Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Texas will require aborted fetuses to be cremated or buried

Posted by freya 
Texas will require aborted fetuses to be cremated or buried
November 29, 2016
Abortions have to be buried or cremated, thanks Texas

And a cremation only starts at a minimum of $1000.
Re: Texas will require aborted fetuses to be cremated or buried
November 30, 2016
Tex-ass Forced Birther Numbfuck
“For far too long, Texas has allowed the most innocent among us to be thrown out with the daily waste,” said state Sen. Don Huffines, R-Dallas, in a packed public hearing on the proposed rule in August, the Austin American Statesman reported. “Life begins at conception.”

Of course, it just had to be a man who said this. So easy when you don't have the bio-machinery that can potentially ruin your life. Even if he had a uterus, at his age he'd be post-menopausal and free from paranoia. I'd like to transplant a parasite inside him, chain him to a hospital bed for nine months and perform C-section on him with a rusty knife and no anesthesia.
November 30, 2016
I'm sure whatever morticians guild exists in Texas is pleased with this legislation.

And while this is all to preserve the dignity or whatever... it stands to reason that some kind of campaign contribution was in play here.
November 30, 2016
We keep seeing more restrictions on abortion in the U.S., and this is another example. The cost of burial or cremation will add to the cost of running an abortion clinic, and that cost will be passed on to the women involved. Abortion in Texas is now more expensive, so fewer women will be able to afford them. Way to go, Conservatives!censored bar
November 30, 2016
Doesn't this go against current HIPAA regulations? I mean, if you must bury or cremate then a funeral director will be involved one way or another. As no birth or death certificate is required, then they would KNOW these remains are from an abortion. This whole law just seems unconstitutional to me.

Also, does the burial or cremation have to occur in Texas? Because I am pretty sure cremation can be performed for a much lower cost in say California and just have the cremated remains shipped back to whomever in Texas. This would be a good question for Caitlyn Doughty, also known as the Ask a Mortician lady.

ETA: According to Ms. Doughty, the average no frills cremation actually does run around $1,000. However, judging by her reaction to the recent election results in her hotel room in Bolivia (I assume she was traveling for professional purposes), she seems to be on the pro choice side. Perhaps she would be open to providing a low cost clump cremation to help her "eat her feelings" on the matter.
December 01, 2016
They can always do mass cremation or a mass grave, but would they scatter the ashes or bury them in the cemetery. Would the grave be marked or unmarked?
December 01, 2016
I start to wonder about a few things.

First, is it by law or by convention that bodies are buried/cremated individually? Because if it is mere convention, it should be possible to get that pile-of-tissue discount. Second, isn't medical waste already incinerated? Third, most states have pauper's graves or similar for unclaimed bodies. What if nobody claims the fetal tissue? Can you make someone claim a body simply because they are genetically related to it?

And fourth, I would expect the law to allow for the disposal of the body in the same ways an adult body can be disposed of, otherwise it is discriminatory or contradicts their claim that fetuses are people. One way to deal with an adult body is...donation to science. These nutjobs have previously falsely accused PP of selling fetal tissue for research, and now they've created the economic conditions where most women would donate fetal tissue for research to keep their costs down.
December 01, 2016
cj
We keep seeing more restrictions on abortion in the U.S., and this is another example. The cost of burial or cremation will add to the cost of running an abortion clinic, and that cost will be passed on to the women involved. Abortion in Texas is now more expensive, so fewer women will be able to afford them. Way to go, Conservatives!censored bar

And that is why our pregnancy rate spiked by 37 percent or something insane like that.

And, know what else spiked? Pregnancy related deaths. In 2012, 148 women in Texas died from pregnancy-related complications, including excessive bleeding, obesity-related heart problems and infection. Two years before, 72 women died from those causes.

https://www.texastribune.org/2016/08/19/texas-sees-unusual-spike-pregnancy-related-deaths-/

They took great pains to not mention that this is the year PP and any clinic offering the evil A word was defunded,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
December 01, 2016
Isn't medical waste already incinerated?

Yes, but as a mass in medical waste incinerators which are often located in hospitals, or in a facility used by a group of hospitals. It sounds like the law in Texas would call for individual cremations in crematoriums owned by funeral homes.

Many crematoriums are oil-fired and since this is Texas, maybe Exxon and Chevron are in on this rule. I can just feel the carbon score going up there.
December 02, 2016
Who the heck is supposed to pay the $1000?

And while i KNOW i am preaching to the proverbial choir here, would not that money be better spent on caring for children that are HERE and BORN. There are enough needy children especially in Texas that go without food, education, and proper health care....We really need to spend money to prove a point rather than helping those truly in need? How very Christian of you....how very pro-life to divert any funds to this absolute bullshit.
December 02, 2016
cfinboston
Who the heck is supposed to pay the $1000?

And while i KNOW i am preaching to the proverbial choir here, would not that money be better spent on caring for children that are HERE and BORN. There are enough needy children especially in Texas that go without food, education, and proper health care....We really need to spend money to prove a point rather than helping those truly in need? How very Christian of you....how very pro-life to divert any funds to this absolute bullshit.

I think you know as well as I that the 'Pro Life' crowd gives not one shit about children; unborn or otherwise. This is an issue of control, plain and simple.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
December 03, 2016
The Satanic Temple is going to challenge this rule based on their religious beliefs:

Link

"It is better not to look like what you are; it is better to look like a bourgeois woman because then all the doors are open for you and then you can just go and make hell." - Marjane Satrapi
December 04, 2016
Maybe some of those insane women who hold funerals for their late clots can start making it into elaborate affairs and inviting the Texas government to come mourn with them. These two groups are literally the only ones who care about this, but for different reasons, so it would be nice to see those hypocrites being bored at funeral after funeral by hysterical wanna-moos.
December 09, 2016
This is why I'm a proponent of stapling used products on the doors of the assholes who thought this was a sound idea.
December 09, 2016
It is not a law here yet. However, I am thinking of marketing little bitty caskets made from jewelry boxes for used sanitary items, plus a mailer to the governor's office. A note explaining how you just don't have the money to give Little Scooter a proper funeral will be attached.

I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
December 10, 2016
navi8orgirl
It is not a law here yet. However, I am thinking of marketing little bitty caskets made from jewelry boxes for used sanitary items, plus a mailer to the governor's office. A note explaining how you just don't have the money to give Little Scooter a proper funeral will be attached.

I really like that idea. What better way to show your precious eggs did not die in vain?

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
December 10, 2016
Miss_Hannigan
navi8orgirl

I really like that idea. What better way to show your precious eggs did not die in vain?

In Canada, mail written to federal politicians by constituents (ie taxpayers) does not require paid postage (ie free).
https://www.canadapost.ca/tools/pg/manual/PGgovtmail-e.asp

You may want to check into that for your jurisdiction.
December 10, 2016
Miss_Hannigan
navi8orgirl

I prefer that ALL women in Texas start mailing their used tampons and pads to the governor for testing. After all, one can't really know the status of each expelled ovum, right? Improved tech has showed that there are a LOT of pregnancies that self-terminate due to defects. Start mailing those used Tampax, Texas ladies!
December 13, 2016
randomcfchick
Miss_Hannigan
navi8orgirl

I prefer that ALL women in Texas start mailing their used tampons and pads to the governor for testing. After all, one can't really know the status of each expelled ovum, right? Improved tech has showed that there are a LOT of pregnancies that self-terminate due to defects. Start mailing those used Tampax, Texas ladies!

What will happen when they find out that God is the biggest abortionist on the planet, not PP.

December 13, 2016
Does anyone here remember a comic strip in National Lampoon called Trots and Bonnie? There was this hilarious one I remember seeing about Pepsi (Bonnie's friend) thinking she is pregnant but eventually gets her period but thinks she miscarried even though Pepsi explains that her boyfriend "didn't really put it in. Maybe the sperm crawled up my leg".

In this strip, Pepsi and a bunch of other girls bury their maxi pads that they have in shoeboxes.

I tried to Google up an image of this to post. But strangely, couldn't find it but DID notice a note on Google that one image/page was deleted from the images by request of the author.

I wonder....
Did they remove it because of this exact scenario that is playing out in Texas?

If anyone can find what I'm talking about please post it because it is funny as shit. Scary now. But still funny.
December 14, 2016
Hey, some of your ideas may already be happening. According to a post I just read on tumblr (I know, not a news site, and I'm too rushed right now to fact check, so feel free to do so):

Satanists are mailing semen-covered socks to the governor of Texas...The "Cum Rags for Congress" idea comes from Satanic Temple spokesperson Jex Blackmore...In a handwritten note, Blackmore implored, "These r babies. Plz bury"...Now Blackmore is encouraging people to send their used rags to Congress, too.

Further responses on the post include people talking about sending used tampons and pads, and include links to guidelines for doing so legally.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login