the fee so each brat can have a key if the noise bothers me so much.

Other brats decided to play farmer and tear out the landscaping, this is considered cute and a teaching moment about what farmers do. Of course at the annual meeting the same people complain about the increased condo fees due to plumbing emergencies and damage to landscaping that has to be repaired. My motions to make the breeders responsible for the damage pay for the damage is always shot down. Then I'm told I need to be more welcoming to the breeders and organize brat centric events. My time is valuable and I offered to do it for a reasonable fee [plus my 50% PITA premium].

We also get told we're selfish for buying a two bedroom unit and not breeding. All the fucking time.

The dogs are way quieter and better behaved than the brats. Pretty much stuck here until Takeo retires in 10 years or so.
November 22, 2016
It has nothing to do with what the apartment wants to do. Every landlord knows that small children are destructive. However, most countries have laws which prohibit charging more for children or refusing to rent to families.

Which of course sucks not only for the landlords but for the neighbors who don't want to be around them. I wish they'd adopt a different approach, such as requiring a certain number of "child friendly" apartments proportional to the percentage of the population, but allowing for the creation of "child free", low-noise apartments for the benefit of those of us whose mental health suffers from the absence of a quiet home. As far as I'm concerned, it's a quality of life issue...I know I was so close to snapping when I lived in an apartment surrounded by noisy assholes. If I can't retreat from the world, I become quite stressed, and I'm not even as introverted as some people.
November 22, 2016
I never understood that shit either. Kids can do far more damage and cause far more disruption than pets can, yet pet owners have to pay extra to have their non-human companions join them in their apartments. Landlords might be worried about pets pissing and shitting on the floor, but a lot of brats do that too. And you show me a cat or dog or bird that will scribble all over the wall with a permanent marker or will run up and down all the floors screaming bloody murder because it can. And Dog help any landlord who rents to elimination communication parents - every fucking surface in the apartment will be soaked with filth. No security deposit will cover the cost of fixing everything an EC Moo wrecks.

It didn't used to be this way. I found some old local newspapers from the 80s and looked through them. In the rental section, every single apartment that was up for rent specified "no children allowed." Only one or two also said "no pets," though. So what changed since then that made people unable to refuse to rent to parents? There are communities exclusively for people 55 and older, so why can housing and age discrimination work in that sense, but not in a way to specifically keep minors out? Why can't parents and childfree people just have their own special housing? Well, parents do pretty much already have their own apartments - it's called Section 8 housing. But why is it bad to have a living space for people who don't feel like paying to listen to other people's kids screech all day and night? I'd say that the closest you could get to a childfree living space is a college dorm since most dorms do not allow non-students to live in them (including precious cherubs), but the downside is you have to listen to 20-year-old infants screaming and puking all night long instead of 2-year-old ones.

I think if we could somehow eliminate the My Child Belongs EverywhereTM attitude, we could have childless apartments.
November 23, 2016
When we first started living together, my now-husband and I lived in a townhouse apartment complex for three years. It was a really nice place, for the first two years at least (more on that later). In order to have our cat we had to pay a $250 deposit and then $40 extra a month. Because animals are so destructive, of course.

The third year we lived there, it started to go to shit. It was purchased by new management, and they must have changed their policies because a lower class of people began to move in. Large families, noise, trash, and cops became the norm. When it came time for us to sign the new lease we saw that our monthly rent would skyrocket. We decided to sign another year, with the expectation that we would break the lease in six months and would have to pay the $1000 penalty. We factored this 1k into our home purchasing costs.

At the end of the six months, we have purchased our new home. It is time to pay our penalty fee and leave. We have about two weeks overlap between closing on the home and the lease expiring. In those two weeks we move out and clean the place from top to bottom. The manager comes for the final inspection. She is shocked by the perfect state of our apartment! It is so clean! Nothing is damaged! Most tenants leave their apartments a wreck, but this place is beautiful! It will need minimal work before it is put back on the market!

Here I was, worried she'd be pissed about the nail holes in the wall where I hung pictures. And of course, the dirty, dirty animal had been living there the entire time.

We sign the paperwork and receive the final invoice, which has been drawn up by the same woman that did the inspection. We get our entire security deposit back (one month's rent). But the $1K penalty is not on there. We do not say a word. "You guys have been great tenants. Sorry to see you go. Good luck with your new home."

Did she forget the penalty fee, or did she "forget" it? We will never know.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
November 23, 2016
hana
I ran for the condo board on the platform that the unit owner should pay for these plumbing emergencies, but got the you don't know how hhaaarrddddd it is to have a babby.

I would suggest that someone whine to them about how hhaaarrddddd it is to be a plumber who has to pull dirty diapers out of the sewage pipes, or how hhaaarrddddd it is to pay for an emergency that some breeder moron caused, but that would be a waste of your time. Breeders are all about themselves and have zero empathy for anyone else. hitting head against a brick wall
November 23, 2016
kittehpeoples
hana
I ran for the condo board on the platform that the unit owner should pay for these plumbing emergencies, but got the you don't know how hhaaarrddddd it is to have a babby.

I would suggest that someone whine to them about how hhaaarrddddd it is to be a plumber who has to pull dirty diapers out of the sewage pipes, or how hhaaarrddddd it is to pay for an emergency that some breeder moron caused, but that would be a waste of your time. Breeders are all about themselves and have zero empathy for anyone else. hitting head against a brick wall

Pretty much which is why I bring this stuff up at the annual meeting when they announce the annual condo fee hike.

Bright side is that breeder got evicted. She got a housing subsidy from the county for being a single moo, but lost the subsidy and kicked out of the condo for running an illegal laundry service using the condo's laundry machines and running an unlicensed daycare. She didn't declare the income so no more subsidy, and condo rules prohibit using condo resources for personal gain.
November 23, 2016
hana
Bright side is that breeder got evicted. She got a housing subsidy from the county for being a single moo, but lost the subsidy and kicked out of the condo for running an illegal laundry service using the condo's laundry machines and running an unlicensed daycare. She didn't declare the income so no more subsidy, and condo rules prohibit using condo resources for personal gain.

Wow, that's...ballsy. Using the condo's washers, AND running an unlicensed daycare, both while taking money she didn't deserve...she just reeked of entitlement all over the place, didn't she?
November 23, 2016
Every apartment in my area allows pets because they would alienate too many potential renters if they didn't. But they all charge the $250 nonrefundable deposit plus an extra $20 per month per pet with a maximum of two pets. The lease at my last place said something like "we consider pets to be a potentially serious hazard to health and safety". And they think brats are not?

Both the apartment complexes I rented from changed management and started letting in a much lower class of people. I wonder why they all do that? I was especially pissed when the second place did that. This apartment complex has a lot of history, and they started blatantly catering to low income people. One of the effects was tons of breeders with feral free-range brats moved in. When the management is good people control their little monsters.
November 24, 2016
One reason for having the low class of people is that the apartment management gets a tax break when they rent to breeders who have Section 8 vouchers. But some management companies will not do that, one way to know if you get a good apartment is to ask if they take Section 8, some do not and if you can pay (as CF people do) you might get a decent place.

I would wonder if some of these management companies just want the "thrill" of getting a tax break for section 8 because it is a way of getting out of paying federal taxes. I don't think it makes any difference to how profitable the place is, as the consumers (tenants in this case) pay the taxes with their rent.
November 24, 2016
These problems are easily solved by removing the nanny state from the equation. Private property is just that, private. Landlords and tenants should be able to do business freely. Landords should be able to rent to whomever they want. Tenants should be able to negotiate the best possible terms for their dwelling.

If landlords don't wish to rent to those with children or pets, that's fine. Other landlords will specialize in creating dwellings suitable for both children and pets.
November 27, 2016
hana
I'm in a condo and the breeders here think it's a great idea to flush disposable diapers. Once a month I get an email or a knock on the door saying maintenance has to shut off the water for an emergency plumbing job. Once water is restored there's a note on the building door reminding everyone to only flush toilet paper. I ran for the condo board on the platform that the unit owner should pay for these plumbing emergencies, but got the you don't know how hhaaarrddddd it is to have a babby. Bright side is it hasn't happened for a few months. Either they moved out or the brat is housebroken.

Now the breeders upstairs let their 3 (5 on weekends) he brats run wild. They run up and down the stairs and pound on doors and run away. I told the moo if they do it again I'm calling the police. If the brats want to come inside they pound on the building door until someone not the moo or duh opens the door. I complained to the condo board, management company, and the breeders and all I hear is they're kyds and I should be happy they're getting exercise. They have kyds and can't afford the extra building key fee of $25 and I should pay the fee so each brat can have a key if the noise bothers me so much.

Other brats decided to play farmer and tear out the landscaping, this is considered cute and a teaching moment about what farmers do. Of course at the annual meeting the same people complain about the increased condo fees due to plumbing emergencies and damage to landscaping that has to be repaired. My motions to make the breeders responsible for the damage pay for the damage is always shot down. Then I'm told I need to be more welcoming to the breeders and organize brat centric events. My time is valuable and I offered to do it for a reasonable fee [plus my 50% PITA premium].

We also get told we're selfish for buying a two bedroom unit and not breeding. All the fucking time.

The dogs are way quieter and better behaved than the brats. Pretty much stuck here until Takeo retires in 10 years or so.

My parents once lived in a condo complex like that. Plumbers were there at least once a month to do a drain cleanout from people flushing diapers. People were told over and over not to do it, but they did it anyway. Also, the people with children wanted everything to be changed to accommodate their kids. A group of parents went as far as filing a housing discrimination complaint because the condo board wouldn't convert a common area into a playground. They tried to claim because it was originally an adults only complex, they were being discriminated against. Fortunately, the Fair Housing investigator said the management can't keep kids out, but doesn't have to provide facilities for them. One for the good guys.

However, there were issues with pet owners too. People didn't always clean up after them and when told to do so, they would scoop up their after their animals, put the waste in plastic supermarket bags, and flush those, of course triggering another drain cleanout. Not a pleasant experience.
November 27, 2016
Okay, the horror stories about condos and flushing unauthorized items down the toilet have me spooked enough to stay away from buying one. I can see a kid flushing a diaper once but for adults to do that is ridiculous. Are they too lazy to put a diaper in the garbage? The condo has to spend maintenance fees/dues on a monthly plumber visit because of idiots. Brats tearing up the landscaping and making noise and parunts demanding playgrounds....just what a quiet courtyard needs...a bunch of noisy brats screaming their heads off. No thanks!

The last renters that were in my place prior to me were from out of the country and apparently experienced a learning curve with figuring out what could be processed in the garbage disposal.
November 30, 2016
freya
Okay, the horror stories about condos and flushing unauthorized items down the toilet have me spooked enough to stay away from buying one. I can see a kid flushing a diaper once but for adults to do that is ridiculous. Are they too lazy to put a diaper in the garbage? The condo has to spend maintenance fees/dues on a monthly plumber visit because of idiots. Brats tearing up the landscaping and making noise and parunts demanding playgrounds....just what a quiet courtyard needs...a bunch of noisy brats screaming their heads off. No thanks!

The last renters that were in my place prior to me were from out of the country and apparently experienced a learning curve with figuring out what could be processed in the garbage disposal.

My mom lives in a second floor unit condo. She hates the downstairs (((owners))) and tells my sister that if, not when, if, she dies, to make sure the downstairs people pay full asking price for her unit if they try to buy it, as she has one hell of an awesome view (Phoenix suburb with beautiful mountains and a huuuuuuuuge fountain).

I don't know why she hates these people so much but she didn't bitch when they were obligated to help finance roof repairs.

Yea, I don't talk to mom much for a reason (no contact since mid July! I'm so proud of myself for not caving in and calling).

Sorry for the non-cf post but man, my mom can be nasty sometimes and it is a thread about condo ownership, soooooooo.
Hana - the kids playing 'farmer' is deliberate destruction of property and the breeders should be billed to fix it. Those flowers are there for everyone's enjoyment, not just their feral brats whom they don't teach any better. Parents should get the kids to buzz their unit when they want back in or pay the damned fee and get extra keys (which the kid will promptly lose) if they want their feral brats to get some exercise.

I wouldn't buy a condo either. Around here, the fees on top of your mortgage can easily reach the $500-$600 mark in the city. People wonder why condo fees are so high - because of breeders and their brats who continually destroy the property because they are cooped up inside / aren't taught any better. Breeders should be responsible for any repairs that have to happen because of them or their brats. If they can't afford repairs, fees, etc then they shouldn't be living there.

I also agree that there should be childfree apartments. The rent could actually be reasonable and the dwelling nice. We could actually have some peace and quiet while living in a little piece of paradise. Oh, we could also have more amenities on site that could be 'dangerous' to brats, like a pool, a gym, rec room area with pool table etc.

ETA - This has got me thinking, I should try and create said apartment building in Total Miner:Forge.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
They are having children for selfish and narcissistic reasons, or are simply irresponsible. Funny... Those are the terms often used to describe the CF

~Live, Laugh, Love~
November 30, 2016
creativelycf, I completely agree. I took photos of the brats and took them to the condo office, I was told they're kids and not harming anything. I ran for the condo board on the platform of people should be responsible for their actions and the rest of us shouldn't pay for it with higher condo fees. I came in last. Been talking to the long term residents and trying to get them to complain to management. They written me off as a child hating crackpot, but they'll listen to retired first responders.

Takeo bought the condo before we met and he did it because he was tired of doing yardwork and maintenance. He bought before the real estate boom and even with the condo fee hike we're paying about market rate for a 2 bedroom apartment in our neighborhood. Told him we will never buy a condo or a house with a HOA. We're here until Takeo retires and we move to his hometown where the only rule seems to be don't let your meth lab explode because it upsets the livestock.
Here's another one I just experienced:

There are a total of 18 apartments in this building. The laundry room has 2 washers and 2 dryers for the residents use.

Earlier this evening, I went down to put in a load of laundry. Both dryers were going with 35 minutes left on them. I thought 'perfect' because that's how long it takes the machine to wash a load.

Now, I am usually pretty prompt in going down and switching my laundry, out of courtesy. But this time, I admit I lost track of time and when I realized, immediately rushed down to switch it over. Guess what? The breeders clothes were still there! I assumed both dryers that were being used were their stuff because of the slobbering mess makers they have..Little onesies, hats, etc...of course. I opened one dryer and took out the clothes, laying it on top of the other dryer. I would have done this, dried or not. Out of common courtesy for other residents, you should get your clothes as soon as or shortly after they are done.

When I just went back down to get my clothes from the dryer (On time I might add) guess what? The clothes were STILL THERE!

Obviously no consideration for other tenants. Dam breeders......

I'm off to fold and put away my laundry while it's still warm from the dryer....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Live, Laugh, Love~
December 10, 2016
creativelycf

There are a total of 18 apartments in this building. The laundry room has 2 washers and 2 dryers for the residents use.

Earlier this evening, I went down to put in a load of laundry. Both dryers were going with 35 minutes left on them. I thought 'perfect' because that's how long it takes the machine to wash a load.

Now, I am usually pretty prompt in going down and switching my laundry, out of courtesy. But this time, I admit I lost track of time and when I realized, immediately rushed down to switch it over. Guess what? The breeders clothes were still there! I assumed both dryers that were being used were their stuff because of the slobbering mess makers they have..Little onesies, hats, etc...of course. I opened one dryer and took out the clothes, laying it on top of the other dryer. I would have done this, dried or not. Out of common courtesy for other residents, you should get your clothes as soon as or shortly after they are done.

When I just went back down to get my clothes from the dryer (On time I might add) guess what? The clothes were STILL THERE!

I'm off to fold and put away my laundry while it's still warm from the dryer....

About a month ago, I ran into a similar situation at a shared laundry facility where my boyfriend lives.
When I went to put in two loads of laundry, the machines were all busy with four washing machines stopped but full of wet laundry.

A person in there saw me checking and said that a woman put in the loads at opening time 9am and her laundry was still in the machines 2 hours later (25 min wash time).
I removed the loads (mostly kid's clothes) to fill all of the rolling baskets and did my laundry.

At the end of an additional two hours, as my laundry was finished, the woman came tearing in and in an angry and accusatory tone was shouting about "Who touched my laundry?"
I asked how long it had been in there and she was evasive.
She countered with " I paid for those machines, so no one should touch my stuff"

I clarified that she had paid for 25 minutes of rental of the machines and that a further 28 loads (ie $50 income) might be needed by the 300 residents since her rental time was up and pointed to the "Remove your items from the machines immediately " sign.
Due to her irrational anger, I never admitted that it was me, but also did not back down from giving her my opinion before I left.
December 10, 2016
creativelycf

Almost a year ago I lived in an 8 apartment complex. Compared to what I had to deal with regarding the wash and drying machines, breeders would have been pristine examples of cleanliness. I'm not kidding.

No one ever cleaned the laundry room, nor did they close the door and lock it which caused frequent burst pipes. Vagrants took to using it like a hotel. There was an inch of dirt, lint, leaves and Dog knows what else everywhere. Teens used the machines as their personal piggy banks. They'd bash em and collect the coins. All manner of drugs were consumed, and I know of at least one man who was beaten within an inch of his life in that room.

The cherry on this sundae? The washing machines were used as toilets. I saw a big human turd sitting in the wash machine one fine afternoon, and that was the VERY LAST TIME I ever used those pieces of shit.

From then after, I used a one gallon bucket and what looks like a plunger but isn't to clean my clothes in my bath tub.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
December 10, 2016
cassia
creativelycf

About a month ago, I ran into a similar situation at a shared laundry facility where my boyfriend lives.
When I went to put in two loads of laundry, the machines were all busy with four washing machines stopped but full of wet laundry.

A person in there saw me checking and said that a woman put in the loads at opening time 9am and her laundry was still in the machines 2 hours later (25 min wash time).
I removed the loads (mostly kid's clothes) to fill all of the rolling baskets and did my laundry.

At the end of an additional two hours, as my laundry was finished, the woman came tearing in and in an angry and accusatory tone was shouting about "Who touched my laundry?"
I asked how long it had been in there and she was evasive.
She countered with " I paid for those machines, so no one should touch my stuff"

I clarified that she had paid for 25 minutes of rental of the machines and that a further 28 loads (ie $50 income) might be needed by the 300 residents since her rental time was up and pointed to the "Remove your items from the machines immediately " sign.
Due to her irrational anger, I never admitted that it was me, but also did not back down from giving her my opinion before I left.

Guess that's one bright side of illegal laundry moo being busted is the condo association made new very strict rules on the laundry room. You can use only one washer and dryer at a time with a maximum of two loads every 24 hours. No exceptions and they converted the machines so you need a laundry card tied to your apartment number. If you need to do additional laundry, your options are pony up money for an in unit washer/dryer, or go to the laundrette a half mile away. Takeo and I have an in unit washer/dryer and only used the laundry room a handful of times. People are abiding by the rules and are pretty good about getting their laundry out on time. The Laundry Police that pounded on my door about clothes in the washer or dryer was illegal laundry moo, but I didn't know it at the time.
December 10, 2016
hana
We're here until Takeo retires and we move to his hometown where the only rule seems to be don't let your meth lab explode because it upsets the livestock.

LOL :::plonk::: dead bouncing and laughing bouncing and laughing bouncing and laughing

We have a scary situation next door. The childless/childfree(?) people who rented the house with a large, fenced yard moved out last weekend. The landlord made a brief inspection and left happy because the place was clean and in good shape. However, it is a 3 bedroom house on a quiet road, with a yard that is fenced into sections: front and back. Our hope is that potential famblee-types take note of the pasture across the road, inhabited by a couple of mean looking and HUGE longhorn cows (they really aren't that mean. when one got out, I enticed it to stay close by giving it Oreos) and the pasture next door that harbors a donkey who is definitely mean. Not only that, his morning routine is to get close to the fence each morning and bray at the longhorn ladies, all the while dangling a very long penis.
December 10, 2016
craftyzits
The cherry on this sundae? The washing machines were used as toilets. I saw a big human turd sitting in the wash machine one fine afternoon, and that was the VERY LAST TIME I ever used those pieces of shit.

O.M.G

My washing machine has a "quick wash" setting that does a complete cycle in 25 minutes. I use that after washing dog blankets and such, running nothing but soap and bleach through the empty machine.

Your laundry room sounds like it warrants a call to some sort of authority. Are there any kind of city inspectors who could be called down on that?

craftyzits
From then after, I used a one gallon bucket and what looks like a plunger but isn't to clean my clothes in my bath tub.

As an RVer, I've been doing research on small, portable washing machines. I check reviews and gauge the quality of the campground on comments about the laundry facilities. Still, washing your clothes on the road adds up, so a portable clothes cleaner is in my future. Have you checked them out?
December 11, 2016
This was one of the many things I hated about living in college dorms. Rude entitled shits would leave their clothes in the washer or dryer for hours on end and get pissed if someone removed them. When I was looking for an apartment in 2008 one of the features I looked for was a washer and dryer in the apartments.

People shitting in the washers is a new low, but nothing surprises me anymore. I swear the human race is rapidly devolving.
December 11, 2016
Dorisan
craftyzits

O.M.G
Your laundry room sounds like it warrants a call to some sort of authority. Are there any kind of city inspectors who could be called down on that?

Unless you can point a finger with perhaps a photograph of the perp, your fucked. Also, it's risky ratting druggies out. The landlord didn't give a fine damn.

Dorisan
As an RVer, I've been doing research on small, portable washing machines. I check reviews and gauge the quality of the campground on comments about the laundry facilities. Still, washing your clothes on the road adds up, so a portable clothes cleaner is in my future. Have you checked them out?

I have sense left that apartment complex and moved into a special housing situation given by the mental health care facility in my town. Basically it is a single family house with four room mates, including me, living independently. We all share two bathrooms, a kitchen, and a laundry. The laundry is clean.

What fired the mental health care system's ass is I had two major falls, hospitalized a week after each. I fell down a 9 foot staircase, I was found delirious by a neighbor and woke in hospital not remembering a damned thing. The second I fell in my bedroom and was passed out for three days, again waking in hospital not knowing where I was. The last brisket in the BBQ grill was an episode of catatonia.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
Craftyzits - I'm sorry to hear about your medical situation. When stuff like that happens, it's definitely scary! It also sounds like you have found a living situation that works well for you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Live, Laugh, Love~
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login