Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A little update from Harpi and Nephew

Posted by starlady 
A little update from Harpi and Nephew
February 08, 2017
Well... this is the latest.. according to a phone call DH made to Nephew last night. First ... Harpi has sinus problems. She's been out of work 2 days this week because she has an infection. She is allergic to 'something' and she doesn't know what it is and she can't take an allergy 'test' because it would interfere with her medication. (???) Asked DH what medication she is on and he didn't have a clue. So she keeps getting all these issues with allergies... sinus, dripping, sneezing.... Hey... lightbulb... CLEAN YOUR FREEKIN HOUSE !!! They never did clean up all that mold in the wall either. When I was there almost a year ago..I could not tell what color the rug in the living room was. I had shampooed that thing when Nephew moved in and it was very pretty. I don t think it's seen a vacuum since. The basement is musty.. and they go down there to do laundry. it's a no brainer what she is allergic to.

Also... DH thinks that Nephew is in denial. He has missed a payment on his car and had to borrow from his father to make the mortgage this month. They have been eating lots of spaghetti with cheap sauce. (ick) Switched to some off brand diapers .. that 'tend to leak more' so they use more. He acts so happy and contented and like everything is all rainbows and unicorns there in baybeeland. Dh wonders how he can be so 'upbeat'. I reasoned that.... he has to act like that when Harpi is sitting right there listening to the whole conversation. I know how she is. One negitive remark about his job or the kyd and she'll be upset and he can not stand any confrontation. So... he acts like everything is great. Of course he acted like that when he was here on moving day too.

He wants to get back into commission work (which is what my DH has been doing for about 30 years now) He loves to sell. Harpi will NOT LET HIM work commission. So he's in a just about min wage job paking boxes for a mailorder outlet.

Oh Nephew.... I hope you wake up soon.
Re: A little update from Harpi and Nephew
February 08, 2017
nothing new under the sun, eh??

two cents ΒΆΒΆ

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
February 08, 2017
These two idiots are living like teenagers with a baybee. Eating cheap food, not taking care of their house, borrowing money for their bills. Aren't they in their 30's? Too old to be so clueless.
February 08, 2017
And the countdown clock that started when sperm and egg collided continues to tick downward.
February 08, 2017
Yep... She's 35 and he's 34.
February 08, 2017
starlady
They have been eating lots of spaghetti with cheap sauce. (ick)

This kind of economy is stupid. A can of crushed tomatoes is cheaper than any premade sauce. Grab some Italian spices, and garlic salt.... throw it in a crock pot and you got some serious tastiness.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
February 09, 2017
starlady
Yep... She's 35 and he's 34.

O_o?! The fuck?!? That's too old for this type of bullshit! I was thinking they were in their 20's due to the stupidity. There is no excuse for this amount of no planning at this age.

"It is better not to look like what you are; it is better to look like a bourgeois woman because then all the doors are open for you and then you can just go and make hell." - Marjane Satrapi
February 10, 2017
Wow. Would have guessed 19, maybe 23 at most.
February 10, 2017
thought I posted near the beginning of this story that she wanted to pop a loaf before she got too old. LOL She was 32 when they got married. Yep.. I agree... way too old for this.... and she wants another one ... SOON. OMG don't people ever learn????? No surprise that I dont' want to associate with them (or her anyway) she's just a piece of work and I dont' need the aggravation. Dh wants to keep in touch and on good terms with Nephew so... I will get updates.
February 11, 2017
YIKES! Worst dream ever! Dreamed that DH and I went to see the new loaf. He held it and would not let it go and was all gaga over it. I could not get him to put the kyd down.

I dunno.. maybe that meant that we are thinking of the poor kyd stuck in that situation...who knows. It was just disturbing.
February 12, 2017
You guys probably do care more about the loaf than either of its parents do. They sound like a couple of semi-retarded teenagers who decided they knew everything and ran off to live in a low-income apartment and raise a baybee together because it'd be fun.

They could use cloth diapers to save on disposable ones, but since those require some minor effort, you know they won't use them because parents are fucking LAZY.

She is allergic to 'something' and she doesn't know what it is and she can't take an allergy 'test' because it would interfere with her medication.

Why would an allergy test interfere with medication? I've had one before - don't they just put drops on your back and prick your skin to see which drops change color? I think this is code word for "we can't afford any medical tests." Living in a moldy house would make anybody sick. I wonder who they'll be hitting up for money when the loaf inevitably gets sick from breathing in mold particles or any of the other crud in that hovel of theirs.

Nephew is in serious, deep denial, which is why he has to act like everything is totally wonderful. If he acknowledges just how shitty his life really is, he'll probably kill himself or the wife and brat. That's probably why he doesn't want to hear anyone breathe a single negative word about any aspect of his life. His sanity is dangling by a thread and someone bringing up how much his life sucks will be the blade that severs that thread. If they had any brain cells between them, they'd give the kid up for adoption so it can be raised by sane people in a clean home. But you know they won't because all you need to survive is wuv... and Gawd doesn't give you anything you can't handle.
February 13, 2017
Cambion
They could use cloth diapers to save on disposable ones, but since those require some minor effort, you know they won't use them because parents are fucking LAZY.

Slightly off topic:
Occasionally, a few people that I know discuss a former friend that we all know well.
He is retired, with no health conditions, has no specific responsibilities and has a very comfortable income and investment portfolio.

I started the term "Battle of the Titans" to describe former friend's past and current behaviour when he reaches any decision point.
Most of former friend's decisions and behaviour wrap around three major life issues who will battle out their priority for any particular decision or behaviour.

His Major Issues:
- cheap, (ie mooching to a disagreeable level, unwilling to cover own basic life expenses of food and shelter)
- lazy (ie unwilling to expend even basic effort for his own life needs)
- ego ( wanting to appear to other people to be a much better person than he is)

As an onlooker, it is hilarious to see how even small mundane decisions (how to get lunch, how to move some of his own possessions, how to have shelter for next week, what he will do if someone needs a little help, etc) get battled out with his main three issues to see which will take precedence this time.
February 21, 2017
Cambion

There was a whole article on this in the suntimes yesterday. Have a loaf, get free diapers

My DH comes home and says there's an article how stupid low income parents are. (He never talks like this usually) I'm like where?! Come 'on? No way! I read it and he says they are so dumb they can realize it is stupid spending 14% of their income on diapers when they could get cloth and save their money.

I'm like, i'm glad you read between the lines but, I said many, not all, people who never get themselves out of a hole, because they make very poor decisions, like not using BC when you're too broke for diapers, are also very unmotivated in doing anything. They see other moms have the convenience of disposable diapers and they wouldn't even think of using an alternative for themselves that would save money but take them more time and effort, like making a cake instead of going out and buying one.

But the joke's on us, because if you can't afford diapers, the nurses feel sorry for you and gather them all in a diaper drive.Then you get them free.
February 21, 2017
cfuter
But the joke's on us, because if you can't afford diapers, the nurses feel sorry for you and gather them all in a diaper drive.Then you get them free.

Ah yes, the dire plight of those suffering from diaper need. Don't forget every little bottom on the far side of the diaper divide.
February 22, 2017
Ummm...so.... I have a small dog who uses a training pad when I am not home. Where are my free puppy pads???? LOL What about when my senior dog gets old and needs doggie diapers (yeah, it happened to my last one) Where are my free doggie diapers??? Oh well... I don't have to send them to college.
February 22, 2017
They might get free diapers, but most of them never really get out of that hole. And they're stuck raising a kid.
February 22, 2017
randomcfchick
They might get free diapers, but most of them never really get out of that hole. And they're stuck raising a kid.

Right. If it actually worked, we wouldn't have been writing on this board about diaper need more than 5 years ago, and still hearing about it, because all those unplanned babies would have outgrown diapers and of course nobody else would be stupid enough to have babies if they couldn't afford diapers...
February 25, 2017
yurble
randomcfchick

Right. If it actually worked, we wouldn't have been writing on this board about diaper need more than 5 years ago, and still hearing about it, because all those unplanned babies would have outgrown diapers and of course nobody else would be stupid enough to have babies if they couldn't afford diapers...

True. And no matter how many free diapers they might get, they are STILL stuck with the kid. Their lives still suck. I prefer to just shrug at the "diaper need" things.
February 25, 2017
Where I live there's this commercial for a charity that gives food to people. The advertisement shows this young girl with an empty cupboard, doing poorly in school because she's hungry, later unable to feed her own children. Then they show her alternate life, where she has food as a child, provided by this charity, focuses on school, and is later able to get a good job and feed her own children.

Except at the end they mention that the charity has existed for 50-odd years.

If it produced the outcomes they claim, why would anyone still need their services?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login