Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

CF person "had to" adopt due to unsafe situation

Posted by cfdavep 
CF person "had to" adopt due to unsafe situation
January 22, 2017
https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/e03e240b-baf4-3bcb-a43b-9b075455741d/ss_parent-drafted-into-adoption.html
Re: CF person "had to" adopt due to unsafe situation
January 22, 2017
If i ever get married, OH will need to sign a prenup about not only are we not having kids, that he agrees we will not take on anyone elses kids under any circumstances. If he will not agree to this in prenup, we do not get married. If he agrees than decides in the marriage that we are no longer childfree, he will become a single dad and we will divorce.
January 23, 2017
People use the word 'had' when there's no law requiring it or a gun at their heads. All it takes in this situation is a look at the big picture. There are thousands, if not millions of children presently in unsafe situations for which the letter writer's husband feels no particular responsibility. Make a donation to a charity that promotes access to contraceptives and call it a day.
January 23, 2017
ladybug2203
If i ever get married, OH will need to sign a prenup about not only are we not having kids, that he agrees we will not take on anyone elses kids under any circumstances. If he will not agree to this in prenup, we do not get married. If he agrees than decides in the marriage that we are no longer childfree, he will become a single dad and we will divorce.

I have never heard of a prenup covering anything other than finances. I doubt you could find a lawyer to write such a prenup and it would not be legally binding if you did. You cannot make someone promise to do certain things within the relationship and sue them in civil court if they fail to abide by them. If you're dissatisfied with the relationship, you get a divorce. In most places this is possible without providing a specific reason. In the case of an adoption you can also refuse to sign the adoption papers.
January 23, 2017
yurble
ladybug2203

I have never heard of a prenup covering anything other than finances. I doubt you could find a lawyer to write such a prenup and it would not be legally binding if you did. You cannot make someone promise to do certain things within the relationship and sue them in civil court if they fail to abide by them. If you're dissatisfied with the relationship, you get a divorce. In most places this is possible without providing a specific reason. In the case of an adoption you can also refuse to sign the adoption papers.

Shows how much I know about marriage lol. But nonetheless ID let prospective OH know that if he decides we are no longer childfree for whatever reason we will divorce. And if he wishes to take on someone else's kids he will be a single dad.
January 24, 2017
Foster care is an option. You can always take them back after shit settles. There is such a thing as temporary voluntary foster care.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login