Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

George Clooney becoming a duh

Posted by cfdavep 
George Clooney becoming a duh
February 09, 2017
https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/matt-damon-reveals-george-clooney-233005448.html

Just Ugh.
Re: George Clooney becoming a duh
February 09, 2017
Not surprised. I think we all saw this coming when he got married to a much younger woman.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
February 10, 2017
Likely a political move. Enjoy having 15 year olds at the age of 70. eye rolling smiley
February 10, 2017
danity
Likely a political move. Enjoy having 15 year olds at the age of 70. eye rolling smiley

He's just a Hollywood halfwit, he can't help himself.

Really though, very little of the "heavy lifting" as far as raising the kids go will be done by Clooney. He'll have an army of nannies and caretakers to handle all of the grunt work.
February 10, 2017
Another deserter. I saw this last night on the news and shocked my dh out of his beginnings of sleep by yelling 'DESERTER!
February 10, 2017
Yep, I knew when he married a woman young enough to be his kid that he would jump off the CF train. And with multiples thanks to test tubes.

Turn in your real man card, you are no longer attractive. Damn this list is dwindling.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
February 10, 2017
Oh well. All I know about him I got from his Rolling Stone interview, and the guy is vapid. Does the world really need more beautiful, entitled, brain-dead Hollywood spawn?
February 10, 2017
I think that Bachelor/CF thing was just part of his Hollyweird image with the women swooning over him and fantasizing about taming the guy. Personally I never understood grown women fantasizing about A list celebs as it seems more of a teen girl thing to have crushes on famous guys, but that's just my opinion on that. It was the same with the singer Pink and her claim to be CF and badass and now she has two kids. The pretend CF thing can be used to court controversy and attention
February 10, 2017

Turn in your real man card, you are no longer attractive. Damn this list is dwindling.

So true. We used to have Alan Rickman. Life is cruel sometimes.

That article is so bullshit. Matt Damon said he almost started crying for him? He's been schooled by his publicist no doubt. Or maybe Matt was crying because his friend's life is over? (Matt Damon has made many ambiguous statements about marriage to the press. One gets the impression he'd like to ditch his wifey + three kids a la Ben Affleck, but it's cheaper to keep her.)
February 10, 2017
I heard the news yesterday and was similarly disappointed. At least we still have Jay Leno.
February 11, 2017
Not mad at all. Joke's on him. He'll see this as the mistake it is almost immediately when his relationship changes for the worse and the sleep deprivation sets in. Of course, they'll probably hire a nanny (or staff of "help") to do the heavy lifting, so no harm no foul. It's clear he's compromising his lifelong childfree ideals for this woman, which ALWAYS works so well. /s sarcastic clapping
February 11, 2017
cfdavep
I think that Bachelor/CF thing was just part of his Hollyweird image with the women swooning over him and fantasizing about taming the guy. Personally I never understood grown women fantasizing about A list celebs as it seems more of a teen girl thing to have crushes on famous guys, but that's just my opinion on that. It was the same with the singer Pink and her claim to be CF and badass and now she has two kids. The pretend CF thing can be used to court controversy and attention

I am disappointed when a famous person who claimed to be CF breeds, because it lends weight to the ridiculous "You'll change your mind" bingo in the minds of idiots. I don't mourn a loss of similarity because between myself and the famous person because I don't buy the notion of "role models", nor do I care if a celebrity is less attractive to me because I outgrew this type of crush with my teenage years. I've pretty much given up hope of people being different from the norm, which means I can be pleasantly surprised when someone does buck the trend, and have the pleasure of having my expectations confirmed when they don't.
February 11, 2017
He didnt' change his mind..... SHE changed it for him. Happens that way most of the time with these men.
February 11, 2017
yurble
cfdavep

I am disappointed when a famous person who claimed to be CF breeds, because it lends weight to the ridiculous "You'll change your mind" bingo in the minds of idiots. I don't mourn a loss of similarity because between myself and the famous person because I don't buy the notion of "role models", nor do I care if a celebrity is less attractive to me because I outgrew this type of crush with my teenage years. I've pretty much given up hope of people being different from the norm, which means I can be pleasantly surprised when someone does buck the trend, and have the pleasure of having my expectations confirmed when they don't.

This crossed my mind, too. Thanks for pointing it out.
February 11, 2017
Already then! Something is telling me that the truth is somewhere between what media said and what Clooney actually was thinking. Was his celebrity status coming to a major slowdown so he decided to have an instant boost? That would not surprise me. Most of these celebrities are Hollywood puppets who basically do and say whatever gives them a chance of higher popularity. I am not convinced that they live a live the way they really want to live it.

Back in 2009, he said no kids for him:

http://childfreedom.blogspot.com/2009/03/childfree-celebrity-spotlight-george.html

"Even one kid running around my villa makes me nervous, so I'm definitely not a candidate for father of the year. If I need to surround myself with children and feel like I have this big extended family, I can always call Brad and Angie and ask them to stay with me, just to remind myself why I'm so happy."

Then, comes 2012:

http://whynokids.com/why-no-kids/childfree-celebrities/

He is not saying much in that one but is mentioned with certainty as CF.

Then, there is 2015:

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/george-clooney-doesnt-think-about-having-kids-with-amal-alamuddin-2015205

In an interview with Charlie Rose for CBS This Morning, the Tomorrowland actor, 54, said starting a family with his wife of eight months isn't a priority for them right now.

..."I don't really [think about it]," he told Rose. "I mean, I've thought about it, I suppose, but it hasn't been high on my list." He did note, however, that he'd been hearing the question more since marrying Alamuddin back in September.

..."I've been asked [about kids] a lot lately because I've gotten married and I'm doing a movie with kids in it," he said, joking that some people had gotten really "creative" about it.

In this last one, he simply said that he was not "thinking about it". No, he was not, he simply was planning on it, that is for sure.

I agree with Yurble. Celebrities like that do give those who bingo us more reasons to say: "You will change your mind", but, at the same time, I think bingos would be pouring our way even if Clooney did remain CF. Those who want to bingo us, they are going to find reasons to do it, whether there is George Clooney who bred or not.

I tend to stick to the idea that kids are mostly for the very rich and the very poor, as in both of those cases, their lifestyles are not going to be changed by kids a whole lot.
February 12, 2017
That's why I don't look to celebs as any forms of advice or practices, as they're so far removed from reality, that they simply don't have a clue how the everyday person lives.

The thing about celebs are that they're essentially over-priced whores without the sex and illegality. I remember seeing a documentary of nobody actors trying to break it into hollyweird, and there was one telling throw-away comment made out of sheer desperation. He said 'I would act in an ad, selling crack to pregnant mothers, if it would get me into hollywood!'... and this was BEFORE he became twisted by Hollyweird.

Nope, I couldn't give a rats what some overpaid and overglorified whore thinks or does, as they're only doing it to further their flagging career. It's not like they even care about their test-tube replicant, as other people will be raising it.
February 12, 2017
They all, ALL eventually cave in. Either by slucing, surrogatting or adopting, which is the most noble but still. Makes me sick! I used to feel so proud of my female celeb heroes who were child free, only to be sadly let down later on. So now I wait until they are at least over the age of 50 and still haven't spawned before I feel any pride. And that list of candidates is basically empty. I'm looking at you Janet Jackson! angry flipping off
February 12, 2017
Called it back in November 2014!

http://www.refugees.bratfree.com/read.php?2,373264,373364#msg-373364
February 13, 2017
bell_flower

That one still hurts. Rickman always was a class act, and I'm thinking that was true of his longtime partner and eventual wife, Rima Horton. You'd never have heard such drivel from those two about their 'fabulous' relationship or their 'angst' over whether or not to breed. The quiet test of time revealed it with grace.

"Vapid" is my being generous to these two fame-hungry dolts who are going to totally stunt-birth.
February 13, 2017
The thing is, having children for somebody like him is not at all the same as an average person. There won't be any financial hits, no sacrifices, no worry over child care. He has access to round the clock nannies so no sleepless nights or schedule issues over who picks the kid up from day care or who takes a day off work if kids are sick. He won't be expected to volunteer with a scout troop or coach Little League. Because of his earning potential he'd be socially excused from even spending time with them if he didn't want to. If he winds up enjoying parenthood it still came at literally zero cost.
February 13, 2017
bell_flower

That article is so bullshit. Matt Damon said he almost started crying for him? He's been schooled by his publicist no doubt. Or maybe Matt was crying because his friend's life is over? (Matt Damon has made many ambiguous statements about marriage to the press. One gets the impression he'd like to ditch his wifey + three kids a la Ben Affleck, but it's cheaper to keep her.)

Definitely cheaper to keep her. Unlike Ben's actress ex, Matt is the wallet of a former cocktail waitress (also the case of McConaughey). Unlike the latter, she waited to have the anchor (already single moo IIRC).

Mmmm Alan.

From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
February 14, 2017
As I read the article any sex appeal he possessed for me completely vanished. Ewwww.

Not surprised....the childfree comments stopped coming from him once he married which was enough to have me solidly convinced that she made kids and marriage a deal breaker. As Techie said he used to make childfree comments before marriage. Knew once the comments stopped that spawn were probable. Plus, they look so much alike they could practically be twins so how could they resist a mini-me! Doubt either of them are going to give up their careers so the spawn will be raised by nannies. Frankly he will be well past a traditional retirement age by the time the spawn are adults (grand geezer duh) and she will be also be a geezer moo.

And he will still be smug: https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=smug+alert+george+clooney&view=detail&mid=72ABA357E5D9E73159C872ABA357E5D9E73159C8&FORM=VIRE
February 15, 2017
Urgh! It's similar to the royals breeding. You know that the only hard part is the sluicing, and that probably wouldn't be that difficult with the world class painkillers they would have access to. The rest is outsourced to the hired slaves. Meh, it's merely publicity for a flailing celebrity status.
February 18, 2017
nokidsandhappy
Urgh! It's similar to the royals breeding. You know that the only hard part is the sluicing, and that probably wouldn't be that difficult with the world class painkillers they would have access to. The rest is outsourced to the hired slaves. Meh, it's merely publicity for a flailing celebrity status.

thumbs up

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
February 18, 2017
Clooney never did anything for me. There's always John Corbett.

John Corbett has been with Bo Derek since 2002 and they haven't sluiced.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login