A daycare worker speaks out

Posted by cfdavep 
A daycare worker speaks out
January 19, 2017
https://www.yahoo.com/news/daycare-workers-reveal-things-parents-181921260.html

Parents are beyond pathetic
Re: A daycare worker speaks out
January 19, 2017
We're going to see daycares disappear sooner or later because people aren't going to want to pay for rent, overhead, and insurance only to deal with parental entitlement and frugality, no matter how much they like children.

"I work at an extended-hours daycare so I'm feeding kids two, sometimes three meals a day, plus snacks. I understand that parents have strong feelings about what their kids eat, but some go overboard, restricting gluten, sugar, dairy, grains, and basically everything else children like. If it's for a true medical reason, like an allergy, I get it, but I work in a very wealthy neighborhood and often it seems like parents are just putting their kids on the next fad diet to come along. That makes my job harder and it's hard on the kids too, especially when there's a special treat like cupcakes for a birthday and their parent said they can't have gluten but forgot to bring in a gluten-free substitute. I'm going to follow the rules the parents give me but let me tell you nothing is more heartbreaking than watching a 3-year-old watch everyone else eat cake while she sits with an empty plate."

The true end of this anecdote is the child cries to mommy that everybody else got cake while she didn't and the Moo screams at the daycare workers who tell her that she didn't bring in the acceptable cake substitute like she was previously told. Moo then will retort that she figured that the daycare workers would spend their own money to run out to Whole Foods and buy her little snowflake a gluten-free, sugar-free, vegan, red dye #40-free, all-natural, preservative-free, non-GMO, organic, locally sourced, handcrafted, farm to table, additive-free, grass-fed, free-range, artisanal cupcake.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan

January 19, 2017
I love the one about the worker who called the cops on the Duh who was going to leave his sprog there all night on Valentine's Day (it was the daycare's official policy to call the cops on parents who are more than half an hour late to pick up their kids). More day cares should have this policy.
January 19, 2017
Just goes to show that breeders don't care about anyone other than themselves. They don't give two shits about their kids because they see their kids as nothing more than inconveniences. They know their kids will melt down over not being fed or waking up in a strange place, but they don't care because it's the staff who has to deal with the fallout and not Mommy. And they sure as fuck don't want to stay home with their sick kids, which also possibly means going without a day's pay if they feel they're not too special to hold jobs. Soooooo they send their licey, puking, projectile shitting, bleeding, coughing, contagious little petri dishes to day care or school anyway. They don't care about the other kids getting sick and they sure as hell don't care about the staff getting sick, but they'll be the first ones screaming if their darling brings home a bug from day care.

And if a day care turns a bizzy Moo away for any reason, Moo melts down right on the door step. Her kid could be bleeding out on the floor and she'd still insist the kid stay at the day care for the entire day so she could go to the mall and get a mani/pedi in peace. Oh, but then Moos will turn into concerned parents at the most inappropriate times, like when a day care worker tells the kid "no." Then Moo will rush to her dumpling's side to defend his spirited Indigo behavior and bitch about how the staff is discriminating against her and her child for (insert made-up reason), she'll have their jobs for this (I'm sure their hearts are shattering at the thought), she's going to sue, she's going to the media, and so on.

It's getting to a point where, soon, absolutely nobody will want to work in child care-related fields, including education, all because the parents suck. Then the only people who will be willing to take these jobs are pedophiles, but the upside is I guarantee they'll do the jobs for free. I guarantee most parents would gladly accept free child care even if they knew full well their kids' caregivers were Chesters. It's win-win for everyone but the kids, but since the parents don't give a fuck about their kids, then it all works out, doesn't it?
January 19, 2017
I got my first pet (my beloved kitty) 5 years ago. I always wanted a cat, but I worked crazy hours and didn't think it would be fair to leave the cat alone for 12 hours a day, so I waited until I had time to spend at home. Any parent who drops their kid off for long enough to eat all of his or her meals at daycare clearly didn't hold their future children in as high esteem as your average person who is considering a pet.
January 19, 2017
@happyhiker

No, I would say the majority of new parents today don't care for their kids as much as cfers care for their pets. If I go outside with my dog, he is leashed so as not to get hit by a car. I drove into my neighborhood the other day and some toadler sprogs were riding their bikes in the middle of the road. If I am worried about my dogs health, I take him to a vet. Yet moos would rather drop their germ vectors off at daycare than take them to a doctor. Similarly, I watch what my dog eats. Audi would probably love chicken bones, but I know better than to let him have them. Meanwhile, if bratleigh wants mcdonalds, all she has to do is shriek loud enough and long enough and moo will cave.

Lock him up or put him down.
Stolen from Shiny.
February 01, 2017
"Parents who 'sneak' their kid in while they are asleep hoping to escape the tearful goodbye drive me crazy. They always say that their kid should sleep for several more hours but they never do, and waking up somewhere other than where they fell asleep is upsetting for them."

Well no shit. How would you like to wake up in a strange place and not know where the fuck you are?!

I've also heard horror stories about parents bringing their sick kids into daycare. I'm talking acutely ill with things like norovirus or influenza--puking and shitting Exorcist-style and spreading the sickness to everyone within a 15-mile radius. That is beyond cruel to the kid and inconsiderate to everyone AROUND the barfing brat! You can't stay home with your own sick child for one day? This has to be my #1 pet peeve, considering my massive phobia of sickness. Keep your little petri dishes at home until they're not contagious anymore. Nurture and dote on them like the loving parents you claim to be. (Yeah, right). green 11s

The amount of corners parents cut is unseemly. Some things are not fit for a daycare worker, teacher, babysitter or anyone BUT YOU to deal with.
February 01, 2017

No, I would say the majority of new parents today don't care for their kids as much as cfers care for their pets. If I go outside with my dog, he is leashed so as not to get hit by a car. I drove into my neighborhood the other day and some toadler sprogs were riding their bikes in the middle of the road. If I am worried about my dogs health, I take him to a vet. Yet moos would rather drop their germ vectors off at daycare than take them to a doctor. Similarly, I watch what my dog eats. Audi would probably love chicken bones, but I know better than to let him have them. Meanwhile, if bratleigh wants mcdonalds, all she has to do is shriek loud enough and long enough and moo will cave.

I'd say that's probably because many parents don't really care about their kids. They merely tolerate them. Parents anymore don't do what's best for their kids - they do what requires the least effort and will cost the least money. If their kid is hacking up a lung, Moo will dump his ass at daycare instead of taking him to a doctor so he can get the other kids and the staff good and sick. They won't lift a finger to discipline their kids - they'll give the little shits whatever they want to shut them up. They'll dump their kids near total strangers in public places with the expectation that those strangers will babysit for fuck knows how long.

Oh, but if someone calls their parenting into question, inconveniences them or tells their kid "no," suddenly Moo is Mother of the Century and acts like she loves her kid more than life itself. I'd wager that just a few too many parents would probably be okay with their kids dying because not only would they be free of their little biological burdens, but they'd get craploads of attention and sympathy, that's how little they care about them. But that's what happens when people put more thought into which underwear they'll wear on a given day than they put into reproducing.
February 04, 2017
I know someone who worked for some big national childcare company...can't remember which one...and they actually had a fucking policy that you couldn't use the phrase "no" when dealing with kid behavior. They were told to redirect the kid to another activity, or say "maybe you need to take a break" or other wimpy shit.

Because she is smart and understands that children need clear limits, she quit when that policy was handed down.

stupid shit like this, coupled with the stuff mentioned above...yeah, daycare is gonna be harder and harder to find.
February 05, 2017
Among the various jobs that I had was as a child care worker for before and after school daycare for school age kids.
It was an OK job for part-time occasional work.

After a few years, I was contacted by a related business who desperately needed a temporary replacement at a daycare centre.
I had some reservations, and made sure that they understood my limitations in knowledge and experience with that pre-school age range of clients.
We made an agreement and all went reasonably well for the first weeks.
As along as experienced staff told me explicitly what to do, I was a conscientious temporary worker.

One day, outdoors, an older child started pummeling a much smaller child.
I was the first worker to get to them and being very experienced in Non-Violent Crisis Intervention, I verbally intervened and then, when necessary, I held the offending child with just enough restraint to prevent either child from being badly hurt.

The following days, there was a very serious series of discussions with myself, the kids involved, witnessing staff and the parents.
Basically, their policy is that you never touch a child or speak negatively, even if they are beating the shit out of another kid.
I spoke bluntly that was a ridiculous policy that protects a bully, creates victims and an unsafe environment.

After a couple of days, I said that I would no longer participate in their farcical 'trial' and they knew my stance on not letting kids get beat on my shift.
They could accept that with no further discussion, or I could walk away right then.
My position was accepted and I stayed on my temporary assignment and I was glad when they found another person to be a permanent worker.
February 06, 2017
cassia
After a couple of days, I said that I would no longer participate in their farcical 'trial' and they knew my stance on not letting kids get beat on my shift.
They could accept that with no further discussion, or I could walk away right then.
My position was accepted and I stayed on my temporary assignment and I was glad when they found another person to be a permanent worker.

Good for you for speaking up for yourself and the victim!
February 06, 2017
oy vey

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
February 06, 2017
I do have parent friends in real life and I can tell you this is a common theme, that schools and daycare centers don't deal with problem kids until other parents complain or they start hurting someone's kid.
February 07, 2017
Wonder how many bullycides (suicides caused by bullying) it will take before the idiots see sense.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
February 08, 2017
sounds like the british way of handling sneufwakes is in full swing here as well

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login