Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Banning adults from playgrounds

Posted by cfdavep 
Banning adults from playgrounds
January 09, 2017
This is on the show The Talk also
http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/2016/12/29/los_angeles_proposed_ban_on_childless_adults_in_playgrounds_is_a_bad_idea.html

I guess if an adult without kids wants to go into a playground area in LA they apparently ought not to in case of the occasional pedo.

They did this in Savannah, GA when I lived there, an adult without a kid with them would be removed from the kid section of the library by security. I remember someone wrote to the free paper there and said if that is the case then kids need to be kept out of the rest of the library.
Re: Banning adults from playgrounds
January 09, 2017
That's something I've never understood...you can ban adults from kid-centric places and that's totally fine but banning children from adult venues is considered discrimination. What ever happened to you can't have it both ways?

"It is better not to look like what you are; it is better to look like a bourgeois woman because then all the doors are open for you and then you can just go and make hell." - Marjane Satrapi
January 09, 2017
If they want to ban tax-paying adults w/o kids from playgrounds, parks, etc., then maybe adults without kids shouldn't be taxed for those things. They can reduce those child tax credits to pay for those instead.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
January 09, 2017
addiea raine
That's something I've never understood...you can ban adults from kid-centric places and that's totally fine but banning children from adult venues is considered discrimination. What ever happened to you can't have it both ways?

You're bringing logic to a child-worship fight. winking smiley

paragon schnitzophonic
If they want to ban tax-paying adults w/o kids from playgrounds, parks, etc., then maybe adults without kids shouldn't be taxed for those things. They can reduce those child tax credits to pay for those instead.

Absolutely. And how is a law like this going to help, anyway? Like a pedophile can't "borrow" a young relative to take to the park as a cover....
January 09, 2017
I wish they would ban folks under a certain age from certain parts of library. It gets old to have to try to read a copy of torn and colored WSJ or IBD that snowflakes decided to destroy.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login