Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Pre-op counseling because I don't have kids?

Re: Pre-op counseling because I don't have kids?
April 08, 2017
Congrats!

Other than having to abstain from vaginal sex for 4-6 weeks, it shouldn't affect your sex life if you are keeping your ovaries.
April 08, 2017
bell_flower
Congrats!

Other than having to abstain from vaginal sex for 4-6 weeks, it shouldn't affect your sex life if you are keeping your ovaries.

Thanks!

I am keeping my ovaries but also having my cervix, uterus, and tubes removed.
April 08, 2017
Exactly the surgery I had..now 24 years ago. My sex life only got better. Yes you must not have vag for 4 to 6 weeks and then kind of carefully for a few weeks but then it was fine for me. Still had the same feeling..only better as I didn't have that fear of pignasty hangin over the whole experience. Seemed like, after they removed a few cysts from my ovaries they kind of kicked back in again and I was like a horny teenager for a few years. LOL It's leveled off now as I have gone through menopause...but things are still cookin'

Good luck... but I know you will feel it's the best thing you ever did for yourself. With not wanting kids and not worried about that whole 'ohhh I can't have anymore baybeeeeeees' stuff. You'll be fine. Attitude is everything.
April 10, 2017
starlady
Exactly the surgery I had..now 24 years ago. My sex life only got better. Yes you must not have vag for 4 to 6 weeks and then kind of carefully for a few weeks but then it was fine for me. Still had the same feeling..only better as I didn't have that fear of pignasty hangin over the whole experience. Seemed like, after they removed a few cysts from my ovaries they kind of kicked back in again and I was like a horny teenager for a few years. LOL It's leveled off now as I have gone through menopause...but things are still cookin'

Good luck... but I know you will feel it's the best thing you ever did for yourself. With not wanting kids and not worried about that whole 'ohhh I can't have anymore baybeeeeeees' stuff. You'll be fine. Attitude is everything.

Thank you for letting me know! I feel less worried now. Only 5 days and counting!
April 17, 2017
On day 3 of recovery and I am officially uterus-free! I was in and out of the hospital on the same day.

Other than a little soreness and that I can't really bend down, I feel surprisingly fine. I do have a follow-up appointment in less than 2 weeks, so I guess I'll know how much I recovered by then. I was told no heavy-lifting for 4 weeks, and no sex for 6 weeks.
April 17, 2017
CONGRATULATIONS! smiling face made up of smiles

My incision was itchy, but I had a vertical line of staples. I wore boy short underwear for a while.

I probably took 3-4 pain pills afterward. Practically no pain and I was SO HAPPY mine was gone.
April 17, 2017
bell_flower
CONGRATULATIONS! smiling face made up of smiles

My incision was itchy, but I had a vertical line of staples. I wore boy short underwear for a while.

I probably took 3-4 pain pills afterward. Practically no pain and I was SO HAPPY mine was gone.

Thank you!

No vertical incisions because I had it done laparoscopically. I just have 4 little tiny holes around my abdomen.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login