Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The "non-conforming" lives of parents

Posted by cfdavep 
The "non-conforming" lives of parents
February 17, 2017
"I paid $ to buy a house in the best damn school district in my state, and after a single year of public schooling, my wife started talking about "living the life of a nonconformist" and I though she was nuts. It took another full year before I realized that I'm the one who is nuts. She was right, I was wrong, and the kids are out riding bikes RIGHT NOW, in the middle of a beautifully sunny school day."

I was reading BikeSnobNYC's blog today. The guy is pretty funny, but admits he has to take time off his bike blog when the sprogs are on break from school. Anyway some commenter to his latest post writes the above concerning their kids riding bikes. I guess their kids being on bikes and not in an SUV is non-conforming. Apparently the tiniest thing breeders do that is not total conformity is considered to be total rebellion against the masses.
Re: The "non-conforming" lives of parents
February 17, 2017
Picked up 96 gallons of leaves, pine cones and sticks today.#livingthelifeofanonconformist

Walked a block to the mailbox instead of taking the car.#livingthelifeofanonconformist

Last night for dinner ate Indian crackers, Mexican soup and Yemeni main course.#livingthelifeofanonconformist

Stirred, not shaken.#livingthelifeofanonconformist
February 18, 2017
I suppose many people would consider me a nonconformist because I am childfree, don't have a car by choice, switched careers, etc. But I'm not thinking in terms of 'I am a rebel, hear me roar,' I am just living the kind of life I want to live, which sadly appears to be one of the most nonconformist things about me.

People who need to brag about how nonconformist they are haven't outgrown the teenage phase where they take pleasure in bragging about their uniqueness.
February 18, 2017
freya
Picked up 96 gallons of leaves, pine cones and sticks today.#livingthelifeofanonconformist

Walked a block to the mailbox instead of taking the car.#livingthelifeofanonconformist

Last night for dinner ate Indian crackers, Mexican soup and Yemeni main course.#livingthelifeofanonconformist

Bought a new toilet brush yesterday. #livingthelifeofanonconformist #yolo #momsexy
February 18, 2017
cfdavep
"I paid $ to buy a house in the best damn school district in my state, and after a single year of public schooling, my wife started talking about "living the life of a nonconformist" and I though she was nuts. It took another full year before I realized that I'm the one who is nuts. She was right, I was wrong, and the kids are out riding bikes RIGHT NOW, in the middle of a beautifully sunny school day."

The hypocrisy of breeders is vomit inducing. Attention whoring is by definition conformity, as it's seeking approval from society. I breezed over his blog, and it's bursting at the seams with observance to materialism and obedient group-think.

There is nothing individual about this middle-aged, materialistic cyclist in lycra.
February 18, 2017
cfdavep

I was reading BikeSnobNYC's blog today. The guy is pretty funny, but admits he has to take time off his bike blog when the sprogs are on break from school. Anyway some commenter to his latest post writes the above concerning their kids riding bikes. I guess their kids being on bikes and not in an SUV is non-conforming. Apparently the tiniest thing breeders do that is not total conformity is considered to be total rebellion against the masses.

So the guy chooses to in NYC, among 9 million other people who've chosen to live there, and he's a "nonconformist?"

Give me a break.

More importantly, nonconformity is not virtuous by default.
February 18, 2017
Doing something seven billion people have already done? Letting your kids go outside?

#soedgy
#justanotherselfcongratulatorybreeder
February 18, 2017
It's like when The Goth crowd dress the way they do to be different when they look exactly like all their friends. I never thought I'd live long enough for kids playing outside to be considered non conforming. How ABSURD.

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
February 20, 2017
yurble
freya

Bought a new toilet brush yesterday. #livingthelifeofanonconformist #yolo #momsexy

#soedgy

Was it white or a bright color?
February 21, 2017
The small samplings that I have had of edgy parents was experiences of a haughty know-it-all attitude while neglecting their sticky dirty child who tried to kill itself on other people's expensive items.
February 21, 2017
The sad thing is, since many people, especially parents, are lemmings and also look at *anything* like not driving, not being attached to a smartphone, not hovering over their children, as non-conformist.

I live by a transit hub, many of my friends (and their teenaged children) could walk ONE block to the bus stop and quickly (less than 1 mile) bus it to the train, instead of paying $30 to park downtown. I'm the only one who does it and I live farther than that one block. Then they get in their cars to walk on a treadmill at the health club. I don't feel edgy, but I do realize I'm an outsider in so many subtle ways. At the same time, I resent the hipster "movement" to force their bicycle/pedestrian habits on other people. If you feel like walking and biking makes your life better, good, but leave others alone.

I think the guy thinks he's non-conformist not just for letting his kids play outside, but also, letting them take the day off of school, since the weather is unusually nice and they have a chance to enjoy the day and weather and opportunity to be outside. But does this just teach them kids that school, (and work in the future) isn't a commitment to keep when something fun comes up or it's a nice day to go fishing/golfing?
February 21, 2017
freya
yurble
freya

#soedgy

Was it white or a bright color?

Toilet brushes can come in any color and we need to teach our children not to judge toilet brushes on the basis of the dyes impregnating the plastic. #number1ally #childrenarethefuture #sobrave #breathe
February 21, 2017
the hashtags totally cracking me upgrinning smiley
February 21, 2017
Hmm I am not sure I understand. Parents saying they are non-conformist yet they went and followed the Life Script and had kids. Doesn't that make them conformists?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
They are having children for selfish and narcissistic reasons, or are simply irresponsible. Funny... Those are the terms often used to describe the CF

~Live, Laugh, Love~
February 21, 2017
creativelycf
Hmm I am not sure I understand. Parents saying they are non-conformist yet they went and followed the Life Script and had kids. Doesn't that make them conformists?

well 'cause everybody is soooo youneek and nonconformist, it's nonconformist to conform.
#freedomisslavery

Click here to login