Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

At least only an older lady perished

Posted by me 
At least only an older lady perished
February 03, 2017
I haven't posted here in a long time. I read frequently but don't usually contribute. Anyway in my area there was a horrible multicar accident the other night. Someone ran several red lights, then hit a car at another red light and pushed that car into yet another car. The driver of the car in the middle was killed. So tonight the driver of the other car hit was on the news. Of course she was traumatized, who wouldn't be? Anyhow, it was a lady 7 months pregnant. So the line that sticks out to me from the interview was "not only did she (red light runner) kill an older lady, but she could have killed me and my unborn child". This "older" lady was 53 years old. Again, I get she's still shaken up, it hasn't been that long. And I am glad she survived and didn't lose the pregnancy. Just the way it was worded irked me. So, so tired of any baby's life (born or not) mattering more than any adult's life. And dammit, 53 isn't "older".
Re: At least only an older lady perished
February 03, 2017
No... 53 is not old at all. I'm 63 and I certainly don't consider myself old.

I hate this crap with the media where it seems that no one's life matters unless they are a kid or a parunt. So when I go...eventually... I guess there will be no mention of me in the news. Not a mother...a grandmother... I'm nothing. Well... I'm something. I am a living. breathing human being and I do matter to people in my life.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login