Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Announcement clothing

Posted by starlady 
Announcement clothing
February 14, 2017
First time I've ever seen it...but it's no surprise.

Had a little get together with about 12 friends here at the house over the weekend. One couple showed up... she's wearing a red shirt (not unusual as it was a Valentine theme party) When she first got here she kept her sweater kind of pulled across her chest. After we had our appitizers and watched an old video of some people in our same group..about 20 years ago (lots of laughs) she opened her sweater to reveal something about "It's Valentines Day and we have a big announcement" Then there was a heart over the bump area with 2017 on it. They will find out the sex in a couple months so I outright asked them.....'So... are you going to get a special shirt for that too?"
Luckly my friend is cool... and she laughed. then she turned to her husband and said.. "Can you order me one for that too?"

Then I continued the joke with telling them to get one that said "I FEEL SICK" or "I GOTTA PEE" or "IT"S KICKING" or "MY WATER BROKE".......... and on and on.... and everyone joined in and we got all the way to "THANK doG.. my kids are grown up and GONE!"

So.. has anyone else seen these 'announcement shirts?" Just more attention whoring.
Re: Announcement clothing
February 14, 2017
So this couple attempted to use a general get-together that you were hosting as an opportunity to make it about them and turn themselves into the guests of honor? It wouldn't be half as annoying if this was a party they had planned and hosted, but this is just tacky.

And yes, announcement shirts and the like is nothing but attention whoring. Why do they need the validation from unrelated people who really don't give two shits?

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
February 14, 2017
It was okay with me ... and my group of friends are the kind who will congradulate but don't dwell on it. The conversations in the room moved on to other topics after about 5 minutes and a good meal. We are a pretty close group .. like famiy... so it was okay. Most have grown kids who came along in a time when this attention whoring didn't go on. It was like "okay.. yer a havin' a baybe. Good for you. Let's eat." LOL
February 14, 2017
I've never seen it, but fortunately they make shirts for people stuck in your situation too. They read: "I'm with stupid. ->"
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login