Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Miss Manners gives piggo a proper smackdown

Posted by CrabCake 
Miss Manners gives piggo a proper smackdown
February 10, 2017
Not that it will stop any piggo from doing it, but it's still fun to read.

Revealing baby’s gender is not a party-worthy event

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shauna's like a gluten-free Jim Jones for dumb, lifeless middle-aged women. I swear, this bitch could set fire to a orphanage and they would applaud her for bringing them light. ~ Miss Hannigan
Re: Miss Manners gives piggo a proper smackdown
February 10, 2017
I had no idea any of these breeders cared about manners.
February 10, 2017
I wish we could convince all breeders of this:

Not everyone is as excited as you are about every detail of your child’s life. It’s best to know this now, before you start going on Facebook announcing baby’s first spit-up, or throwing parties for when he or she sleeps through the night.

And just wow:

One acquaintance of Miss Manners attended such an event and said that the mother-to-be was so distraught when she didn’t get the gender she wanted that she started blaming the guests for jinxing it.
February 11, 2017
kittehpeoples
I wish we could convince all breeders of this:

Not everyone is as excited as you are about every detail of your child’s life. It’s best to know this now, before you start going on Facebook announcing baby’s first spit-up, or throwing parties for when he or she sleeps through the night.

And just wow:

One acquaintance of Miss Manners attended such an event and said that the mother-to-be was so distraught when she didn’t get the gender she wanted that she started blaming the guests for jinxing it.

Glad Mrs. Manners dropped a gender neutral blanket on this mess.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
February 12, 2017
Piggos will find any stupid bullshit reason to throw themselves a shower/demand gifts. Gender reveal parties, push presents, baby showers and probably many others I've missed or never heard of. Nobody gives a shit! I think loaf showers in general are fucking tacky because you're asking other people to finance your voluntary life choice. If you can't afford to buy your own diapers, bottles and other loaf crap, then you can't afford to have a loaf. If people want to give you stuff, then fine. Don't stick your hand out and expect anyone to buy shit for your condom failure.

If you absolutely have to share what kind of taint your brat will be born with, can't you just tell people who want to know instead of throwing an entire fucking party for it? I've heard many stories of piggos having total meltdowns because the bakery they ordered their gender reveal cupcakes from didn't put the right color filling in the treats or didn't use the right sprinkles or some other stupid trivial shit. Just don't have a gender reveal party! Then you don't have to worry about some underpaid sap messing up your precious color-coded gender role cake.
February 13, 2017
Harping on about a baby's sex (because it isn't gender, these people have just become allergic to the word 'sex' as soon as the lines appeared on the pregnancy test) seems so ridiculously retro. Here we are, in an era when people are starting to talk about leaving intersex individuals intact and about multiple genders, and these people are trying to make a huge fucking deal about genitals. I don't know why breeders are so keen to promote strict gendering at the same time as most adults are giving less of a fuck about it.
February 13, 2017
What is all the fuss about the baby's gender all about anyway, unless perhaps you're a fundie trying to conceive the golden penis? I never have understood this. Isn't it supposed to be, "Who cares, so long as the baby is healthy"? Whoops, forgot, we're discussing breeders here.
February 14, 2017
kman
What is all the fuss about the baby's gender all about anyway, unless perhaps you're a fundie trying to conceive the golden penis? I never have understood this. Isn't it supposed to be, "Who cares, so long as the baby is healthy"? Whoops, forgot, we're discussing breeders here.

"Gender disappointment" sounds to me like something one might personally experience, not something you would experience about another person. When you're talking about a baby, the correct term is "too immature to be a parent." I always envision some middle-school girl with a notebook full of hearts with her crush's name and hers written as "Mrs. so-and-so" and a list of the names of all their children, in order. For the male part of the equation, I picture an even younger child saying with disgust, "Girls have cooooooties!"
February 15, 2017
We all know the parents don't give a flying fart about the kid, but it's another desperate attempt for attention-whoring. Yeah, there are a lot that care about the gender, but having a party about it is nonsense. Like Camb said, it's any excuse to make them the center of attention yet again.
February 15, 2017
It's only slightly more depressing than moos, and even duhds, that must have a 3d child, even tho they have 2 and work FT, because they really really want a girl/boy, that they dont already have. If they really were as busy and stressed out that they say they are, they wouldn't have it in them to do this, not to mention the money suck --up to and including college, or if they grew as a human being as much as they claim, they would learn that it just doesn't matter, the kids they had are enough to love.
February 15, 2017
yurble
Harping on about a baby's sex (because it isn't gender, these people have just become allergic to the word 'sex' as soon as the lines appeared on the pregnancy test) seems so ridiculously retro. Here we are, in an era when people are starting to talk about leaving intersex individuals intact and about multiple genders, and these people are trying to make a huge fucking deal about genitals. I don't know why breeders are so keen to promote strict gendering at the same time as most adults are giving less of a fuck about it.

I'm with you, yurble. There's no fucking way to determine a fetus's gender. I think they use the term "gender reveal" because they think the term "sex reveal" sounds dirty.

Eventually we're gonna read about someone who had a big-ass gender reveal party, only to find out they fucked up and that their kid is trans, or intersex, blah blah blah.

ETA: and kudos to Miss Manners for giving these people what for. They think the world rises and sets on their fucking pregnant tummy. Leave everyone alone and let them lead their lives. No one is fascinated with your impending bundle of doom.
February 16, 2017
randomcfchick
Eventually we're gonna read about someone who had a big-ass gender reveal party, only to find out they fucked up and that their kid is trans, or intersex, blah blah blah.

Oh, I don't know if that would be allowed. If some of these breeders have meltdowns over healthy but not the desired sex, imagine how they would respond to that.

The whole concept of these parties offends me because it seems like childhood now is more sexist than it was when I was young. Every toy or clothing seems to be hyper-gendered and breeders are falling over themselves to make a fuss over a child's sex before it is even born. They're obsessed with every tiny detail of their children's bodies, and it's super creepy.
February 16, 2017
Breeders are like "I don't care as long as it's healthy,"

But also not gay/lesbian/ace... and it can't grow up to have different political opinions than I do. But as long as it's healthy I don't care.

Lock him up or put him down.
Stolen from Shiny.
February 16, 2017

It's only slightly more depressing than moos, and even duhds, that must have a 3d child, even tho they have 2 and work FT, because they really really want a girl/boy, that they dont already have.

It's usually pretty telling what happened when two people have a gaggle of brats and the youngest one is a boy while all the rest are girls. People will breed themselves beyond poverty in an attempt to get the "missing" gender, like they're trying to complete a collection. They also tend to do this if their first kid is born sick or retarded, so they try again for a "normal" kid... and quite possibly someone to care for the sickly/stupid child once Mommy and Daddy shit the bed. Then they wonder why they can't afford to live in spite of both parents working full-time. Gee, couldn't be those six fucking kids you "had" to have because you couldn't be happy with 1-2 healthy kids of the same gender.

I noticed this when I was a kid myself. I was friends with the three kids of a family that was friends with my family. Youngest one was a boy, the oldest and middle kids were girls, all about two years apart. The father was a grade-A redneck, and while they spanked their kids, it seemed like Duh put up with far less shit from the girls than from the boy and spanked/yelled at the girls a lot more often. My guess is Duh wanted a golden-penis from the get-go, got two mistakes girls and insisted he and Moo keep trying until they got a boy. He probably saw his daughters as the lesser progeny because they didn't have penises and treated them as such.
February 17, 2017
It has been my experience that breeder moos don't care about the sex of the first kid, they just want a baybee. Then they want the second one to be the opposite of the first. If it isn't they get absolutely obsessed with getting the other kind of kid. Breeder duhs usually just want boys (if they want kids at all), although there are exceptions.
February 17, 2017
If I could make a mandatory breeding exam, one of the questions would be: "Which do you prefer, boys or girls?" The only correct answer would be some variation of "Neither, this is a person we're talking about, not an accessory."
February 17, 2017
My father died when I was in elementary school. It's one of those things. Someone has to be the 1%.

So I didn't have him long enough, but it wasn't until I started hanging around CF venues and paying attention to Breeders that I realized I was extremely lucky in one respect: I came from a family of girls. I am the youngest. My mom asked my father if he wanted to try for a boy after I was born and he told my mom no. He was happy with us girls.

I never felt "less than" because I was a girl. Nor was I treated like a princess. My sisters and I shoveled snow and raked leaves. We all grew up with a work ethic.

Until I started hanging out here, I never realized how common it is for parents to express disapproval to their children over their sex. My father gave me a gift that I'm fortunate to have.

Breeders truly boggle my mind. THEY BLAME KIDS THEY CHOSE TO HAVE BECAUSE OF THEIR SEX. thinks someone else is crazy

If I could make a mandatory breeding exam, one of the questions would be: "Which do you prefer, boys or girls?" The only correct answer would be some variation of: Neither, this is a person we're talking about, not an accessory.

That1000
February 18, 2017
bell_flower

If I could make a mandatory breeding exam, one of the questions would be: "Which do you prefer, boys or girls?" The only correct answer would be some variation of: Neither, this is a person we're talking about, not an accessory.

That1000

Agreed.

I actually have had people ask me if I was an "accident", simply because I have an older brother and sister. They figure that I must be an accident because my parents already had their mix-matched set of offspring. I also have a friend with two daughters who got asked for YEARS when she and her husband would have another so "he could have his son". They were both really good at giving blank stares, forcing the person to further stammer about how they should have a boy...more blank looks/playing dumb...until the person basically has to spell out their own sexism. Win.
February 18, 2017
My mother's first child was an accidental pregnancy. Birth control in 1962 was no sure thing. Same with the second pregnancy, which ended in a late miscarriage.

My mom hung up her oven and went the adoption rout. She adopted a 2 and a half year old toadler with a load of baggage. I had learning disabilities and Aspbergers.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
February 18, 2017
bell_flower
I never felt "less than" because I was a girl. Nor was I treated like a princess. My sisters and I shoveled snow and raked leaves. We all grew up with a work ethic.

That is my experience as well. In my family, male and female did outdoor chores like shoveling snow and weeding the garden, and indoor chores like cooking and laundry. Where toys and hobbies were concerned we were all encouraged to pursue what interested us.

But honestly, in this rural community I think this was the norm. That's why I feel like we're hurtling backwards in terms of gender roles.
February 18, 2017
These people don't give a thought in the world as to how the kid will feel once it learns, and I ASSURE IT WILL FIND OUT, that moo and/or duh wanted whatever gender they are not. I could write a book about the shitpit of life caused by being one of three daughters to a man who wanted a boy.soapbox cursing

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
February 19, 2017
yurble
bell_flower

That is my experience as well. In my family, male and female did outdoor chores like shoveling snow and weeding the garden, and indoor chores like cooking and laundry. Where toys and hobbies were concerned we were all encouraged to pursue what interested us.

But honestly, in this rural community I think this was the norm. That's why I feel like we're hurtling backwards in terms of gender roles.

Agreed. I was the girl, but I was also five years older. I had to do the more difficult chores just because of my age.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login