Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Don't you know your own kid?

Posted by rosyie 
Don't you know your own kid?
January 14, 2017
I looked to see if this topic has been brought up in the Living Room and I couldn't find it, so I thought I would introduce it. I think it should be familiar to anyone who has interacted with breeders (and even some parents) of small children.

First a little background: I'm doing contract work in an office that has a supervisor who has 1 year old girl child (I'm guessing the age here. It's not a loaf, but it isn't walking on its own.)

The supervisor one day had to take part of the morning away from work to take the daughter to the doctor for (I think) an ear infection or pinkeye or something. Upshot is, the kid was not feeling good at all and I imagine it wasn't a super great experience at the doctor's office. Now this is just me, but if I had just taken someone who was not feeling well to the doctor, I would figure that person would want to go straight home after and take a nap, adult or child.

But this was not my supervisor's thinking at all. No, this is the time right after visiting the clinic to come into the office with aforementioned kid in tow to show it off to the office, listen to voicemails and check emails.

Supervisor gets the kid's winter outer wrappings off and amidst loud cooings and cluckings, plops her kid in the lap of one of the older workers who is a grandmother. (I was sitting in my cubicle trying to do the work I was paid to do.) Immediately the child starts wailing, which leads to even louder cooings & cluckings by the admiring audience. Super(visor) Moo finally has to pull the kid into her lap while she does the very important work of voicemail & email. Finally she packed up the kid and got it out of there.

What gets me is how did she think this was going to go? Did she think her special sprog was going a delightful ray of unicorn farts and sunshine for the whole office to be charmed by while sick and probably tired? And I've seen this again and again in public with breeders, dragging the overly tired, cranky, sick kids in public or visiting friends/family, and not understanding that they kid needs to be at home, not filling the air with their shrieks, screams and cries.

Sometimes I think they do this to torture the kid for being an enormous upheaval in their previous existence. If anyone can provided some earthly reasoning for this type of behavior, I would love to hear it, because honestly I am at a loss.
Re: Don't you know your own kid?
January 14, 2017
not a clue why. I do not see this where I work although there are kids brought in by other co workers. don't think they've been brought in sick but I work in a back office and don't see them.
I do remember hearing a child crying that its ear hurt and moo telling child to shut up, it was just pretending. I majored in music: this kid was not pretending..

two cents ΒΆΒΆ

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
January 14, 2017
I think they know their kids don't want to be at the office / on a plane / shopping, but the difference is they don't care.

I recently left my job at a certain electronics store {I don't want to name it outright, because my coworkers knew I hated kids and I don't want bratfree coming up in a search because my post contained those keywords}. On Thanksgiving - Black Friday {my shift was like 6pm-1:30am} there were at least five families where moo and duh were shopping and their kids were reluctantly dragging their feet behind them. One duh even stayed for a while playing on the Xbox demo while his kid just stood beside him doing nothing.

It makes me glad my parents didn't do that. I don't think there was ever a time I was out of the house for long stretches against my will. G-D bless my mom for being a good parent, and shame on those moos that torture their kids to get attention / a 'good' deal on overpriced stuff

Lock him up or put him down.
Stolen from Shiny.
January 14, 2017
If the kid indeed had pinkeye, it's highly contagious. How very considerate to expose everyone else to it.

Righteous Breeder move.
January 14, 2017
How much you wanna bet supervisor moo lives paycheck to paycheck because she can't actually afford that kid, and was afraid not to come back to work after the appointment because she's terrified of losing her job?
January 14, 2017
IMHO this behaviour is a combination of two things;

1. Attention whoring and udder rubs for having to deal with a sick kid. Nothing gets attention more than sick kids, and there's no doubt a lot of breeder worshippers and dried up old hens who get a bit of an ovary high from seeing a crotch dumpling, especially when they can 'treat the sick kid'. The breeder gets free brat care and freedom, as they can fob it off to the clucky hens.

2. An expansion of free brat care, where the breeder can get some free time away from their shrieking snotbags. It reminds them what life was like before the diapers and sour tit-juice. As we know, breeders simply can't accept that their life is now far more restrained since their supposedly responsible for a dependent. Dumping em at work, is just a brief holiday back into their irresponsible CF life.
January 15, 2017
The Bitchy Waiter had a post about clueless parents in the restaurant with an obviously very sick baby. I think a lot of it has to do with the rise in narcissism. An ever-increasing number of people are unaware or insensitive to the needs and rights of others, and this would logically include their own kids. Being just plain dumb might also contribute.
January 15, 2017
Partly due to being just plain dumb, as ondinette pointed out. Partly self-centeredness. And it's partly because it's all folded into the "on-the-go busy lifestyle". Everything is done everywhere. People pay bills on their phones while in the restroom of a department store, people eat dinner in their laps while watching their kids' soccer, people make business calls during dinners out with family. There are precious few divisions between personal and professional anymore, so parents are pushing the boundaries by "just taking care of a couple things" at the office for an hour before taking poor sick Junior home to rest.

I asked my sister (an MD) about the contagiousness of pink eye...she said it's no more infectious than the common cold, it's just that kids are gross and don't take precautions not to spread it. Yuck.
January 18, 2017
contemplativeintrovert
It makes me glad my parents didn't do that. I don't think there was ever a time I was out of the house for long stretches against my will. G-D bless my mom for being a good parent, and shame on those moos that torture their kids to get attention / a 'good' deal on overpriced stuff

My mother (who did the bulk of the brat care) didn't take me out when I was sick either. I remember bitching sleepily about having to go to the doctor! Then again, I was a marathon sleeper when I was sick; I'd sleep through the entire bug.

My sleeping habits were so extreme my mother took me to the doc over them as I could sleep a solid 72 hours or more if I wasn't woken for a sip of water and she wanted to make sure I was alright. Doc declared me an OK Rip Van Winkle and sent me home.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login