Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Why does this shit always come out of TexASS?

Posted by Peace 
Why does this shit always come out of TexASS?
January 05, 2017
"A federal judge in Texas handed a victory to conservatives Saturday, issuing a temporary injunction to stop an Obama administration regulation that would prevent discrimination in health care on the basis of “gender identity” and “termination of pregnancy.”"

There's a reason Obama had that regulation. It's because he knew there were fuckers out there who'd attempt to deny people basic health care because they're different, or because they chose to not be a damned incubator.

Religious freedom my ass. This is just plain, old fashioned discrimination of people who are different than you. This is about trying to control women, by attempting to deny them future health care if they have exercise agency over their own body.

Fuck this shit with a rusty chainsaw cutting a smiley with a chainsaw using a flamethrower rusty chainsaw

TLDR: Judge says it's OK to deny health care to transgender people and women who've had abortions for "religious freedom."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/12/31/federal-judge-issues-injunction-against-obama-administration-abortion-transgender-regulations/?utm_term=.88fe420a3f65#comments

ETA: GLAD, GLAD, GLAD to see the emojis are back! grinning smiley
Re: Why does this shit always come out of TexASS?
January 05, 2017
Peace
Religious freedom my ass. This is just plain, old fashioned discrimination of people who are different than you.

Yep. "Religious freedom" is the freedom to practice your own religion, not the right to force everyone else to.
January 06, 2017
kittehpeoples
Peace
Religious freedom my ass. This is just plain, old fashioned discrimination of people who are different than you.

Yep. "Religious freedom" is the freedom to practice your own religion, not the right to force everyone else to.

What if we just had the freedom to do business with whomever we wanted?

Would you feel comfortable undergoing a medical procedure being done by a professional who was being forced to do it? I wouldn't feel so good about leaving my well-being in the hands of a medical authority who felt that what he/she was doing was morally wrong.
January 06, 2017
All I can say is that if you are in medical school and want to specialize in OB/GYN, Texas is the place to be to make tons of money.

That OB/GYN who delivered 10,000 babies was based in Virginia (of course, it's a red state) but since everything is bigger in Texas, someone will try to deliver 50,000 there.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login