Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Entresto Commericial (USA)

Entresto Commericial (USA)
January 16, 2017
I've been meaning to make a post about these commercials. For those who are blessed to not have ever seen this ad, Entresto is a medication for heart failure. It airs an obscene amount during commercial breaks.

So circumventing the argument about the USA advertising prescription medications and ignoring the use of "Tomorrow" from Annie, an annoying earworm of a song, when the narrator goes into the side effects and who should not take this medication, he makes the usual warning that it's not for women who are pregnant or may become pregnant ("pre-pregnant," if you will).

How about we go into this idea that women who have heart failure are pregnant or trying to get pregnant? The commercial makes a big deal that "for people with heart failure, tomorrow is not a given" (hence the use of the song). Aside from the fact that pregnancy can seriously fuck up a woman who started out perfectly healthy, let alone one whose days are numbered with a bum ticker, there's the fact that children of these women will undoubtedly grow up motherless (or with a woman who is not their biological mother, in which case, I hope their stepmother is a kind one).

I'm so tired of this idea that women who aren't long for this world breed without a single thought for their child's future. There's the fact that the early loss of a parent is considered an Adverse Childhood Experience that sets up a child for a future of anxiety and other mental health issues. There's the fact that the child will grow up feeling guilty that they killed their mother (because most likely, a woman with heart failure isn't going to make it far past childbirth). There's the fact that the child will have no memories of their mother. Being relayed the memories of others isn't the same as having one's own memories.

Not to mention the dying breeder fantasies will never come to fruition. You know the father is going to remarry as soon as he finds a substitute and that child is going to grow up calling somebody else mommy. There's no betting on whether the father will keep dead breeder's memory alive. There are many widowers who don't talk about their dead wife at all. So heart failure moo may essentially be forgotten or completely unknown by the little piece of her that lives on (in her mind).

And you would hope that any doctor would tell a woman with heart failure that getting pregnant or keeping a pregnancy is a terrible idea, but we all know how that one goes.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
Re: Entresto Commericial (USA)
January 16, 2017
I have seen this annoying commercial a lot in the last year or so. But what annoys me is how it shows old geezers with their grandkids throughout the ad. Like only grandparents are the only ones important enough to take this drug and marketed toward? What about old geezers who don't have grandkids?
January 16, 2017
deegee
I have seen this annoying commercial a lot in the last year or so. But what annoys me is how it shows old geezers with their grandkids throughout the ad. Like only grandparents are the only ones important enough to take this drug and marketed toward? What about old geezers who don't have grandkids?

That, too. Like, show me an elderly couple that has been married for 60 years slow dancing and one of them saying that they want to stick around for the love of their spouse. Or an old biddy RVing it up and her saying that she still has a lot to see and experience.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
January 17, 2017
well,yes, probably these topics have been covered ,but just in case....How about the news casts where the female news readers tell about the accident, fire or other disaster where three people were killed (and then, cue breathlessness) "including one chyyuld"! AND, the fire , flood or other disaster where "thirty FAMBLEES had to be evacuated" . SO--any single people, widows, or divorced were just left to die??!! As usual, we are only "tragically" lost or injured if we are either in traditional family group-types or have/are sprogs.
January 17, 2017
Listing averse reactions and contraindications is a legal requirement, so I wouldn't read too much into the drug manufacturer over that, although it certainly is telling about the pronatalist culture that such things need to be said. However, what they actually choose to show in the commercial, which is no doubt a lot of Kodak moments, is something the seller is responsible for.

And remember, in the US, land of prescription medication commercials, companies still spend about 10 times as much marketing to doctors as they do to consumers. Meanwhile, CF people are being denied sterilization due to doctor's "ethical" concerns.
January 17, 2017
I looked up heart failure. It is always fatal, with about half the patients dying within five years and 75% within 10. People who take good care of themselves have a better chance of long term survival, but there are no guarantees. I did not read about the effects of pregnancy, however since that always puts an extra strain on the heart it can't be good. Anyone who has a medical condition they know will kill them and chooses to sprog anyway is off the charts selfish and stupid and should be weeded out of the gene pool.

It seems to have become taboo for doctors to tell any woman not to breed no matter how much of a medical train wreck she is. I notice this with my own doctors. I have more than one serious medical condition and take at least one drug which would be toxic to a fetus, yet they still ask me if I plan to get pregnant. I have no idea why the fuck anyone in my condition would want to get pregnant anyway. One of the mysteries of breeder brain I guess.
January 17, 2017
I HATE ALL DRUG ADS!!! Drs should be telling us about these things.. not the media. However.. Dr's either have no clue or get perks from prescribing a certain drug. Crooked drug companies... and the cost!!! Kill the ads, educate the doctors, and lower the freekin cost so people can afford to actually take these things (if they need them...which a doctor should determine) Whole thing makes me mad so... don't flame me too much here.

Anyhow... a friend of mine wrote to me about her neighbor recently. Neighbor had been on a medication for thyroid for several years.... it affected her liver... so doc gave her something for the liver... Then she had a stomach issue... so doc added something for her tummy ache... then... she threw up blood and nearly died. After THREE WEEKS of tests. Came to the conclusion that she should have never been on that med for the thyroid in the first place. The woman is 90!! Lucky she made it out of that mess brought on by Rx drug... and subsequent drugs as she displayed various side affects.

Yeah... and I always go WTF when I hear the 'pignant or planning to become pignant' crap.

Don't get me wrong... Rx drugs can be wonderful.. but I believe they are being overprescribed..without enough knowledge.

Okay.. rant over.
January 17, 2017
deegee

THIS! And it is fully equipped with baby noises. The assumption being that the crotch-fruit of one's crotch-fruit is the only reason to continue to live. two faces puking
January 17, 2017
@crazy old crone

Seconded! So I guess all of us cfers are supposed to disappear under a rock and die after we are no longer capable of working.

Lock him up or put him down.
Stolen from Shiny.
January 17, 2017
AND my personal faooourrritte: the med for bi polar!!!
inevitably, shot pans out to include the daddict and the sex trophiess.
wow, whackamoo can breed and be sane too

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
January 17, 2017
I recently saw a commercial that involved a husband & wife, & get this, there were NO parasites. It wasn't even alluded to, it was just them & their sentimental moment, along with the point of the ad. It was a breathe of fresh air in a sea of ads featuring schmaltzy Life Script Kodak moments, & degrading & condescending implications about those who do not live like its the 1950's.
January 18, 2017
retro lizard
I recently saw a commercial that involved a husband & wife, & get this, there were NO parasites. It wasn't even alluded to, it was just them & their sentimental moment, along with the point of the ad. It was a breathe of fresh air in a sea of ads featuring schmaltzy Life Script Kodak moments, & degrading & condescending implications about those who do not live like its the 1950's.

Are you talking about the one for that injectable drug after chemo? Yeah, hubby and wife and dog. How about the one for ED drugs? Ya know.. I still dont' get those bathtubs. If yer' gonna get intimate... that's a lot of porcelain to go through. LOL
January 18, 2017
wasn't there an incident years ago during some energy crisis in britain... the gov circulated pamphlets on how to conserve energy and one was to 'shower/bathe together'.
One young couple decided to take them up on the offer. Trouble was, floor could support tub + one person, not two. They crashed down through floor (thankfully no one was hurt), into the middle of a pub. Someone commented it appeared they weren't exactly bathing.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
January 18, 2017
Drug companies don't care how sick or crazy you are. They just want people to make them rich, and breeders are the way to do it.
January 18, 2017

Are you talking about the one for that injectable drug after chemo? Yeah, hubby and wife and dog. How about the one for ED drugs? Ya know.. I still dont' get those bathtubs. If yer' gonna get intimate... that's a lot of porcelain to go through. LOL

I always wondered about those bathtubs. Especially the ones that are on the beach. Like WTF? How do you fill a bathtub in the middle of a field? And why two?
January 18, 2017
starlady
retro lizard

Must have been the injectable drug ad, because the wife having cancer was part of the ad. Not %100 certain. Don't think I've seen the other ad.
February 01, 2017
God, our direct-to-consumer drug ads are so out of control. I bet foreigners would crack the fuck UP if they heard this streaming through the TV:

"Humira may cause new or worsening heart failure...and lymphoma. Do not take Humira if you've ever had a paper cut or are currently battling a paper cut. Tuberculosis may result. Ask your doctor about Humira today!"

Maybe they can market Entresto to their Humira users who develop "new" heart failure? (That's a legit side effect, btw). Ugh. the world 'fail' on flames
February 02, 2017
One drug my new psychiatrist is trying to push on me is known to cause sudden death. I've refused to take it, and now have a baggie full of the shit. (They come in a weekly blister pack to my door.) I'm going to be returning them to my family doctor on Monday and telling him that I refuse to take it. I'm afraid I'll fall asleep and never wake up again.

I'm sick of drug pusher doctors trying to convince me that this shit is good for me and I need to take it. I've already gone back on my last appointment and told him that I don't want to take it, and he insisted that I do. When I read about the side effects of this particular drug, I decided that I want a second opinion from another shrink. The drug happens to be an antipsychotic which he has given to me to deal with insomnia, and it's kind of like taking a rubber mallet to the head every night. It's already caused me to have sleep apnea, and he completely IGNORED that and told me to continue taking it. The weirdest part? I am not psychotic. At all.

No sprogs, so I guess he doesn't care if I croak in the middle of the night. When he asked me if I had kids, I told him that I didn't. He asked me if I was childfree by choice, and I told him that I was. Commence the drug pushing! angry smiley
February 02, 2017
trance formation usa
God, our direct-to-consumer drug ads are so out of control. I bet foreigners would crack the fuck UP if they heard this streaming through the TV:

The above is but one reason I cut the cord. I get all my media off the Internet, with adblockers on my browser of course.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
February 03, 2017
twocents
AND my personal faooourrritte: the med for bi polar!!!
inevitably, shot pans out to include the daddict and the sex trophiess.
wow, whackamoo can breed and be sane too

I'm going to go slightly off topic. I did a 23andme dna test last year. The results came in May, but I waited until December to run my raw data on third party apps. It turns out that I'm at high risk for bipolar, autism, schizophrenia genetically. Bingo except that I don't have schizophrenia, but schizoid personality disorder which is related to schizophrenia. I also learned about other genetics such has needing more antidepressants. I even got some surprises.

My mental health problems aren't because I'm a defective human being due to environmental factors but because of genetics.

So I'm just saying lurking breeders, please get you and your partner DNA tested before breeding.
February 04, 2017
mumofsixbirds
The drug happens to be an antipsychotic which he has given to me to deal with insomnia,

WTF is he doing prescribing an anti-psychotic for insomnia?!? MO6B, get a new psychiatrist ASAP, cause this idiot certainly isn't practicing it. Anti-psychotics are for psychosis, not fucking insomnia, and while they have a sedative action, they're there for psychosis. It's like giving insulin to a person who's trying to lose weight - it's minimally effective for weight loss, but crazy dangerous in a person without diabetes.

Some of my consumers have insomnia and have varying successes with melatonin and good sleep hygiene. Tryptophan is another, but be careful if you're on SSRI or MOAIs as it can induce serotonin syndrome. Another is sleep restriction therapy - it sound counter productive, but it can work.

Hope this helps, I too know the hell that insomnia can put a person through.
February 04, 2017
I know...right? I'm on an SNRI for mild depression, and it seems to be helping. I'd rather have a glass of wine to help put me to sleep than take deadly drugs that could kill me.

I'm getting a second opinion from a top psychiatrist in my area. I just need a referral from my family doc. Unfortunately I can't go on Monday now, because we've had a major snowstorm and we're all snowed in at the moment. I have rebooked for a week from Wednesday, and he'd better be on my side with this.

Ever since these quacks have fucked with my meds it's been a bumpy road. I'm starting to feel much better, but still. I'm not returning to Mental Health again. I think they have bottom of the barrel psychiatrists in there who just want to overmedicate people.
February 06, 2017
shy lurker
It turns out that I'm at high risk for bipolar, autism, schizophrenia genetically.

Ahh, is that the MTHFR gene mutation? It's highly common in the general population, yet very few people know about it. I suspect that runs in my family too, since depression and bipolar disorder affect literally everyone on my mom's side. I inherited plain unipolar depression + Asperger's + about 5 anxiety disorders, haha. Wouldn't pass that on to an innocent baby if you paid me.

Genetic testing should be required for anyone planning to have kids. Not that it would change anything for the selfish breeders hitting head against a brick wall
February 25, 2017
If you're Bi-Polar, you definitely shouldn't be reproducing! I know more than one bipolar person and they have offspring, I wouldn't be surprised if one or all of their offspring turn out to also have mental health issues. For those of you here who are bipolar, you know what it's like to not have your medication and what can happen. I wouldn't want to subject anyone to constant mood swings, lashing out in anger, etc. either coming from the bipolar parent(s) or being bipolar myself.

Again this would be a case of people breeding when they really shouldn't.

@MumofSixBirds - I hear you, I would rather do something more natural than take man made meds for anxiety, depression and premenstrual dysphoric disorder. I have seen a psychologist here through our government funded mental health program and he was a complete quack. After knowing me for less than an hour, he wanted to put me on a higher dose of anti-depressants. No starting on a low dose and working my way up, just straight to that dose. I filled it just to prove him wrong (thankfully it didn't cost me anything) and took one. Well it made me that sick that I was unable to get out of bed the next day until early afternoon. I went back and told him that the meds made me terribly ill and that I refuse to take them.

Honestly I would rather go for a walk, smoke a little pot.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
They are having children for selfish and narcissistic reasons, or are simply irresponsible. Funny... Those are the terms often used to describe the CF

~Live, Laugh, Love~
February 26, 2017
I especially love the bipolar drug ads. Apparently it's (you know!)only women who suffer that disorder and also fibromyalgia! And the ads for the bipolar depression drug are so muted and depressing themselves, they would cause most people to off themselves! In one, the Moo is saying how depressed she is and the picture flashes over to the ugly, scowly blond hell-spawn boy in the baby pool. He looks like he wants to kill her! No wonder she is depressed. Then AFTER taking the drug, everyone is half way acting happy but the Moo is always still acting diffident and often on the sidelines. Not a very good incentive to assume "risk of death, cancer and suicidal thoughts or actions"!
I have weird reactions to many drugs. But the doctors always act like I must be making it up, or just be a trouble maker or something. I mean, I had terrible reactions to Paxil, and was given some drug for shingles that caused (one assumes) me to wake up 3 days in, unable to speak coherently! SO then I get rushed to the ER, have a cat scan, etc and have to go later for an doppler and then a MRI. All with no findings,just big bills. Of course, they then think of another expensive test I should take and I say "enough". After quitting the drug--I got better! Big surprise
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login