Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Would most pro-choicer turn Pro-liar?

Posted by cfdavep 
Would most pro-choicer turn Pro-liar?
November 24, 2016
"After you feed every LIVING child on this planet, I will GLADLY join your crusade against abortion. Until the "pro life" ( I.E, forced birth or anticoice) is just pure hypocrisy with a large dollop of ignorance and superstition. The ultimate irony is for such people to claim moral superiority and worship a man who said 'let he who is WITHOUT sin cast the first stone "

Someone posted this on yahoo after the guy that killed an abortion provider got a reduced sentence. It seems to be the attitude of most people who consider themselves pro-choice that if all women who get accidentally pregnant had the right support than all women women would be gleeful to not abort. I don't think there seems to be much thought of women who just do not want a kid as that is non-existant in the minds of most people.
Re: Would most pro-choicer turn Pro-liar?
November 24, 2016
cfdavep
"After you feed every LIVING child on this planet, I will GLADLY join your crusade against abortion. Until the "pro life" ( I.E, forced birth or anticoice) is just pure hypocrisy with a large dollop of ignorance and superstition. The ultimate irony is for such people to claim moral superiority and worship a man who said 'let he who is WITHOUT sin cast the first stone "

Someone posted this on yahoo after the guy that killed an abortion provider got a reduced sentence. It seems to be the attitude of most people who consider themselves pro-choice that if all women who get accidentally pregnant had the right support than all women women would be gleeful to not abort. I don't think there seems to be much thought of women who just do not want a kid as that is non-existant in the minds of most people.

Yes, I've heard that sentiment before and always correct it. Some women will not want children under any circumstances, and some women do want children but have non-viable fetuses. And some pregnancies will be lethal to the mother, and some women don't want to have a child with a rapist. There will always be the need for some abortions, even with free contraceptives and complete sex ed.
November 24, 2016
I have also read that only 25% of Americans believe that abortion should be allowed.... ahem...for convenience, as in being CF. Convenience is the pro-liars favorite word
November 24, 2016
Funny how pro-liars foam at the mouth about murdering babies until they need an abortion themselves or need someone else to get one. I know they love to believe that only their abortions are the moral ones, but if they were ever to get their wish and see abortion become illegal, it would come back and bite them in the ass too. A good, upstanding Christian daddy impregnates his 12-year-old daughter? No abortion for her because pro-lifers don't even want abortion to be available in cases of rape or incest! Try explaining that one away at confession. Moo's husband is naturally sterile and needs to abort to cover up her affair with the local scout leader? Too bad for her! Congratulations on getting your infidelity merit badge! Someone's teen daughter gets pregnant at prom? No slinking off to the clinic in hoodies and sunglasses to get a secret abortion before heading back out to protest!

The anti-choicers are more than happy to preach against abortion until they need one. Everyone seems to think that the only women who get abortions are dirty sluts who can't take responsibility for their whoring around. And while that is the case for a few women, it's certainly not what happens in every single instance of pregnancy termination. Some women are very careful about contraception and it still fails. Some want to have kids, but aren't ready for them. Some want to be pregnant, but something goes wrong and the fetus dies and needs to be removed. Some women wind up pregnant following a sexual assault. Even then, it shouldn't matter what a woman's reason is for getting an abortion. Whether she's losing a wanted pregnancy or uses termination as her sole form of birth control, that's her choice. No fucking fetus trumps the needs of the sentient person whose body it's leeching off.
November 28, 2016
Cambion
... seems to think that the only women who get abortions are dirty sluts who can't take responsibility for their whoring around...

This is the logic fail. They want someone too irresponsible to think about the consequences of her actions to raise a kid??

More proof that they see a baby not as a gift from God, but a punishment for sex.
December 04, 2016
happyhiker
This is the logic fail. They want someone too irresponsible to think about the consequences of her actions to raise a kid??

The argument I've heard is that if the woman doesn't want a child, she should have it anyway and then give it up for adoption...which of course is only a half-decent option for the child if it's lucky enough to be healthy and white.

This argument also says to hell with the expenses the would-be mother would incur, and the irreparable damage done to her body. To hell with the stress of carrying a child she doesn't want, particularly if she's pregnant due to rape or incest, and to hell with the pain of childbirth and the healing process. Fuck her. The fetus rules all.
December 05, 2016
@kittehpeoples

I was reading a case in a Finnish magazine about a woman who didn't want kids but got pregnant by mistake. She found out quite late (here the limit is 12 weeks) and abortion was not possible anymore. She and her husband decided to give up the kid for adoption. It was long article but i couldn't help to admire her strength to face her relatives and peoples' judgement, she was forced to go to therapy throughout the whole pregnancy and endure the medical staff's judgement and pressures. She finally had a c-section under general anesthetic and afterwards she was given pills to stop lactation. She didn't want to see the kid or know anything about it. I'm still impressed by her story even though it was a while ago when i read it. The way she defied all these idiots judging, blaming and pressuring her and the way she kept her head clear and stuck firmly to her decision. I think i would have killed myself or induce miscarriage even if my life would have been in danger.

This is basically an anti-choicer's wet dream. The difference is that these idiots would ban c-sections so they make sure you suffer properly. And btw. even if i wanted kids, i would choose c-section without second thoughts. I know the risks and i'm willing to take them.
December 05, 2016
blackpearl
@kittehpeoples

I was reading a case in a Finnish magazine about a woman who didn't want kids but got pregnant by mistake. She found out quite late (here the limit is 12 weeks) and abortion was not possible anymore. She and her husband decided to give up the kid for adoption. It was long article but i couldn't help to admire her strength to face her relatives and peoples' judgement, she was forced to go to therapy throughout the whole pregnancy and endure the medical staff's judgement and pressures. She finally had a c-section under general anesthetic and afterwards she was given pills to stop lactation. She didn't want to see the kid or know anything about it. I'm still impressed by her story even though it was a while ago when i read it. The way she defied all these idiots judging, blaming and pressuring her and the way she kept her head clear and stuck firmly to her decision. I think i would have killed myself or induce miscarriage even if my life would have been in danger.

This is basically an anti-choicer's wet dream. The difference is that these idiots would ban c-sections so they make sure you suffer properly. And btw. even if i wanted kids, i would choose c-section without second thoughts. I know the risks and i'm willing to take them.

That poor woman! I agree with you, she exhibited a strength she should never have been forced to exercise. How awful.
December 05, 2016
kittehpeoples
blackpearl
@kittehpeoples

That poor woman! I agree with you, she exhibited a strength she should never have been forced to exercise. How awful.

I'll make a bet that the sperm donor did not get the same judgmental treatment from family or medical providers.That's the problem with adoption. It is the womban that has to VISIBLY carry the load and deal with the aftermath and gossip.
December 06, 2016
I didn't see anything mentioned about the father of the kid, but the woman said that he was beside her and supported her all the way which is admirable. And you know what is infuriating? The woman couldn't take pills because hormones weren't suitable for her and she asked to be sterilized at 35 but the doctor refused (although the legal age is 30 here!). She got pregnant at 38.angry smiley

Here is the article if you want to run it through google translate. I kept it because her story made a huge impact on me and i'm so mad on her behalf that she didn't get the sterilization. Imagine, she wouldn't have had to go through this!!

I'm 30 and 2 doctors refused sterilization to me this year. I feel i'm on the point of despair with all these anti-abortion idiots gaining more power. frowning
December 06, 2016
blackpearl, can you take advantage of European rules allowing medical treatment inside the EU to have this done in a more liberal country?
December 07, 2016
@yurble: I can but the problem is the money i don't have. In my country sterilization would cost me around 120€ on public healthcare and that is ok. I registered myself in the city where i work and study and i hoped that the medical staff here are more open-minded than in the bible-belt. Unfortunately, the GP i got is an old woman with very traditional values and surprise, surprise i can't change the GP.angry smiley Our FB CF group has a list with hospitals where you can find more liberal doctors but you need to be a resident of that respective city to go that certain hospital. I hope in few years, i'll be able to move to the capital and it will be better.

And just a small mention, i noticed people here referring to religious values when it comes to the anti-abortion crowd: there are lots of people who want to ban abortion and they are atheists. I know few of them and they usually invoke the woman must bear the responsibility if she f*cked, your body is not only yours once you have a human being inside, fetus is a human being etc. I never heard them having such ideas before, it seems like in the last 2 years something clicked in their mind and they just became so rabid on the subject. Btw...all of them are men.eye rolling smiley
December 07, 2016
blackpearl
Btw...all of them are men.eye rolling smiley

Of course they are. MRAs, I'm guessing.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login