Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Petition to reduce the line between being stillborn or a miscarriage - what??

Posted by lurker-derp 
Slight backstory; I do occasionally sign petitions. I'm no SJW, but a single grain of rice can tip the scale, so I'll add my name to protect foxes on a Scottish golf course or prevent a large-scale wolf eradication in Norway.

However, this afternoon I got an email about a petition changing the line that defines when a premie birth and death is called a stillbirth or a miscarriage. My first thought was "Why am I being sent this breeder-pandering shite when I never sign human-related petitions?" and my second thought was "Wait... what??".

Long story short, here in the UK, any baby that is born and dies before 24 weeks is defined as a miscarriage.

Enter a sob story from a woman who's baby was born and died 3 days before it would be officially classed as a stillbirth. Said woman is so offended that her legally defined miscarriage won't be given a birth certificate, she starts this petition, stating that "Rowan" DESERVES to be recognised with a piece of paper saying that she existed for all of five minutes.

Never mind the fact that my best friend of 10 years died the same month and year as this woman's baybee (so I myself was offended that this brain dead cow thought that her half-baked loaf was in some way entitled to be recognised as "equal" to my best friend), she's asking for the line to be pushed back from 24 weeks to 20 weeks, so I have to ask, where does it end??

Let's say this petition works and the law changes, what's to stop another woe-is-me moo from starting another petition to push the line back even further to, let's say, 12 weeks, because that's when a fetus starts to look more human than zygote? Or 8 weeks because that's when the baybee's heartbeat can be heard? Or 3 weeks because that's usually when the period is late? Where does this bloody madness end??

Sorry, I really needed to rant about this and here is only safe place for me to do so...
Because I'm heartless, I see stillbirth vs. miscarriage as a distinction without a difference. Let her call it whatever she wants. Same result: dead fetus.
I looked it up. Some woman wants a death certificate for a nine week embryo.
I wouldn't cede any ground which those forced birthers might use to make our lives more miserable. I bet this wannabreed hasn't even considered the potential impact on abortions.
In my country the line is 12 weeks. Didn't figure out you're not knocked up by then? Bad luck, you'll have to birth the thing. Unless, you, know...an "accident" happens.
I'm with Yurble on this, there are potential legal ramifications if the lowing cow succeeds. No doubt there would be places where stillbirth carries more weight than miscarries, and hell even in some draconian shitholes, miscarries carry's some legal charges. You can bet the forced birthers and ultra-cons would love to persecute all forms of miscarries, or at least make life a misery for those who have what is classified as a 'stillbirth'.

Nope, don't give these lowing misery-attention whores an inch...
OK I get it to a certain point....maybe it is not quite viable but it is no longer a clump. The mother wants to have a funeral, but hospitals will not release medical waste. I don't find 20 weeks all that farfetched, because there may be a (slim) shot at viability.

Problem is, next person will want to do this at 15 weeks, then 10, then with period blood when they lose it a week after peeing on the stick.

Give an inch, and attention whores will run a marathon with it (see, for reference, the womens' march--beefers want to whip the tits out in a 200 dollar a plate restaurant, but suddenly want lactation stations in a march.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login