Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A letter to all the permissive parents of today

Posted by yurble 
A letter to all the permissive parents of today
January 01, 2017
The Guardian publishes an anonymous letter targeted at permissive parents scolding them for fucking up. With some sops, in the hopes they'll listen.
Re: A letter to all the permissive parents of today
January 01, 2017
yurble
The Guardian publishes an anonymous letter targeted at permissive parents scolding them for fucking up. With some sops, in the hopes they'll listen.

Over the holidays, my boyfriend and I generally avoid most of the 'mandatory' family horseshit, with a few exceptions.
In each case, two different adults who were in their 60's and 80's showed in the most appalling ways what happens when children of permissive parenting grow up and are not held to account for their shitty attitudes and behaviours.

I can go on in detail, but the short version is that I will no longer go along with regular socializing around these adult tantruming children who are being enabled by their relatives.
January 02, 2017
Permissive parenting is just a euphemism for Lazy arse/zero parenting, who've obviously don't give a shit about raising a future productive, well-adjusted and model citizen. Essentially, the parents are being self-centred and completely inconsiderate douches to the rest of society - present and future, and all that matters is over-indulging their brats.

And they low when their brats become aggressive, lazy, fat and substance/alcohol losers and abusers. I too am with you Cassia, my father and many of the males in my extended family are the same, and I like you cannot handle the endless amount of horseshit I have to put up from these bratty man-children.
January 02, 2017
In the family that I was discussing, it is the female adults who were given a free pass to shitty attitudes and behaviours from childhood onward.
No one else in the family is permitted a fraction of the misbehaving that these women are allowed.

The family keep sticking their head in the sand and pretend it is not happening and wait for the current drama to be over.
These particular princesses grew in age, not maturity, to be adults and are tantruming like ill behaved young children on a daily basis because they never emotionally matured past that age.
There is no developmental reason for this, just that their closest family members never forced them to cut out that shit.

Today, after calming down for a few days, I declared that I will no longer deal with these two princesses.
There is just nothing in it for me, but annoying horseshit from the women and their family continuing to enable their frequent manipulating and melt-downs.
January 03, 2017
We could get them together Cassia, as they seem like two peas in the pod! At the very least, it would make for a good melodrama.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login