Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Moo tries to exhort innocent guy out of $5000

Posted by cfdavep 
Moo tries to exhort innocent guy out of $5000
January 22, 2017
https://www.reddit.com/r/legaladvice/comments/5p0fbl/wa_neighbors_son_walked_into_my_garage_while_i/

Sprog illegally enters neighbor's garage through side door and stares at welding arc, guy takes kid back to moo and tells her take sprog to doc if their is any eye pain (should have just booted sprog's ass out) this gives moo idea, she claims sporg does have eye pain and tries to go after neighbour for $5000. Commenters point out that they hope welding arcs are not seen as "attractive nuisances" but for a tard they probably are.
Re: Moo tries to exhort innocent guy out of $5000
January 22, 2017
In this case, specifically, I am not sure what the guy could have done to prevent the child from entering. Clearly he was unattended by the parent, and trespassing on another person's private property. If the parent pursues a lawsuit, the homeowner should consider turning the parent in to child protective services, for her negligence in supervising her child.

As a general rule, I am a friendly neighbor but not too friendly. And in cases where neighbors have kids, I make it quite clear that I do not want them on my property at any time. I don't do Trick-or-Treat, I don't want any ball playing that just happens to spill over onto my property, and I don't want kids cutting through my backyard or over my lawn. If kids are going to put themselves in any danger of being injured, they need to do so on their parents' property, not mine.

Before you hand out candy or allow ball-playing on your property, understand that if a kid gets hurt, you're going to find yourself in big trouble. At the very least, your homeowners insurance premiums will get jacked up.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login